Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 07-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
Ideally the chanting should be for two hours per day, preferably in the early morning. We usually chant on a loop of 108 beads. Sastra describes that because God is absolute there is no difference between the Person God and the Name of God. Just like if you are thirsty you can’t just say water, water and your thirst is quenched but God is not relative to time and space and is therefore present. My experience of chanting is that initially there was a lot of mercy in the form of mystic experiences in order to give me faith and then later it is done more out of duty with the occasional taste of bliss. It is especially blissful when chanted out loud in form of music called kirtana. Chanting of Gods names is recommending in all scriptures.

Two hours a day is more than I can afford to explore the phenomena with. Form my experience with meditating for that length of time (non-chanting) and chanting AUM for shorter lengths of time, there is definitely a psychological effect where you are lifted out of your normal psychology. Just as when a weight is lifted after you've been carrying it, there is a euphoric effect when you've left your normal heavy psychology.

How do you know that your mystical experience and bliss are not a result of simple psychology? That would also explain the weakening effect as time wears on, no more contrast between the old psychology and the new psychology that you're building up for yourself. Too much of anything and it becomes bland to taste.

Quote:
Just because there is one fake coin doesn’t mean that all coins are fake. If you are following a True Guru then all your actions are according to God’s Will and therefore good.

I am following a True Guru.

Quote:
The Gita is spoken on a battlefield. It is about the battle between good and evil. Atheistic perspectives must be crushed. The atheistic have already turned away from God and I am simply making an example of them for the innocent.

You truly do not understand psychology and how Ego's work, do you? All you do by attacking the atheistic perspective is reinforce it. When someone perceives an assault on their beliefs their first impulse is to defend the belief and feel justified in having it because someone else found it worth assaulting. If you want to truly erode atheism then you best chance is to be a witness for Love and kindness. When you tend a man's heart, then he will ask you to tend his mind. When you attack the mind, the walls harden around the heart. Your actions do more to create atheists than to convert them. When an innocent comes to see how you interact with others and sees you being arrogant and self-possessed, do you truly believe that innocent will be attracted to you?

Quote:
God and his representative are always coming to this world out of their compassion for us. In the Gita Krishna is driving Arjuna chariot, because God likes to serve his devotees. Our relationship with God is an ever-increasing exchange of Love. Krishna is most everything, including the most humble.

If you are trying to demonstrate the character of Krishna, and Krishna's character is most humble, then you are not succeeding at your task.

Quote:
If you accept the principle of Divination then it is by definition Divine and not simply a product of your mind.

My experience with divination is that all sorts of discordant energies can enter into the divining and pollute the message. One usually has to go through a litany of clearing exercises to clear oneself and the source of the information and ask that it be of the highest purpose and highest truth. Even then, what is given is information that should not be believed blindly but weighed, doubted and tested for its veracity. That is how I have come to understand divination.

Quote:
My Guru often chastises my through the I-Ching and I feel that I am communicating with a real-live Guru. The fact the He is unembodied means there is no way that He can be materially benefited by my service.

Are you kidding me? Do you know nothing of psychic and energetic parasites? Non-physical entities which siphon off spiritual energy? The greatest vice of any entity that puts itself forward as a guru is to take energetic advantage of their devoted followers. You don't have to have a corporeal body to benefit from non-corporeal energy. Devotion and worship is one of those conduits that channels energy from the devotee to the object of devotion.

Quote:
God desires us to worship Him for our own benefit, not for his. Loving God is the only way that we can be truly happy.

Maybe its the only way you can be happy. You have no authority to speak for anyone else. In the conversation I had with God, he doesn't care if I worship him and he doesn't care if I witness for him. In fact he'd rather I not speak of him because using the term casts too much illusion in people's mind. What he does want me to do is stand for Truth, and to help each person move forward upon their own path (not upon my path).

Quote:
Athato brahma jijnasa, now that you are in the human form of life you should enquire about the Absolute Truth. This is intelligence!!

