Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-08-2016, 04:01 AM
Seeker

Opalite

In July I purchased tumbled opalite because I was drawn to it. Kind of magnetically. The crystal book at the store only had the metaphysical properties of standard opal. So it was only until I got home and researched, I found out its linked to angelic energies and and the third eye chakra. To clarify, I do not subscribe to any religion. But I do believe in angels. This post is not about angels but I found it to be interesting that this crystal I was drawn to was associated to that. Thats all.

The way I can describe my opalite is... its so dreamy. The word is so fitting that I literally occasionally put it in my pillow sleeve (or under my pillow if I'm confident it won't roll out) when I sleep.

My *messages* always come through dreams. But opalite has seemed to give me very meaningful, vivid dreams. Every time I have it under/in my pillow whilst sleeping/napping. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this aspect of opalite.

Also, what are your opinions of opalite? Your experiences in general?
Old 20-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Knower

Opalite is a man-made glass. That doesn't mean it's useless, but I've never felt a strong connection to it. Then again, I've never felt a strong connection to Amethyst, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. ;)
Old 21-08-2016, 08:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Bertrandite is sometimes called Opalite. It's a form of slilicate/beryllium, colorless to pale whitish, yellowish. If it's full of many different colors and patterns, it's called Tiffany stone - opal/fluorite, also trade name, but for different variations of natural minerals.
Usually, Opalite is a trade name for synthetic material and various mineral simulants.
Opalite also can be impure common opal, all colors could be found, from water clear to black.
Some people claim even man-made synthetic Opalite is very good for meditation, and could be programmed for a specific purpose.
So, there's a big mess in terminology :)
I love Tiffany stone, some pieces look great and could not be described if you don't have it in your hands. Tiffany stone has strong metaphysical energy, usually associated with the crown chakra.
If would helpful to be more specific about it's appearance.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coelacanth
Opalite is a man-made glass. That doesn't mean it's useless, but I've never felt a strong connection to it. Then again, I've never felt a strong connection to Amethyst, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. ;)

I did read this but I'm not turned off by that. The only crystals I have been drawn/connected to are opalite, selenite and blue kyanite. And I've been collecting MANY crystals since 2010. So I suppose connecting to these aren't as easy for everyone.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol
Bertrandite is sometimes called Opalite. It's a form of slilicate/beryllium, colorless to pale whitish, yellowish. If it's full of many different colors and patterns, it's called Tiffany stone - opal/fluorite, also trade name, but for different variations of natural minerals.
Usually, Opalite is a trade name for synthetic material and various mineral simulants.
Opalite also can be impure common opal, all colors could be found, from water clear to black.
Some people claim even man-made synthetic Opalite is very good for meditation, and could be programmed for a specific purpose.
So, there's a big mess in terminology :)
I love Tiffany stone, some pieces look great and could not be described if you don't have it in your hands. Tiffany stone has strong metaphysical energy, usually associated with the crown chakra.
If would helpful to be more specific about it's appearance.

Thank you for the extra info! My opalite resembles an ice-cube. Its iridescent with strong pale blue and occasionally pale lavender/greens. Its translucent and similar to a shard of blue kyanite that I have. The crown chakra aspect makes so much sense as I've been receiving info with it!

Its exactly like these: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d5588bcee7.jpg (just not as blue as the ones in the bunch).
Old 22-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Experiencer

I am so happy that someone got some response from Opalite. I don't know..I seem to have an inbuilt prejudice or even aversion to man made crystals having never quiet gotten anything in the way of vibration from them.
Old 22-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Seeker
I am so happy that someone got some response from Opalite. I don't know..I seem to have an inbuilt prejudice or even aversion to man made crystals having never quiet gotten anything in the way of vibration from them.

Thank you :) I totally understand that aversion from anyones perspective. Obviously earth made elements like crystals seem more beneficial and pure. But maybe I'm an example where once in awhile, man made ones can be alright. I think because of the opal aspects (literally just my opinion) that might be why I'm having success. Yet, I don't own any opal. I should change that and see what happens.
Old 23-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Experiencer

Opalite to me (manmade) is for the most part a shallow / pretty stone. I don't get much from it, other than I think it's pretty. I feel similarly towards goldstone though. I do have a crystal that was sold as "Green Opalite", which is a natural green-coloured raw piece and the energy from that is so nice. I keep it in my treatment room.
Old 23-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Seeker
It's a man made Opalite. I know that some people have great success with this Crystal, it's very energetic and good for meditation and helpful in all sorts of things. Anyway, it's a really beautiful object :)
Old 24-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Master

I have had only one man made crystal and what i find interesting is I could get no real feeling from it at all unlike all my other crystals. At the time I wasnt aware it was man made so wondered what was wrong with it, I only realised this years later.