Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 16-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Cherub T

Pregnancy Journey

Hi everyone, I'm coming to the end of my pregnancy and bump is due in around 8 weeks. I never realized what a journey it is. I've went through so many emotions and feel that there will be many more to come. I've also learned that some of the things that have been important to me for years have suddenly became not that important at all. What emotions did you experience and what lessons did you learn? x
Old 17-05-2011, 03:01 AM
Master
Hi I've never been pregnant nor do I intend to but boy am I fascinated by the whole thing and sometimes I just wish I could just carry someone's baby for them and then hand the baby over to them, not to sound cold but as a woman I'd love to feel what it's like to have life in me.
I can't wait to read what people have to say in this thread.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Cherub T

Yeah for me, I have a lot of patience with kids, but then I can usually hand them back. lol The pregnancy just happened. I was in shock at first, but then decided to go with it, somehow thinking that the soul had also chose to enter at that time. The morning sickness was horrendous and if I could've presses a STOP button i would've, after the 15 first weeks, I began to "bloom" as they say and I even felt more confident and happier than I've ever been.

Then you have the days where everything is emotional, I've cried in the car for 20 miles cause I ran over a pheasant. I tried my best to avoid it, but it was either the pheasant or we would've been dead. I felt so bad that I had taken a life and cried for 20 miles. My make-up was running down my top!!

The tiredness is getting to me just now, I feel guilty for napping and this is my next obstacle. It's fascinating from a biological sense and also spiritual sense. I just wonder what this little soul is here to do and learn also.
Old 17-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Master
best wishes on a safe and happy birth experience. pregnancy is an opportunity to deepen your spiritual connectedness. Just focus on the Divine, visualizing a healthy happy baby, and all will be perfect.

In case you are interested, get yourself to a La Leche League meeting now before baby is born to see breastfeeding and attachment parenting in action. It's all moms helping moms and they can help you prepare yourself for the birth as well as that all important first breastfeeding experience.
Old 17-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub T
Hi everyone, I'm coming to the end of my pregnancy and bump is due in around 8 weeks. I never realized what a journey it is. I've went through so many emotions and feel that there will be many more to come. I've also learned that some of the things that have been important to me for years have suddenly became not that important at all. What emotions did you experience and what lessons did you learn? x

Hi Cherub :)

What a beautiful time in your life. I have 2 children .. a son aged 28 yrs and a daughter 23 yrs. Wow what a journey it is ... overwhelming love, protection, joy and an ever so deep appreciation for life is what has been revealed in my experience ... love beyond words ... the emotions which are felt when i think about my children and how they have enriched my life is impossible to describe in words ... 'Its all too beautiful' as the song goes ... the light of love which childbirth brings is blinding in the most delightful and divine way ... I wrote a poem way back for a close friend after they gave birth to their first child ... I will share it here with you ... I wish you every blessing with the birth of your beautiful child

~Dreams Understood~

All does come to those that wait
Came a little spirit girl such beautiful fate
The meaning of love before your eyes
Both in her smiles and in her cries

You are so fortunate she has come into your world
To offer love and guidance as her spirit uncurls
She will learn from you and teach you too
Like patience and its worth and how to tie her shoes

The creation of family with every joy and sorrow
Experiencing life as is revealed through every new tomorrow
Trusted knowledge and pure intent
Child, Father, Mother nature’s gift was meant

Life does meander through space and time
The moon is bright and the stars do shine
Fostered creativity, potential of the self
Believe your little child when she tells you ...
'Shhhh ... I'm talking with an elf’

Rainbows of colour and sweet little dreams
May your child paint pictures of what she has seen
May she sing on her journey and follow her heart
May you child delight in her own special part

Birth of your child and the truth that she brings
Be ever grateful for the blessings she carries on her tiny wings

Love Kate xxx

Old 17-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Cherub T

Aw that is lovely and it's brought a tear. Thank you x
Old 17-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Master
Hi Cherub,
I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy. I have not been blessed yet in the conception department even though the doc says hub and i are fine..It has been a very sad time for us as the years go by, but we aren't giving up. Please cherish the gift you have been given. You are blessed May your baby be blessed with health, happiness, peace, and love always.

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 17-05-2011, 05:15 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Hi I've never been pregnant nor do I intend to but boy am I fascinated by the whole thing and sometimes I just wish I could just carry someone's baby for them and then hand the baby over to them, not to sound cold but as a woman I'd love to feel what it's like to have life in me.
I can't wait to read what people have to say in this thread.
Spiritlite.

The nausea, sciatica, heartburn, having to pee every 3 minutes, difficulty breathing and being out of breath easily, .. ARE you sure you want to experience pregnancy??

Sure the flutters and kicks were kinda neat, except when she wedged her elbow, foot (I'm not sure which) OVER my ribcage. That sure did hurt!!

Oh, I forgot one more thing I experienced while pregnant -- tail bone pain!! Excruciating! Made it VERY hard to get up out of any chair without painful spasms in the tail bone in the final month. I was glad she decided to come early!!!
Old 17-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Cherub T

Hi Uma, I was at an antenatal class today. I'm thinking that's the same. All about the birth journey, pain relief and breast feeding.

Sorry to hear about that Solace, one of my friends is going through something similar just now.

Hey Iolite, I'm having the breathing thing just now. It comes and goes, but it's sometimes scary and brings on a panic. Just baby pushing on lungs I suppose. Oh I long to sleep on my stomach again....
Old 24-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Cherub T

I now have a lovely little girl! The birth went well (although I've now developed an itchy rash on my stomach) and it was such an amazing experience seeing her for the first time. What an adventure.

Hormones are also a bit over the place too, but otherwise doing fine. x