Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 31-05-2018, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Large areas of sky which are devoid of stars and galaxies are dark because no light is emitted from matter (a change in electron energy is concurrent with photon emission or absorbtion) But that's 'no matter present' rather than the presence of dark matter. Dark matter is just matter imagined to be there to explain the inexplicable force of gravity exerted by galaxies. No one has 'found it' but they are looking...
That is fair enough.

My curiosity shifts to whether there is such a thing as "Unoccupied Space" then, because even in the Dirac Sea, superluminal photons exist because there is no interference from sub-atomic particles to slow them down...and so could it be, that "Dark Matter/Energy" is produced by photons travelling faster than the speed of light, so we can't perceive it as being light?
Old 31-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
That is fair enough.

My curiosity shifts to whether there is such a thing as "Unoccupied Space" then, because even in the Dirac Sea, superluminal photons exist because there is no interference from sub-atomic particles to slow them down...and so could it be, that "Dark Matter/Energy" is produced by photons travelling faster than the speed of light, so we can't perceive it as being light?

I wouldn't even know the possibilities of what dark matter might be, but the speed of light isn't really a speed because it's not relative to moving things. Indeed the speed of light is the same speed no matter how fast you are moving. Hence light speed a 'constant' rather that a speed per se, but we measure it as a speed which is always the same regardless of any relative motion.

Space is called vacuum, meaning as you say, no matter is present as such, but its a substrate of quantum fluctuations rather than 'nothing' in the usual sense of that word. Space has an energy density, called the cosmological constant, which explains why space itself is expanding at an accelerating rate. What we observe is the galaxies moving away from eachother at an accelerating rate, but the expansion is space itself expanding rather than galaxies moving apart through space.

I was going to explain how things can move faster than the speed of light relative to us on earth due to the expansion of space, but I got in a muddle and : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CS7j5I6aOc
Old 31-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I wouldn't even know the possibilities of what dark matter might be, but the speed of light isn't really a speed because it's not relative to moving things. Indeed the speed of light is the same speed no matter how fast you are moving. Hence light speed a 'constant' rather that a speed per se, but we measure it as a speed which is always the same regardless of any relative motion.

Space is called vacuum, meaning as you say, no matter is present as such, but its a substrate of quantum fluctuations rather than 'nothing' in the usual sense of that word. Space has an energy density, called the cosmological constant, which explains why space itself is expanding at an accelerating rate. What we observe is the galaxies moving away from eachother at an accelerating rate, but the expansion is space itself expanding rather than galaxies moving apart through space.

I was going to explain how things can move faster than the speed of light relative to us on earth due to the expansion of space, but I got in a muddle and : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CS7j5I6aOc
Thank you for that, Gem. I am reminded of the 'cosmic balloon experiment':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnENgtCdObo

I also had to go on wikipedia to familiarise myself with this whole topic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation

Down the bottom, I saw the link to the Casimir Effect (which I am very familiar with already ).

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...vacuum-energy/

I have always thought that if they used Carbon (Graphene) instead of Silicone, the results would be way better, as carbon is more stable and can arrange itself into iso-dodecahedrons...('buckyballs').

They also say that the universe is a dodecahedron...and I really want one of these things...I can see myself playing with it for hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1u_PnJXpVY

Why is it that I always start at "hard" and work my way back to "easy"? lol
Old 31-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Master
Be back later - formulating the eisenvalues of the Higgs Field...

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_field
Old 31-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Master
I just got side-tracked...

I've seen and read a lot of stuff written and spoken by Dan Winter before. I stumbled across him by accident in my Sacred Geometry ventures and became fascinated.

I was looking through the concepts of the dodecahedron universe, came across an amazing video...and who was the speaker referencing? none other than Dan Winter! talk about synchronicity.

Now about that 'Mexican Hat' thing...it generates its own Torus Field, producing scalar waves and I mean, Nik Tesla was onto it...but here is that video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu1GD_AifpM

Then there is the Higgs Field which leads to being the inflaton when coupled with gravity:
https://arxiv.org/abs/1307.0708

...but for now, I retire with some 'light reading'
https://www.nikhef.nl/~ivov/HiggsLectureNote.pdf

These mathematical concepts are new to me and are going to take a while...my brain isn't that advanced yet.
Old 31-05-2018, 02:05 PM
Master
Aaahhh...it all has to do with adiabatic regularisation. GOT IT!
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1607.08133.pdf

Now, I have answered the OP's question and NOW I can go to sleep and let this matter rest.
Old 31-05-2018, 02:05 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow Stuff = Occupied Space Is a Logical Minimal Brainer

Quote:
Dustin--.."empty space fluctuates"...

No, non-occupied space does not fluctuate. Only occupied space can fluctuate.

A 2x4 piece of occupied space lumber can fluctuate because of variations in moisture content in the wood.

Non-occupied space does not fluctuate.

Occupied space can only exist outside of our finite, occupied space Universe. These are the fundamentals at top of the cosmic hierarchy.

Quote:
Gem--Ok r6. First when I pointed out that when you said "Stuff = Occupied Space" you said you make an error,

Drop the mind games Gem, you know very well that before that specific post with the specific error I have been very clear for years and many posts here at SP what occupied space is.

