Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-06-2017, 08:22 PM
Knower
Angel1 can anyone answer this?

As a past Christian I am confused. I mean no disrespect here but can someone answer this question.
If the main lesson of Christianity is forgiveness and god forgiving all our sins, how can there be eternal hell?
Its a question I have asked numerous people who have skated around the issue and not been able to offer a straight answer. I struggle to understand this.
Old 29-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
As a past Christian I am confused. I mean no disrespect here but can someone answer this question.
If the main lesson of Christianity is forgiveness and god forgiving all our sins, how can there be eternal hell?
Its a question I have asked numerous people who have skated around the issue and not been able to offer a straight answer. I struggle to understand this.

Well Starlight I can give you a straight answer...
There is no hell, it isn't mentioned in the bible so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Knower
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Well Starlight I can give you a straight answer...
There is no hell, it isn't mentioned in the bible so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you for your view however you are mistaken. I think you are referring to the Hebrew bible where there is no given word to mean hell in the sense of the word, however the references speak for themselves. Fire and brimstone is the same to all. The King James Version of the bible does mention hell which asks another question, if the word hell can be brought forth from a reference to the effect, then all know what is meant. The Old Testament is not easy reading for me with references to sacrifices and ultimatums
Thank you anyway I appreciate your views
Old 11-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for your view however you are mistaken. I think you are referring to the Hebrew bible where there is no given word to mean hell in the sense of the word, however the references speak for themselves. Fire and brimstone is the same to all. The King James Version of the bible does mention hell which asks another question, if the word hell can be brought forth from a reference to the effect, then all know what is meant. The Old Testament is not easy reading for me with references to sacrifices and ultimatums
Thank you anyway I appreciate your views

In the original language of the bible the word hell does not exist.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Knower
Quote:
In the original language of the bible the word hell does not exist.

I am not so focused on the word.. as the meaning of the text, you will find reference to it in many areas of the bible as well as the word itself in the King James Version, 23 times in fact.
If the original bible does not use the actual word why is it that it is used in the King James Version to describe what is in the original text..the word is obviously referring to the meaning.
While we are discussing this, why are there so many versions to choose from? Is it not bad to tweak the word of the lord in any way.
You make valid points.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I am not so focused on the word.. as the meaning of the text, you will find reference to it in many areas of the bible as well as the word itself in the King James Version, 23 times in fact.
If the original bible does not use the actual word why is it that it is used in the King James Version to describe what is in the original text..the word is obviously referring to the meaning.
While we are discussing this, why are there so many versions to choose from? Is it not bad to tweak the word of the lord in any way.
You make valid points.

The bible has been translated over and over again, it was written by ordinary people like you and me, therefore it is their individual interpretations that we read in each version.

Is it the word of the lord ? Thats something only you can answer...
I prefer to look at it as a ' Story Book ' and I take the good from it and leave the bad behind
Old 08-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Knower

The Ancient text's were spread over the ages of many a passing , so it is to gain a truth of insight to the truth so you can give reason to its givings of time given of their understanding not their actual reasons of their known certainty. So how can we give our certainty forth in a solid truth of unwavering means when all they did was give forth no facts but a wisdom of truth for you to give forth your insightful means of reason to the Ancient energy within the Ancient text's.

Its for all who share the means of their truth of Grace given forth in their measurement of their given wisdoms of such depth to the Ancient energy of the sacred text's.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Guide

Yeah, like you understand God's vision for me. Good one! You believe what you want to believe, and I'll believe what I want to believe. I'm not out on some mission to change anyone. I'm just pointing out a fact. Good day!
Old 11-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Knower

How you received that truth is not surprising to me. Your words couldn't be more directed for you if they were given a map. You should be more honourable in translating your own personal truth that is your knowledge of truth to where you no nothing for knowledge is within the passings of your own personal truth towards your insight received when you gather towards the wisdom of your known understanding. It is of knowledge unknown to you that matters to your questions you give truth towards.

Don't give your means of truth to whats in perfect alignment of your given moment of whatever passings given.

