Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Ascender

Question on the NDE's; are they just remote viewing??

This is what I'm curious on, even though my sister has had one and my bereavement counsellor too.

Assuming the experiences are real and I don't doubt that they are in most cases, is it still that the experience has to be generated by a living brain though? Yes, people can leave the body but is there still some sort of connection to the living brain? I think Im suggesting what they call remote viewing. If the brain dies, then the experience dies too?? I do believe it's possible that the consciousness can leave the body but if it's still being projected from the body then it could be extingusihed at death never the less. I would dearly love consciousness to be proved as able to exist separately from the body but the NDE may still require a living brain.
Old 30-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Experiencer

Hi Metal68

I would check out Dr Bruce Greyson on youtube regarding that, 'is consciousness produced by the brain' is just one of the many talks he and a few others have been bringing to light for a while now, check him out.
Old 30-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Seeker

I have read so many NDE stories, and although I believe the people did have these wonderful experiences, I still don't think we can know for sure what really is going on.

One thing I wonder about is that fact that little kids who have an NDE will not only see relatives who have died in their NDE, but also people who are still alive. If it is the afterlife you are really getting a glimpse of, how can you meet people who are still alive in the afterlife?
Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
This is a very interesting article about an NDE during technical 'brain death':

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence01.html

There are a number of others also...
Old 01-05-2015, 01:20 AM
Ascender

Ive wondered that about seeing live relatives; I think I might post that as a thread
Old 01-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomsmom
I have read so many NDE stories, and although I believe the people did have these wonderful experiences, I still don't think we can know for sure what really is going on.

One thing I wonder about is that fact that little kids who have an NDE will not only see relatives who have died in their NDE, but also people who are still alive. If it is the afterlife you are really getting a glimpse of, how can you meet people who are still alive in the afterlife?

Perhaps because when we incarnate we only come with part of our energy. The other part is still on the other side. The percentage depends on what our life work is.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Ascender

Its all still so much supposition.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Perhaps because when we incarnate we only come with part of our energy. The other part is still on the other side. The percentage depends on what our life work is.
I guess one can look at it that way. It is something we have no idea about so all we can do is guess.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Its all still so much supposition.
This is very true. There are so many wonderful NDE stories out there and the people who experience them will tell you how real it was and to them it was not a dream or hallucination. They see a light, they feel a warm presence, they see and talk to loved ones that have died. Sometimes they meet loved ones that died before they were even born. They get told things that later come true. How wonderful, right? I believe that it is very possible that what they experience is real, and we do get a glimpse of the other side.

The one thing that makes me skeptical though is that fact about seeing loved ones who are alive. Then the other thing is that some of the NDE stories really do sound more like dreams or hallucinations.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Ascender

There's that famous story about the training shoe on the hospital ledge but there's a big difference of opinion on both sides over the veracity of the account. I do believe consciousness can be separated from the brain, hence the looking down on the body but then how can you see when the eyes are in the head?? Also is that consciousness although separate still requiring the brain to transmit it? So when the brain shuts down the consciousness shuts down. I desperately want to believe in survival but I do wonder if it's just a comfort blanket that some people get. Obviously if you got shot in the head, you would never receive that positive experience