Quote:
so I take it you do mean stuff = occupied space,

How many times are you going to beat a dead horse Gem? I made a mental error when typing. Get over it

Quote:
and of course stuff occupies space so it's called "occupied space".

Yeah, I have been very clear on that and you have now agreed with that at least twice.

Quote:
Hence you define the term "occupied space" on the ground that it is self evident that stuff takes up space.

Duh yeah. And you have agreed at least twice now. It is self evident based on what we observe and dictionary definitions of words stuff, occupied and space. Use a dictionary Gem.
Quote:

Perhaps you've established this as a premise, but where is the logic?

Where is the illogic? It is self evident based on how we define those words. Use a dictionary Gem.

Quote:
Logic is a structure where a series of premises together validate a conclusion.

Logic is a pathway of thought that you have lost track of in regards to words stuff, occupied and space and their definitions. Use a dictionary GEm.

Quote:
It is important that the premises are plausible, and "stuff occupies space" is plausible

It is not only plausible the concept, scenario, phenomena, state-of-affairs, reality it is obvious, logical sensible conclusion that you agree with then you go off on some bonkers "logic" diversion. Use a dictionary Gem.

Quote:
It's like I could say "houses have bedrooms" which is a plausible premise, but it's not logic. Logic is more like 1) "Houses have bedrooms" 2) "This building has 3 bedrooms". Therefore, "this building is a house". That's how logic basically operates.

Use a dictionary Gem. Stuff, occupied and space have defintions.

A room is used as a bedroom only if there is a bed in that room or people sleep in that room.

Stuff, occupied and space have definitions that all correlate logically, inherently, self-evidently obvious etc.

Quote:
A premise on its own is not logic.

Logic is pathway of thought based on what we experience, and put into words to communicated to self and/or others what we experienced.

We experience that garbage occupies space and I use words to communicate that fact to others, some of which refuse to acknowledge and go off on some irrelevant divergent topics, or,

agree and then go off on some irrelevant divergent topics, or,

agree and accept the logical pathways of thougth via words humans have created and placed in dictionarys.

Quote:
My little expression using geometry was logic, because my concept of occupied/unoccupied space was validated by plausible premises.

Ive been on your geometric pathways a year or more back, and I forget the specifics but we did not agree on something as best as I can recall.

We can go there again ---in another thread-- but metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts are not a space. Neither non-occupied or occupied space. Do you grasp that Gem?

Ive been very clear on this fact for years around here. Here above and the last few posts Ive been clearly disscussing occupied space ergo garbage/trash etc and they are more than just a concept.

I will be happy to discuss geometrical concepts with you ---in another thread--- along with can we have can we have non-occupied spaces between occupied spaces.

But when we do so, we have to begin with a common agreement that those are three distinctly differrent aspects and once again for umpteenth time Ive laid them out clearly for your or others to contemplate/ponder;

1} spirit-1, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts ex concepts of space, time concepts God, Universe, dogs, triangles etc,

-------------line-of-demarcation---------------

2} macro-infinite non-occupied space,

3} occupied space ie;

.....3-2 } physical/energy ergo fermions, bosons and any aggregate collection thereof,

...3-3 } gravity,

...3-4 } dark energy.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Stuff = Occupied Space Is a Logical Minimal Brainer

Stuff/Occupied Space is 3-2, 3-3, and 3-4 in the above.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 31-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Master
I also just came across this...which seems to bear my theory out:
https://www.space.com/25238-dark-ene...um-theory.html

This whole thread is making me do a facepalm. Bigtime!

I'm no quantum physicist, but I have a deep interest in it and can totally understand all these things at a mere glance (and I have excellent mnemonics).

It's funny how I can understand advanced mathematics and yet cannot understand r6's maths...weird that.
Old 31-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Question 1 + 1 = 2 or 1 + 1 = 4 or 3 + 3 = 12 "maths" Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
.."yet cannot understand r6's maths...weird that".
R8 posted a "maths" here recently?

I think Shivitar is very confused person who has very little rational logical common sense to offer us.
------------------------------------

Lets do an experiement and find out if Shivitar actually even knows what a "maths" formula is;

Linearly 1 + 1 = 4.

Synergetically 1 triangle + 1 triangle = 4 triangles of same shape, size and degree of angles.

Lets try another one on Shivitar.

3 + 3 = 6 linearly

3, 60 degree angles + 3, 60 degree angles = 12, 60 degree angles synergetically.

Does he grasp any of these actual "maths"?

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 31-05-2018, 11:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
R8 posted a "maths" here recently?

I think Shivitar is very confused person who has very little rational logical common sense to offer us.
------------------------------------

Lets do an experiement and find out if Shivitar actually even knows what a "maths" formula is;

Linearly 1 + 1 = 4.

Synergetically 1 triangle + 1 triangle = 4 triangles of same shape, size and degree of angles.

Lets try another one on Shivitar.

3 + 3 = 6 linearly

3, 60 degree angles + 3, 60 degree angles = 12, 60 degree angles synergetically.

Does he grasp any of these actual "maths"?
I think you have me confused with a totally different member.

Shivatar is a male and a whole different person to me.
Shivani Devi is a female and she IS me.

Please read and use my user-name and address me properly before you ask Gem to use a dictionary.