Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 11-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Aquarian

Divination explained

Divination is just the Law of Attraction/manifestion.

Just as your emotional/vibrational state brings the future to you, Tarot cards simply reflect your fears and expectations.

You therefore don't need to know any system. You don't even need to know what the cards mean.

As long as you rules for interpretation that you expect to work when picking the cards, these rules will mirror your fears and whatever you expect the cards to show.

So you can simply ask a question, pick a card with the expectation that via your interpretations will answer it and it will. And frequently it will show any fears you had at the time of picking.

For this reason, having others pick your cards rarely works.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Deactivated Account

In re reading your post, my questions made no sense .....
may I ask which card decks you use ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 11-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Aquarian

Because you expect an answer to your question.

I'm not saying you get the answer you expect. I'm saying if you expect your question to be answered it will be (in some way).
Old 11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Deactivated Account

good answer to my question

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Master
so in a sense divination is calling upon the magical wisdom that we each possess deep within us?

"magical wisdom" could be substituted with something else lol
Old 26-07-2011, 07:47 AM
FaeNathara

I think our point of views are similar with different conclusions. I believe divination tools allow our subconscious minds to talk to our conscious minds. As a result, one has to stay objective about a situation to read it properly.

But I also find that reading for others is quite effective, whereas reading for myself has to be done just right or I only get the answer I expect.
Old 26-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeNathara
I believe divination tools allow our subconscious minds to talk to our conscious minds.
I've done Tarot card readings using a foreign deck I had no idea about and used a friend to translate the book providing meanings. It works perfectly.

So did my subconscious know what was:
a) Printed on the other side of the cards when I picked them?
b) Written in the book for each card even though it was in a language alien to me?

I've never tried it but I'm sure reading tea-leaves works if you do it with due ceremony and focus throughout. Predicting how pouring/drinking/swirling will produce the desired pattern would be beyond any supercomputer invented in my lifetime.
Old 26-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
so in a sense divination is calling upon the magical wisdom that we each possess deep within us?

"magical wisdom" could be substituted with something else lol

Like Intuition, for example
Old 26-07-2011, 04:30 PM
FaeNathara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
So did my subconscious know what was:
a) Printed on the other side of the cards when I picked them?
b) Written in the book for each card even though it was in a language alien to me?

It may be out there, but I'm going to go with 'yes' - I believe in a universal knowledge that we can all tap into.

Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly, because I think maybe I'm not.

I THINK what you're saying is that card interpretations are so vague that you can find meaning in any card that you draw and that you'll automatically interpret them in a way as to reflect your expectations. Do I have that right?
Old 29-07-2011, 04:29 AM
CelestialRain

Exactly. Basic principles of divination rely on ancient psychological basic facts. This is why images are so important--the "reader" must interpret themselves, NOT from a book. One card will mean differently to other people. However, I believe that it is also fate and destiny that chooses the cards and items for us, so, for me, it would be a "combination" of reality and spirituality.