Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Seeker

Sceptics' life - reflection

Spirituality is a huge part of my life. I got to the point where I don't just 'believe' in spirit world, I actually 'know' that it exists.
But like any of you I meet people who are skeptics. They don't believe in life after death or anything paranormal.

I try not to let myself to be affected by them, when they preach about their 'beliefs'. But I kinda think to myself, "I feel sorry for you guys, because your life must be so narrow, so void of deep sense of love, belief and spirituality'.
Is anyone else thinks like that when you interact with 'skeptics'?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Better known as Jo

Sure. But then I remember that we are all on our own journey and let it go.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Master

I don't know if I believe in the afterlife tbh and I feel quite ok knowing this may be all there is.

I still feel spiritual I guess it's just that my experience is about the here and now, the present moment.
I have never had any paranormal experiences and I actually feel as though it's not part of my personal journey to have them.
I feel like my personnel journey is about learning to be very present on earth and living a very human existence.

Why feel sorry for people like me who are skeptical about the after life? I certainly don't feel sorry for me, I am enjoying my wonderful and vibrant existence right now. And so far as living in a loveless void, well I say pffft to that lol. . . One can be skeptical and still feel connected to deep love!!
I could choose to feel a bit sorry for people who can't access spirituality/deep, Devine love without all the new age bells and whistles: obe's astral travel, NDE's angels ect. . . But I choose not to because I know that all our journeys are unique :)
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Guide

I am not sure if I feel sorry for skeptics. They are perhaps following one of the most difficult and challenging of spiritual paths. Maybe we should respect them because of this.

In my opinion everyone is God but some people have temporarily forgotten this. This is all as it should be. Nothing to worry about. Everyone comes to realize who they are in their own good time and that includes skeptics.

Where I have more of a problem is with fundamentalists with their beliefs in sin and hell fire. I guess they are on the right spiritual path for them too. But I find it more difficult to respect them.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Master
I appreciate skeptics often more than I do anything else! Because they make me question and answer what it is I do believe in and what I don't and a lot of the things they offer are valid, the difficulty is am I strong enough in my truth to not be taken of the beaten track so to speak, they have bought me much more than a lot of people who are absolute in there area's, because they remind me that anything that is my belief should not be shaken by anything, if its truly what I know as my truth. And if it isn't, it sends me searching. I think there invaluable personally for my spiritual path and there own :) Cause on the flip side if a skeptic changes to a believer, I reckon theyd be pretty solid in that! And if they don't, well hey, we ALL find out what its all about in the end! Its all just another path in a maze of possible walks back to our home!
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 06-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienka
But I kinda think to myself, "I feel sorry for you guys, because your life must be so narrow, so void of deep sense of love, belief and spirituality'.
Is anyone else thinks like that when you interact with 'skeptics'?

No, I don't.

For the skeptic, life is neither narrow nor devoid of a deep sense of love. Nor is it devoid of awe or wonder at the universe. It don't think it is even quite correct to say that their lives are devoid of belief or spirituality. It's just a different perspective on life.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Fairmountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better known as Jo
Sure. But then I remember that we are all on our own journey and let it go.

I love this.....
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Master

Eudamonist :) hello!

I totally agree with you!

I believe (for myself) that all existence is now and that 'this moment' is all there ever is. . . For me this 'moment' feels like infinity.

My life is very full of love, joy, and appreciation.

One does not need to believe in an afterlife or experiance anything paranormal to live a full spiritual life.

Heck I don't even really believe in god but I still feel very connected to the home source. . . All the home source is to me is unity and harmony in oneness. All the bits and pieces are just the individual cells my universal 'body'.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Ascender

I also "know" that the spiritual world exists :)

I think there are always ways to actually convince people to believe. If it really came down to it, an atheist can be made a believer. For example, I saw some videos on YouTube that had total atheist non-believers who didn't believe in any life after death. This example in particular had one of those atheists and a psychic medium did a face to face reading with him, telling the atheist details which he couldn't have known about his friend who had passed away. The atheist was crying because of the truths and confirmations and he became a believer at that point.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:15 AM
Master

When will people stop trying to convert each other to the 'truth'
Truth is an illusion.
We all need to travel our own path of 'truth' what is 'true' for you may not be true for any other single soul on the planet.
People should concentrate less on converting people to the 'truth' and focus more on accepting each other.