Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-08-2018, 11:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
A clue about what I am saying is that Humanity is apparently under the effects of the Tree Of Knowledge. It is when our 'knowledge' steps aside that God can enter. I am amazed at how knowledgeable people are. Everyone 'knows' that what they understand is truth. People are determined that they are 'right'.

This certainty or conviction which is based upon consciousness needs to shift over or crumble. Then we are open to God.

not too shabby lol! Actually quite respectable.

I don't know how into studying you are. But I will throw this out there partly for you and partly for any onlookers...

name of the tree isn't 'tree of knowledge'. name of the tree is 'tree of knowledge of good and evil'. And it wasn't the EXISTANCE of the tree that was the problem - after all it was there in the center of the Garden and God found no fault with that. The true problem AS IT WAS DESCRIBED BY GOD was 'eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil'.

All this is VASTLY different than the words you said, even if you don't see the difference yourself.

nuance is everything...
Old 31-08-2018, 02:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
honza-a thought just struck me and I wanted to share it with you,,,,,,,,,maybe God is teaching you something here. Its obvious that you love Him-

To me God is great. I feel it undermines Him to call Him 'pure consciousness' because He is greater than that. I feel the Hindu influence upon the West is undermining our respect and love of God and is turning it into nothing more than self love.

I feel the West is being corrupted by the East. Yet not all Eastern influences are bad. But to say God is just ones own consciousness is doing Him a great disservice.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-08-2018, 06:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes possibly. But to me it is obvious that you are not a believer in God in the Abrahamic sense of the word. Hence it puzzles me why you hang around the Christian section trying to disprove what all the Christians believe.

You totally agree with the Hindu definition of reality - so why argue with the Christians?

Disagreeing is not arguing, God doesn't have a Religion and I found God inside not outside. To be Christian is to follow the teachings of Jesus, not a religion,and if you step outside of ' The Box ' you will find that your more open to connecting rather than being buffered along by mere words which come from outside influences.

Everything comes from within.

' In the beginning was that God who knows no beginning or end. That God which is not 'nothing' but is also no 'thing' and no 'being’, for it is the source of ALL beings. This God is not a being 'with' awareness. This God IS awareness as such - infinite and unbounded '
Pure awareness.

Btw, you didn't answer my question, what is beyond consciousness ?
Old 31-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Master
Quote:

I feel the West is being corrupted by the East. Yet not all Eastern influences are bad. But to say God is just ones own consciousness is doing Him a great disservice.

https://factsaboutreligion.files.wor...-and-jesus.png

https://buddha-christ.info/similarities.html

Corruption, not at all only to those who have closed minds. I could post hundreds of similar teachings from different Religions to show that East is not corrupting the West but I have a feeling you wouldn't be interested in reading them.

Btw don't forget Buddha came before Jesus...

You have to understand the difference of Cultures and time lapses between the ' Great Masters ' but if you study other belief systems they all point to the same.

You will know them by their fruits..... not what language they use.
Old 31-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Btw, you didn't answer my question, what is beyond consciousness ?

I thought I did answer it. I mentioned God and Love. But also Conscience, Pride, Being, Innocence, Grace etc.

I'm no expert in the field of God. I go by my experience. A simple question like "what is beyond consciousness" can not be answered easily.

Old 31-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Master
Another thing that can be considered greater than pure consciousness is a whole person. From tip to toe. The Bible doesn't question that, but Eastern spirituality does.

Old 31-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Master
Reality is greater than the sum of it's parts. And consciousness is just a part of the whole sum.

Old 31-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Another thing that can be considered greater than pure consciousness is a whole person. From tip to toe. The Bible doesn't question that, but Eastern spirituality does.

What is Pure Consciousness?
Old 01-09-2018, 05:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is Pure Consciousness?

Perhaps you should answer that - you keep talking about it.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps you should answer that - you keep talking about it.

I have never mentioned Pure Consciousness Honza, you did, that's why I asked.

Another thing that can be considered greater than pure consciousness is a whole person. From tip to toe.