Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
beatnikbean

I want to connect...am I not ready?

Hi everyone,

This is only my 2nd post. :) For the last 6 months or so I have been mediatating and spending as much time as I can talking outloud to my spirit guide/guides. Although I feel connected to something, I haven't had a true straightforward connection with my guide. I just keep talking like they are my “people”. I have a pendulum and honestly it doesn’t work that well for me. It moves but the answers are unreliable. I thought maybe that would help me get in touch with myself and be able to connect at a higher level.

I had an epiphany earlier this year that I have some type of psychic gift. I was raised in a very restrictive religion so my spiritual growth has been compacted into the last 2 years of my life when I finally left my religion and became spiritual. I realized some of my life experiences were special when I just assumed all people had them. I have been searching for guidance like crazy and have had some amazing psychic readings. All of the readers told me that I am “one of them” but none could see specifically what I should focus on. The latest person said she sensed telepathy and that I have members of the Galactic Federation of Light around me. I had never even heard of that before.

So….. I know I have a guide and I feel like I’m trying the best I know how to connect and work towards answers and learning but I haven’t felt the connection coming back at me. Do any of you have advice as to how to fully open that connection? I feel like a newborn baby learning the ropes of life and I’m 34 years old.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Tammy

Good things come to those who wait!!!................I love that saying!

I might be because you are not ready, as you say. It is difficult to say! i waited a whole year for mine, and even still they are an elusive bunch!

Maybe you arent paying close enough attention........(i wouldnt get my hopes up, on a "in your face" sign...although many things are possible.
It could also be that you are not asking the right questions.

There are so many factors, just be patient (lol......i dislike that word!) but it is true.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:54 PM
angelwhispers

i agree with tammy be patient and don't try so hard. when you meditate set the intention to meet your guide and then let it go. do you get visions when you meditate? ask your guide to tell you their name or ask to see them. maybe you have a set idea of how it should be and therefore are blocking the small signs.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Master
I echo the previous replies. It took me a little over 2 years to finally meet my main guide... and then almost a year after that to meet a few other "minor" ones. But see, I stopped expecting certain signs to come through. Before that, I was desperate to meet a guide.. I'd be trying too hard, I'd be looking for specific signs... or I just wouldn't be observant enough. The moment I stopped all that, doors started opening.

I think the best way to go is to be passive. State your intent to meet a guide, but don't get all hooked up in the idea. Ask them to come into dreams, to meditate with you... even to just sit with you.

The idea of being "ready" gets me thinking every time. It makes sense to me, but on the other hand, I feel if we're aware of these guides, we should be able to meet them in that same span of time. The only reason why I believe some people aren't "ready" is because I recently did a spirit guide portrait reading for a fellow young person (15 years old).. and I felt "blocked" - as though his guides were telling me "not yet."
It leads me to the theory that guides want us to "test the waters" before achieving contact. There can be things people don't want to hear or see in the spiritual realm... so maybe they want us to make sure this is what we want. If that makes sense.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatnikbean

I had an epiphany earlier this year that I have some type of psychic gift. I was raised in a very restrictive religion so my spiritual growth has been compacted into the last 2 years of my life when I finally left my religion and became spiritual. I realized some of my life experiences were special when I just assumed all people had them. I have been searching for guidance like crazy and have had some amazing psychic readings. All of the readers told me that I am “one of them” but none could see specifically what I should focus on. The latest person said she sensed telepathy and that I have members of the Galactic Federation of Light around me. I had never even heard of that before.

So….. I know I have a guide and I feel like I’m trying the best I know how to connect and work towards answers and learning but I haven’t felt the connection coming back at me. Do any of you have advice as to how to fully open that connection? I feel like a newborn baby learning the ropes of life and I’m 34 years old.

Hi,

I focus on helping others with telepathy. The web site in my signature may be of interest to you.

I have done one on one telepathy with over 100 people. I should be able to assist you with this effort as well. Send me a PM if your are interested in this.

There really is a lot to absorb. Be kind and patient with yourself and all will flow easily for you.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/