Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Knower

I guess the question to be asked, or at least one of them, is if we remove our memories, our maturity/intellect & our emotions then what is left?
Old 21-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by In vita mea
I guess the question to be asked, or at least one of them, is if we remove our memories, our maturity/intellect & our emotions then what is left?

Who suggest you loose you memories? Emotion is an other subject.
You have access to all information of all lives you had. You have access to all knowledge this level allows you to have, without the emotional restrictions and hang ups of this reality.
Old 22-05-2015, 12:47 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Who suggest you loose you memories? Emotion is an other subject.
You have access to all information of all lives you had. You have access to all knowledge this level allows you to have, without the emotional restrictions and hang ups of this reality.

I asked the question to try to understand this aspect as a part of reincarnation. From my perspective, if you lose identity, intellect/experience and emotion then it may as well not be you. I'm not sure what else we really have going for us which makes me 'me' and you 'you'.
Old 22-05-2015, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator
Yes there may be reasons to stay near to the Earth plane for a while. As there is free will, that is possible if needed for a true and deep reason. But the draw of the world beyond is quite strong, and many Souls will gravitate there naturally. Although they don't necessarily have to lose contact with their loved ones on Earth.

No we do not lose what we consider to be 'ourselves'. Not one bit. We are the same there in many ways as we are here but more distilled, and more concentrated in what we hold most dear. The deeper into the next levels we go, the less ego matters. There are some levels where ego is still quite strong, and finer levels where it matters less. It depends where we gravitate to.

We don't forget our life, but that also holds less attraction for us after a while. However if we really love someone still on Earth, the love never fades.

What I'm saying isn't guesswork. It's based on communications from a loved one.
Old 22-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Simenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaidaMidnight
Well as I understand it if we are reincarnated then we do not remember our previous life.... Although I believe there are some out there that say they do?
I think that is through a regression process?

My main concern/interest as I've already stated above, is if we die and remain in the spirit world (not reincarnated) would we I still be ME!

According to mediums, those that have died and are in spirit, live with passed loved ones/family and are still that person they were on earth.

I'm not convinced of reincarnation, obviously I have no proof whether it exists or not, the same as I have no evidence one way or the other of an afterlife.. But I have an open mind to all possibilities...

That's why I ask questions hoping that someone can explain what they believe, and more importantly why they believe it... Is it just pure faith?
I find other members beliefs and experiences very interesting and always worth thinking about .... All beliefs give me food for thought, I just haven't reached a verdict yet...
THERE MAY BE GOOD REASON FOR FORGETTING MUCH OF OUR PREVIOUS LIVES. Sometimes we are born into families with whom we have had a history of conflict. Sometimes the memories are too much for us. This is why regression therapy has to be handled with care.
Old 22-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Simenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by In vita mea
I asked the question to try to understand this aspect as a part of reincarnation. From my perspective, if you lose identity, intellect/experience and emotion then it may as well not be you. I'm not sure what else we really have going for us which makes me 'me' and you 'you'.

Emotions come from our human nature; feelings from deeper within us, even the soul. Happiness is transient and depends on external events; joy is a natural part of our soul and can co-exist with grief. So its a question of layers of our being. Reincarnation is the equivalent of taking our clothes off and putting on some other ones.
Old 22-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Newbie ;)

My Husband passed over last summer, after a five year battle with cancer. To my absolute amazement and delight I have found that he's still very much still with me just in a different form. But completely still him. I have gone from believing to Knowing.... And feeling very blessed.
Old 22-05-2015, 03:58 PM
KaidaMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
My Husband passed over last summer, after a five year battle with cancer. To my absolute amazement and delight I have found that he's still very much still with me just in a different form. But completely still him. I have gone from believing to Knowing.... And feeling very blessed.

I am very happy for you... That must be such a joy... It's posts like this that I find the most uplifting, that you have gone from believing to knowing.... How wonderful
Old 22-05-2015, 04:11 PM
KaidaMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simenon
THERE MAY BE GOOD REASON FOR FORGETTING MUCH OF OUR PREVIOUS LIVES. Sometimes we are born into families with whom we have had a history of conflict. Sometimes the memories are too much for us. This is why regression therapy has to be handled with care.

i agree, what you have said makes sense, why would you want to remember a life that was terrible? What effect could/would that have on your brain?

If reincarnation exists then I would expect NOT to remember a past life.
I wouldn't have a regression done either.... I would be wary of being hypnotised, like you say, it's not something to be taken lightly, who knows what can of worms you'd be opening.... The past should be left where it is... In the past..

I'm more concerned with my soul entering the spirit world upon my death and whether I will still be me ..
Old 23-05-2015, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong

That is so beautiful, El Kabong. Many blessings to you both
These things are exactly what I have found too. Reasons to feel incredibly blessed and very grateful.