Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Ascender

Is Hell Real?

Hello SF

For some reason, I've been getting curious and interested in the thought of hell. I'm interested in the fact that I keep wondering of its existence. And if it does indeed exist, I wonder are we really condemned to be there for all eternity? What happens once we are plunged into this pit of extremely low vibrational entities?

To fuel this curiousity, I've been doing some google searches for real experiences through NDE of what hell is like. Needless to say that just about everyone has said that it is eternal and judging by the criteria of sinners that are qualified to go to hell, about just about everyone will suffer hell.

But how can we reincarnate if we're there for all eternity paying for our sins?

So what do you think? Is hell real or not? I would appreciate it if someone who is a medium or has contacted a lost loved one about this matter.

:)
Old 13-05-2015, 01:24 AM
Master
I absolutely do not believe in a hell outside of the hell I can turn my life into through bad decision making and of that hell there seems to be an endless variety of it possible for each of us.

You said "How can we re-incarnate if we're there for eternity paying for our sins?"
There you go, don't believe in things that defy logic.
Old 13-05-2015, 01:36 AM
Master

We have discussed hell a few times , you can find old posts with a search . There is no hell in the Christain scence , one created by God as punishment . There are different hells created by thoes that beleve in hell and know they belong there , on the astral plane . Heaven , and other places from differnent belief systems .
Old 13-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Master

there is no hell. there is no re-incarnation. there is incarnation. a whole different story.

kk
Old 13-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Ascender
Hell seems to exist on earth.
Old 13-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howla Dark
Hell seems to exist on earth.

And there are those who believe Earth is hell itself.
Old 13-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Newbie ;)

heaven and hell are man made ideas
Old 13-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblue
heaven and hell are man made ideas

I personally think heaven exists as we need a 'sanctuary' to return too once we find peace in our deaths. But hell is a bit sketchy. Most people use the evidence of the bible to support the existence of hell and some of these people have had the chance to have visions of being sent to hell.
Old 13-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Burntfruit

The spirit world is our natural home. Life on earth is temporary and just an opportunity for us to learn, enjoy ourselves while we are not in the presence of divine beings. Who knows what humans can achieve if they progress well. But yeah the spirit world is our natural home when we are spirit. And in essence that is what we are.
Old 13-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Deactivated Account
I would encourage you to think in terms of 'hellish' states of consciousness and there being 'regions' of the spiritual dimension(s) where individuals will collectively create these environments due to the state or condition of their soul... No one is 'stuck' anywhere... And you don't get sent anywhere due to failing to claim certain beliefs or adherence to any particular religion.

The commonly accepted concept of 'hell' has been utilized as a scarecrow and for purposes of psychological maniplation...

Classic scholars know that the heathen hell was early copied by the Catholic church, and that almost its entire details afterwards entered into the creeds of Catholic and Protestant churches up to a century ago. Any reader may see this who will consult Pagan literature and writers on the opinions of the ancients. And not only this, but the heathen writers declare that the doctrine was invented to awe and control the multitude. Polybius writes: "Since the multitude is ever fickle there is no other way to keep them in order but by fear of the invisible world; on which account our ancestors seem to me to have acted judiciously, when they contrived to bring into the popular belief these notions of the gods and of the infernal regions." Seneca says: "Those things which make the infernal regions terrible, the darkness, the prison, the river of flaming fire, the judgment seat, etc., are all a fable." Livy declares that Numa invented the doctrine, "a most efficacious means of governing an ignorant and barbarous populace." Strabo writes: "The multitude are restrained from vice by the punishments the gods are said to inflict upon offenders, for it is impossible to govern the crowd of women and all the common rabble by philosophical reasoning: these things the legislators used as scarecrows to terrify the childish multitude." ~ J.W. Hanson