Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I ask this question because I strongly believe in God, and that prayer has served me in accomplishing a lot of things. At the same time, by my accepting reality I am able to make rational decisions about every day which serve me best.
Sounds like you're ready for Middle Path or Middle Way spirituality.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
And some will just observe without thought

Yes, that is the tendency to observe and not even know it's there, ignoring the object with no awareness of it's presence, invisible, if that is what you meant. There would be a difference knowing it was there without thought as was meant and not knowing it was there blind to the thought it is. Both are how we think. imo, this is how spiritual and reality go together as well
Old 08-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Ascender
So many great responses! So much to think about. Thank you everyone!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I ask this question because I strongly believe in God, and that prayer has served me in accomplishing a lot of things. At the same time, by my accepting reality I am able to make rational decisions about every day which serve me best. But here is where I feel confused.

Even though reason and evidence have served me well in this world. I have also seen the power of faith in action, and it has allowed me to do things I would not have thought possible had I followed my logic. There is no other way I can explain it that makes sense.

This has me thinking. Are these two concepts fundamentally opposed to the other, or do they compliment each other? I think that by obeying the established rules of nature enable greater power rather than limitation in the world. I am probably rambling a bit. Thoughts?

I think the two can coexist and be reconciled. Rationality is a matter of choosing appropriate action based on a logical assessment of causes, effects and the final best outcome. It's rare that every variable can be pinned down to a logical equation though. We tend to fill in gaps with intuition. There is nothing less logical about bringing factors of faith into your rationalising (as long as you avoid turning superstition into something concrete - linking a cause and effect on just one instance without repeatability).

Old 08-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Pathfinder

The Emerald Tablet says; "As above, so below."

As other posters have stated, there is a relationship between rationality and spirituality. The Emerald Tablet says the same thing in it's own words.

Another way to say it is to recall that the Spiritual reflects the Physical, just as the Physical reflects the Spiritual. This is because they are not actually different things, but vastly different perspectives of the same thing.

This is what is to be transcended: Our own limited perspective. Then the rationality of spirituality will become crystal clear.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrish
This is because they are not actually different things, but vastly different perspectives of the same thing.
Something that needs to be kept in mind when discussing all either-or questions: the reality of both relative and absolute truth. In this case, human thought and consciousness as the relative truth physical-material expression; Cosmic Consciousness as the absolute truth Spirit expression.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Something that needs to be kept in mind when discussing all either-or questions: the reality of both relative and absolute truth. In this case, human thought and consciousness as the relative truth physical-material expression; Cosmic Consciousness as the absolute truth Spirit expression.
Where are they separate?
Old 08-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrish
Where are they separate?
I'm agreeing with you. Two expressions, from two vastly different perspectives. Relative and absolute.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I
I would see that as intuition or 6th sense or gut feeling. That inner voice that I feel we all have that open us to think without the brain's logic center putting doubt out there.

What is logic honesty its one thing to one person and another thing to another person at times. We have to learn to walk before we can run in life so we have to learn what works for us and what does not.

Lynn

That's what I am trying to understand most Where does it all come from?

Last year I was driving through the country, eating my breakfast (I multitask). Obviously it's not the safest situation, but seeing as there were no cars, I didn't see it as high risk.

While I was eating, I had a thought and a vision, "what if I were killed running into a herd of elk?" I actually laughed out loud imagining that on my tomb stone. (Ate breakfast while driving, Ran Into a Herd Of Elk - Rest in Pieces)

But somehow, I decided to put my food aside and both hands on the wheel. About 15 seconds later, over the hill, there they were! A herd of elk! What were the chances!?

There is no way I can explain how I knew that would happen rationally. I wasn't primed in advance or prewarned. Even if I were, that would not explain the timing.

I think our scientists and educators need to open their eyes to these things or at least test them. There must be more to reality than what we observe in plain sight.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Pathfinder

Ah. If I may ask, what leads you to that conclusion?