For time giveth to a passing of no measure of truth shall be what is unknown to you. For only by the choices presented before you may you then have a truth of your own.
Old 14-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
: There is no hell, it isn't mentioned in the bible so I wouldn't worry about it.

well it is mentioned in the bible but not in the way MANY were taught. Satan has blinded even the BELIEVERS, sadly the “believers”, believe ONLY he's blinded the “unbelievers”. Satan KNEW Jehovah God and Jesus NEVER CREATED a “hellfire”. I tell people, please do research on the “origin of a hellfire). One would see how it became incorporated into christianity. The “hellfire” is a false teaching,which was interpretations are wrong.

Hell is real!... a “hellfire” it isn't! , there's a difference. A hellfire was said to be a place God ,Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3) created. Satan has blinded even the BELIEVERS, sadly the “believers”, believe ONLY he's blinded the “unbelievers”. Satan KNEW Jehovah God and Jesus NEVER CREATED a “hellfire”. I tell people, please do research on the “origin of a hellfire). One would see how it became incorporated into christianity.
The “hellfire” is a false teaching, which was interpretations are wrong. yet even some christians tend to believe this teaching.

It said that the wicked are burned forever once they have died, because of their sins. But Jehovah's word shows our sins are wiped away once we died ,( Rom.6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin). Remember God told Adam, that the day he eat from a certain tree, he would positively die ,(Gen. 2:17,kj version said “surely die”). Scriptures back this saying as the truth ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord).

There's NO “SOUL”, that leaves the body and is in a burning fire. Because the “SOUL” is a living being ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul). Jesus even showed us this when he was speaking a parable of the “rich man”, Jesus said ,(“And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry”, Luke 12:19). Why would Jesus use this word, if he KNEW the SOUL was the ghost of the dead? The dead wouldn't need to eat and drink, would they?

Many believe there's an actual “hellfire” because of what Jesus said here ,(Matt. 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire). Do you really believe Jesus was saying, if someone calls another “fool”, they will go to a “hellfire”? Jesus said this also ,(Matt.25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels). if hell suppose to be a place where demons reside, and wicked dead are tortured. then why did Jesus say an everlasting fire would be waiting for even the demons?,

Jesus means total destruction, since fire totally destroys things. And he KNEW, humans would understand that. Some faithful men of the bible, also KNEW there was NO fierly place, and what “HELL”, really was. See (Psa.139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there). David, a faithful servant, prays again to God. now if hell is a place where demons resides, God touches nothing unclean. hell would be considered by God unclean, why would God be there? Again why would he let a faithful servant go there? David meant if he falls a sleep in death, Jehovah will still remember him, (as in resurrection).

And Since many believe the wicked are tortured, there would be NO sleeping in a fiery place, would there? “hell” is only a place where the dead bodies are... graves!
Jonah was another one ,(Jonah 2:1,2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice). He didn't mention seeing demons and fire, did he? He thought he would die there, in a since it would have been his grave!

Lastly to prove hell ISN'T A FIERY PLACE, (Rev. 20:10-15), speaks of satan, the beast, (worldly governments), and false prophets cast into the lakes of fire, tormented forever. Now again if the demons lived in fire. Why are they thrown here? It just meant they will soon be totally destroyed. They already know they will be, right now it's tortured to them knowing they will soon be destroyed. Because they knew they was to also live forever, until they turned against Jehovah God.

also here it says ,(Rev.20:13,14 ”And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them”). AND... (“And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire”). Here a SUPPOSED fiery place ,(HELL), was also thrown into the LOF. How can fire destroy a “fiery place? The sea was a grave for many bodies, it was their hell HELL! Those dead in it, resurrected. The LOF is symbolic, it just again, means total destruction. There will soon be NO MORE... death, places in which the dead are held ,(hell), demons or ANY who didn't want to follow Jesus ,(Luke 9:23, John 17:16 ,1John 2:15,16). and didn't want to learn of his Father and do his WILL ,(John 17:3 ,Matt. 7:21 , John 6:44 and John 17:6-8). peace.