Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-05-2017, 11:59 PM
Guide
Snow/static vision

Does anybody have this? Its like background 'noise' that you would see when using a camera in a dark room. I always thought it was normal. But appearbtly it's so rare there are hardly any studies on it. Maybe it is normal but some ppl have it far worse that would actually seek a cure? I assume its more of a spiritual thing...
Old 06-05-2017, 12:39 AM
Experiencer

I'm a little uncertain because of the brief description, so I'm going to cover a few possibilities.. maybe one will fit your experiences.

If you're seeing sections of static within your visual field, such as the old TVs when there was no reception, then it could be vision migraines: http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...r-migraine.htm.
To be honest, the animation in this site doesn't do any justice to how vision migraines are perceived. Here's a (somewhat) better video of the effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFIcF9lyk8

If you're seeing persistent low level 'static' across your vision that becomes more apparent in the dark, this is pretty normal. Most people see the world this way, but their brains block out the noise, or adjust the image so it looks smoother. There's also a chance that you've got dust on your eyeballs, which results in 'floaters'. Also, under the right circumstances, you can see the blood cells flowing through your eyes resulting in a 'static like' effect.

If you're seeing swirling colours, particularly in the dark, then its most likely cellular fatigue (http://www.worqx.com/color/after_image.htm) or phosphenes (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cheryl...b_7597438.html) depending on the circumstances. With cellular fatigue, some people's eyes (specifically the rods and cones, but also neurons/synapses to some extent) recover slowly, resulting in the effect lasting much longer.

There's also a chance that low level sound (infrasound) is responsible. There are a growing number of studies that suggest nearby construction, house expansion/contraction (due to temperature changes), tectonic plate shifts, and similar result in a specific sound frequency that causes visual disturbances in the eyes; including visual hallucinations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound Scroll down to the 'Human Reactions' section. A good number of haunted houses are only 'haunted' because the old house moves in a way to produce these frequencies.

I've also seen some rare cases of people being able to perceive different light wavelengths. One guy I heard of could see ultraviolet light, and another could see air movement... not sure of how accurate these claims are, but they are worth a mention.

In a spiritual sense, you may be seeing the auras (or maybe astral body) of objects.. however I do have some reservations about this. Normally, I'd expect anyone who could see auras clearly to be more aware of it. Sadly, a lot of youtube videos provide advice on 'how to see auras' in a way that makes use of cellular fatigue to produce an effect; resulting in people seeing an 'after image' of their hand rather than their aura.

Otherwise, I'm unaware of any spiritual reason for a general / overall static like effect.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:35 AM
Guide

Google visual snow if you haven't already...

I started to get it after a stint of regular meditation. It is particularly intense when I wake from a spiritual and/or vivid dream and was in the past accompanied by other phenomena. The jury is out, but for me it definitely seems to be a spiritual experience.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
Google visual snow if you haven't already...

I started to get it after a stint of regular meditation. It is particularly intense when I wake from a spiritual and/or vivid dream and was in the past accompanied by other phenomena. The jury is out, but for me it definitely seems to be a spiritual experience.

i like the visual snow. I also liked the hexagonal tunnels I would get sometimes lol!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i like the visual snow. I also liked the hexagonal tunnels I would get sometimes lol!

Yes I used to see geometric shapes a lot too, they are fascinating and really pretty!
Old 07-05-2017, 02:22 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
I'm a little uncertain because of the brief description, so I'm going to cover a few possibilities.. maybe one will fit your experiences.

If you're seeing sections of static within your visual field, such as the old TVs when there was no reception, then it could be vision migraines: http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...r-migraine.htm.
To be honest, the animation in this site doesn't do any justice to how vision migraines are perceived. Here's a (somewhat) better video of the effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFIcF9lyk8

If you're seeing persistent low level 'static' across your vision that becomes more apparent in the dark, this is pretty normal. Most people see the world this way, but their brains block out the noise, or adjust the image so it looks smoother. There's also a chance that you've got dust on your eyeballs, which results in 'floaters'. Also, under the right circumstances, you can see the blood cells flowing through your eyes resulting in a 'static like' effect.

If you're seeing swirling colours, particularly in the dark, then its most likely cellular fatigue (http://www.worqx.com/color/after_image.htm) or phosphenes (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cheryl...b_7597438.html) depending on the circumstances. With cellular fatigue, some people's eyes (specifically the rods and cones, but also neurons/synapses to some extent) recover slowly, resulting in the effect lasting much longer.

There's also a chance that low level sound (infrasound) is responsible. There are a growing number of studies that suggest nearby construction, house expansion/contraction (due to temperature changes), tectonic plate shifts, and similar result in a specific sound frequency that causes visual disturbances in the eyes; including visual hallucinations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound Scroll down to the 'Human Reactions' section. A good number of haunted houses are only 'haunted' because the old house moves in a way to produce these frequencies.

I've also seen some rare cases of people being able to perceive different light wavelengths. One guy I heard of could see ultraviolet light, and another could see air movement... not sure of how accurate these claims are, but they are worth a mention.

In a spiritual sense, you may be seeing the auras (or maybe astral body) of objects.. however I do have some reservations about this. Normally, I'd expect anyone who could see auras clearly to be more aware of it. Sadly, a lot of youtube videos provide advice on 'how to see auras' in a way that makes use of cellular fatigue to produce an effect; resulting in people seeing an 'after image' of their hand rather than their aura.

Otherwise, I'm unaware of any spiritual reason for a general / overall static like effect.

Ok good to know its normal from your second paragraph. When i mentioned it to a couple ppl they seemed to see it for the first time. But Visual Snow looks very similar so i wonder if anyone has the symptoms and thinks they have a disease, because i couldnt help but notice fundraisers where ppl with visual snow have been given millions in donations.

I guess its more of an awareness thing
Old 12-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Master
I've heard of a disorder called HPPD, Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD) is a disorder characterized by a continual presence of sensory disturbances, most commonly visual, that are reminiscent of those generated by the use of hallucinogenic substances.

It's typically activated by psychedelic use, or exacerbated by it, but it occurs in people who have never taken psychedelics.