My path to Truth and The Absolute is through retreating from untruth.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Topology

Quote:
It would be nice to believe this but unfortunately there is a principle of thermo dynamics called entropy. It means matter naturally becomes disorganized. It naturally degrades from a more organized state to a less organised state.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! Entropy is NOT about moving from organization to disorganization. Entropy is the movement from high energy to low energy states with a net increase in heat (unusable energy). (And what has been considered unusable in the past is turning out to be more usable than we thought through the use of heat gradients and one-way ratchets.) The movement from low entropy to high entropy often entails the spontaneous organization and reorganization of matter. Take a carbon atom and two oxygen atoms. The atoms will release potential energy stored in the two bonds between oxygen atoms to develop four bonds between the oxygen and the carbon, forming carbon dioxide. What was two separate entities became a more organized singular entity. This is a spontaneous increase in organization. Pull out a chemistry book and study the chemical reactions that create larger and larger molecules. This increase in organization is a direct result of entropy, the release of potential energy in exothermic reactions.

Quote:
Yes, what convenient THEORIES. Perhaps you could give some examples of something complex that actually self-organized or originated in chaos. Besides your beliefs that is. I don’t see CPU's coming from explosions at Intel. In fact if I were to hold such belief people would consider me a fool and yet so many people believe that something as complex as the brain or even the DNA came about by accident. Foolishness has no limits in this age.

Is it an accident if the laws of chemistry entail its creation? It takes some serious study of these subjects (many years) to even begin to say yeah or nay as to whether or not it is possible. And from what you demonstrate you have not studied Biology, Physics and Chemistry to any serious extent.

Last edited by Topology : 07-07-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:40 AM
lotusflower

I recently picked up a copy of the I ching.Im waiting for it to come in the mail.Im looking forward also on gaining more knowledge on this.Good luck
Old 08-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE
You present yourself as rather angry, critical, and defensive individual, which seems to indicate a fair amount of insecurity about your own beliefs.
Again, because you have no counter argument you resort to insults. If you had any character your would admit defeat. You are definitely a good representative of your philosophy.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Two hours a day is more than I can afford to explore the phenomena with.
If you can’t afford 2 hours then why not start with half an hour. The more you chant the more you will want to chant.
Quote:
How do you know that your mystical experience and bliss are not a result of simple psychology
At the end of the day you to have put your faith in it. My faith is not simply based on experience but also on reason. As I have clearly demonstrated on a few hapless atheists :)
Quote:
I am following a True Guru
Who is your Guru?
Quote:
You truly do not understand psychology and how Ego's work, do you? All you do by attacking the atheistic perspective is reinforce it. When someone perceives an assault on their beliefs their first impulse is to defend the belief and feel justified in having it because someone else found it worth assaulting. If you want to truly erode atheism then you best chance is to be a witness for Love and kindness. When you tend a man's heart, then he will ask you to tend his mind. When you attack the mind, the walls harden around the heart. Your actions do more to create atheists than to convert them. When an innocent comes to see how you interact with others and sees you being arrogant and self-possessed, do you truly believe that innocent will be attracted to you?
The hearts of the atheistic are not worth tending. I do not act out of a desire for honour but as a servant of Krishna. Any intelligent person (a rare species in this age) who reviews my arguments will conclude that they are superior. I am simply speaking from my heart and I have no desire or realization to act in any other way.
Quote:
If you are trying to demonstrate the character of Krishna, and Krishna's character is most humble, then you are not succeeding at your task.
Try not to be envious of Krishna. The word Krishna means the all-attractive because he is the ultimately lovable person. We can only love the people of this world limitedly, if at all, because they are ultimately nor that loveable. Krishna has whatever qualities you find loveable in others to an infinite extent.
Quote:
Are you kidding me? Do you know nothing of psychic and energetic parasites? Non-physical entities which siphon off spiritual energy? The greatest vice of any entity that puts itself forward as a guru is to take energetic advantage of their devoted followers. You don't have to have a corporeal body to benefit from non-corporeal energy. Devotion and worship is one of those conduits that channels energy from the devotee to the object of devotion.
Well I have lots of energy. I was chronically ill for 8 years I cured myself with the I-Ching and Ayurveda. Whenever I stray from the Path the I-Ching tells me. I feel very protected by the I-Ching. There are negative subtle entities but the fact that the I-Ching is helping me to love and serve Krishna, so I know it is good. I been developing a relationship with the personality that I am connecting to with the I-Ching for over a decade now I know He is pure soul by experience.
Quote:
Maybe its the only way you can be happy. You have no authority to speak for anyone else.
I am not speaking on my own authority I speak on Krishna’s authority and I speak for all souls. The only way the soul will be happy is when it is established in its eternal loving relationship with the Supreme Soul, Krishna. This is the absolute Truth!
Quote:
Entropy is NOT about moving from organization to disorganization.
“These processes reduce the state of order of the initial systems, and therefore entropy is an expression of disorder or randomness.” - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy
Well perhaps you should argue with the authors of Wikipedia on this point maybe they need to raise their knowledge to your level.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflower
I recently picked up a copy of the I ching.Im waiting for it to come in the mail.Im looking forward also on gaining more knowledge on this.Good luck

