Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 09-07-2011, 08:04 AM
not human

games within games :)
Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Hi I have explored different modallities in the distant past that attempted to explore & clear the subconcious / reactive mind with the overall purpose of freedom from abhorent thoughts & patterns & a long term plan of liberation or what is termed clearing.
I read L. Ron Hubbards Dienetics in my early 20's before Scientology got such a bad rap & at the time it seemed like a noble quest to take steps to rehabilitate the subconcious in order to get closer to knowing who we are by getting rid of considerations & thoughts of who we weren't & to me that still rings true.
Recently on going through a rough patch I reached out & had a few sessions with a therapist that appeared to be operating on the same basis of trying to handle the reactive mind. Now please don't get me wrong the reasons I stuck with this kind of work initially is that there are benifits, in particular when you need to handle very basic patterns that are affecting your own survival, having explored other areas in the last few years like zen & meditation I have come to question the long term attributes of working to try to rehabilitate the subconcious mind at all.
The main sticking point I have is that the job at hand appears endless, the goal of reaching a point of being clear of abhoration is not achievable as not only would you have to clear your own subconcious but being hooked up to the grid of mass conciousness you would then have to clear that as well.
Also I have seen people get stuck & go a bit nutty when working in this area because of the very can of worms nature of it.
Please be aware that I am communicating this from my own experiences & you may feel that I am totally off target with my observations but I would be interested in getting some viewpoints on this as I haven't seen this subject broached. Thanks a lot.

I think it depends what the goal is. If the goal is to become a perfectly joyful, unconditionally loving, emotion-free human being....then forget about it! As you say, not only would you have to release your own stuff, but everyone else on the planet's too! If on the other hand someone has a particular repeated pattern of behaviour, for example, perhaps someone finds themselves repeatedly in an abusive situation (as either abusee or abuser), or is struggling with addiction, or is struggling with a health issue....then I would say it might be worth doing some work at a subconscious level. However, I think there are far quicker and cheaper ways these days than going to a counsellor for weeks and months on end which was the way I went with it about 12 years ago, and which probably did create as many issues as it solved for me. The technologies and modalities have improved greatly in the last few years. I agree that a regular meditation habit can work wonders, though putting that into practice is not easy for some mindsets.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Master
Just resolve any situation in the way that seems most practical...
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM
not human

thanks mate you really have to dumb it down for me :)
Old 09-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Topology

My primary path is clearing the psyche. From walking the path for the past 12 years, it's not a quick overnight process. I've spent months and years laboring under certain psychological distortions. (Absentee Father, Co-dependency in relationships, spiritual egoism, fear of being poor and a failure).

I will say that exposure to certain pieces of material have accelerated the path.

1. Richard Rose's Albigen System (and working with others on this).
2. Caroline Myss's Energy Anatomy and Sacred Contract Audio CDs. (I can't speak for the rest of her stuff, and I listen to the material intuitively not literally.)
3. Observing my desires, fears, and the motivations behind them. (looking at the archetypes in the stories I tell about myself).
4. Practicing Energy Work and Healing Modalities. (particularly the Pilgrimage Process).
5. Helping others when I can do it integrously.

Combining all this together, energy is not my native language, but psychological relationship is and Caroline Myss effectively points out that the structure of the psyche is what channels energy and strengthens or weakens energy centers in the body. I have always asked what healthy relationship would look like and what is causing me not to participate in healthy relationship.

Over time you can carve out an eye in the storm of your life.

You'll have to learn to stand in your power, learn to be the rock in the tumult of the sea.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 AM
not human

[quote=Topology]My primary path is clearing the psyche. From walking the path for the past 12 years, it's not a quick overnight process. I've spent months and years laboring under certain psychological distortions. (Absentee Father, Co-dependency in relationships, spiritual egoism, fear of being poor and a failure).

I will say that exposure to certain pieces of material have accelerated the path.

1. Richard Rose's Albigen System (and working with others on this).
2. Caroline Myss's Energy Anatomy and Sacred Contract Audio CDs. (I can't speak for the rest of her stuff, and I listen to the material intuitively not literally.)
3. Observing my desires, fears, and the motivations behind them. (looking at the archetypes in the stories I tell about myself).
4. Practicing Energy Work and Healing Modalities. (particularly the Pilgrimage Process).
5. Helping others when I can do it integrously.

Combining all this together, energy is not my native language, but psychological relationship is and Caroline Myss effectively points out that the structure of the psyche is what channels energy and strengthens or weakens energy centers in the body. I have always asked what healthy relationship would look like and what is causing me not to participate in healthy relationship.

Over time you can carve out an eye in the storm of your life.

You'll have to learn to stand in your power, learn to be the rock in the tumult of the sea.[/QUOTE

Thanks Topology. I have taken a different path in the last 6 years which has manifested more intensely in the last year. My sources have been different mainly zen influenced, however my motivations for reaching out sound similar to yours. I appreciate the links & will have a look at all of them. Thank you
Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Master
Okay...I'm going to use a scenario. Picture a drawer of say...socks...stuffed full...all the same colour. What do we do when we open that drawer? Do we dig way down the bottom, or just snatch a pair from the top? The same with subconscious...its just the bottom of the drawer which is still full of the same things, only the uppermost is being used regularly and the rest is shoved to the bottom.

All psych's do is dig to the bottom layer to raise issues that are still the same 'socks' on the top layer. Good paid job though. Although I reckon it'd send me psycho after a while LOL
Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Okay...I'm going to use a scenario. Picture a drawer of say...socks...stuffed full...all the same colour. What do we do when we open that drawer? Do we dig way down the bottom, or just snatch a pair from the top? The same with subconscious...its just the bottom of the drawer which is still full of the same things, only the uppermost is being used regularly and the rest is shoved to the bottom.

All psych's do is dig to the bottom layer to raise issues that are still the same 'socks' on the top layer. Good paid job though. Although I reckon it'd send me psycho after a while LOL

I like the analogy NS however maybe should have described it as dirty socks :)
Old 09-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Master
hehe...now dirty socks..that's a completely different scenario. Just kidding!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Master
Have you ever tried to master the idea of meditation, where you allow rising thoughts to flow through and not give them any attention? It can be accomplished with practice and discipline. What I found when I finally achieved that state, was to fall asleep. So I gave up meditation lol

Also think about this. Have you ever walked to a room or somewhere to do something you had in mind and when you get there, you're mind has totally forgotten what it was you came in there for?

I reckon, reaching the point you mentioned in your OP of bypassing all thoughts, would be much like a perpetual state of 'forgetting what you were about to do'.
Not my cup of tea! I'm here with the gift of identifying as a necessity to living.