Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-12-2016, 06:07 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

From a spiritual point of view what does the statement the top of the mountain mean to you. I grew up with a childhood game "King of the Mountain". I was never the King growing up.

Lynn

On the mountain top mean to me.

On the mountain top mean : I have beyond any border, the border of nature, the creation, realms, accessible, reign, changeable, stable, balance, energy, forward and backward......uncountable existences , the float, the sink, fusion, conduction, mechanism, flow.... the bliss, happiness, suffering, stress... sickness... God, alien, ghost.... time....

They're on my hand never split or volatile, they're constants, still, idle, silence, quiet.....

That means, I need to seek for another mountain top which I supposed it can be higher than this mountain top. There's a Chinese idiom: there's a mountain beyond this mountain --- there's always somebody or something better.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:07 AM
Master
I just thought, when you are in the valley you don't see far, but from the mountain top one can see the entire valley below. But, you have to leave the valley to reach the mountain top, and it is harder to go up the hill than it is to go down.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:28 AM
Ascender
Top of the mountain means being in charge, king, queen or even the strongest.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:35 AM
Master
It means reflection. To look back with fondness over the journey. It means to appreciate the view more from climbing over someone who took the ski-lift or helicopter to the top.
Old 23-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Master
Midnight Oil – King Of The Mountain

"King Of The Mountain"

Walking through the high dry grass, pushing my way through slow
Yellow belly black snake, sleeping on a red rock
Waiting for the stranger to go
Sugar train stops at the crossing, cane cockies cursing below
Bad storm coming, better run to the top of the mountain

Mountain in the shadow of light, rain in the valley below
Well you can say you're Peter, say you're Paul
Don't put me up on your bedroom wall, call me the king of the mountain

Blacksmith fires up the bellows, cane cutters burning the load
Workers of the world, run to the top of the mountain

Chorus - Mountain in the...

I can't take my hands from my face, there are some things we can't replace

Mountain in the

Over liquid tarmac wastelands of cactus and heat
Down cobblestone alleyways of washing day sheets
Up ghost prairie mountains of sunset and space
Down the road at a familiar place, across the wilderness
Out further than the bush I will follow you

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 23-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Master
It means nothing.

But i like the idea and i'll play along with it and make it into something spiritual. I'll say that reaching the top means your understanding, wisdom, and strength has come to a certain peak. And with that comes greater responsibility. Through constant trial and error, of course. The journey to the top must have been a rough journey. Getting lost and distracted, constantly falling and having to pick yourself back up. Failure after failure and never giving up. Then finally making it to the top. The journey is not over though. Now its up to you to take that leap of faith and jump off into the unknown. Do you survive? ..... Of course not, nobody does.
Old 23-12-2016, 08:50 AM
Suspended
I'll go along with ocean breeze's post.
Old 23-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
"And when you have reached the mountain top, it is then you begin to climb"..It hangs on the my wall, it has a sweet little bird sitting by its nest full of eggs, with a cable car postage stamp on it.

Everything can be symbolic in your world, if it is for you. I bought that at a time when I had reached the top of a bigger cycle of growth in my reality.

Now days I see mountains more directly as mountains. I have a few favourites in my world. I don't have any desire to climb them all the same. Rather enjoy them as a gift from nature from wherever I stand..

As for Kings and Queens, that too has a symbolic relationship as you see it..

Yes, I tend to this view seeing it as metaphorical for any summit one feels one's reached. That doesn't mean it's the only or highest summit and whether one climbs them is related to the rewards.

In a spiritual context the King / Queen concept suggests someone being both ruler and subject, control over the emanations of Self, thus in one view ruler of one's destiny.

Old 23-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Ascender
There's no right or wrong answer. It's how each person sees it.
Old 23-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Master
Merry Nevermind!