Hi Lotus Flower,

That's great! I recommend the translation by Brian Browne Walker. God has given us this tool because he doesn't want us to stumble along in ignorance. Enlightenment is only considered difficult because of a lack Guidance, with the help of the I-Ching it is definitely possible. Why remains stuck in this world of repeated birth and death!! Please message me if you need any help.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Again, because you have no counter argument you resort to insults. If you had any character your would admit defeat. You are definitely a good representative of your philosophy.

I called that one didn't I:

Quote:
Any response from me is likely to fall on deaf ears, culminating in nothing but another derisive response, and that is fine.

I have not resorted to insults. These are observations made in the spirit of constructive criticism. That's why I said, " If you hope to attract others to this "path" of yours, your words are certainly proving to be counter-productive."

On the other hand, your critical remarks just appear to be derisive with little purpose other than intent to belittle (as Topology duly noted). And now you've made a statement that I have no character in addition to a derisively sarcastic statement about "my philosophy"? To call me insulting is a bit hypocritical wouldn't you say? You should really re-read your posts and evaluate the blatantly insulting nature of what you've written- both in tone and words used.

Quote:
I-Ching, when you belittle others and others' perspectives...

As far as my "counter-argument"...

As Topology noted:

Quote:
And from what you demonstrate you have not studied Biology, Physics and Chemistry to any serious extent

I would have to agree, so I'm afraid that my "counter-arguments" are not likely to be appreciated.

Of course, you will almost certainly interpret this as a lack of "counter argument" and likely toss a few more insults my way, maybe calling me "foolish" or "pathetic."

You used sarcasm to belittle me when you wrote, "You are definitely a good representative of your philosophy."

I would pose the question:

Are you a good representative of your "God"?

Just something to think about.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
As Topology noted
Perhaps you will have noted my reply
“These processes reduce the state of order of the initial systems, and therefore entropy is an expression of disorder or randomness.” - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy

I used the word pathetic in relation to the athiestic scientists and couldn't find the word foolish in my post. Atheism is foolish in my opinion and I have tried my best to prove that.

Quote:
Just something to think about
This conversation is not going anywhere.

"To athiests I come as all devouring death". - Bhagavad-Gita. There's something for you to think about.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:00 PM
LIFE

Quote:
"To athiests I come as all devouring death". - Bhagavad-Gita. There's something for you to think about.

On the "Personalist Buddhist" thread you stated:
Quote:
I don’t accept the authority of the “Diamond-Sutra”.

In the same way, I don't accept the authority of the Bhagavad-Gita.

In fact, I don't accept the authority of any book.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Atheism is foolish in my opinion and I have tried my best to prove that.

how can not believing in any deity become foolish?

on the other hand, belief in god is the mother of all superstitious beliefs. if you can watch with equanimity what's going on in your inner being, you will be able to see that this is the case, because you will be able to see the whole structure of your belief system and how it runs and controls (guide) your life. .