Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-11-2019, 10:27 PM
Master
Is a "Clear Conscience" the Garden Of Eden?

My theory is that God is not pure consciousness as Hindus call Him, but that He is far, far greater. He is pure conscience. Conscience is like consciousness but much more alive and vivid. It implies great love and civility.

Perhaps there was a time when humanity had a clear conscience. Perhaps this time is what is referred to as being in "The Garden". Then came "The Fall". Perhaps this means that we troubled our conscience; obscured it and sinned.

My aim is to have a clear conscience once more - even with all the wrong in the world. I realise that I cannot have a clear conscience without God's help. I need forgiving and redeeming. I need grace to save me.

However; it can be done through Christ. Is a clear conscience that heavenly state we dream about?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:12 PM
Master

"A lamp am I to thee that beholdest me. Amen.
A mirror am I to thee that perceivest me. Amen.
A door am I to thee that knockest at me. Amen.
A way am I to thee a wayfarer."
Old 19-11-2019, 11:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
"A lamp am I to thee that beholdest me. Amen.
A mirror am I to thee that perceivest me. Amen.
A door am I to thee that knockest at me. Amen.
A way am I to thee a wayfarer."

Where does that come from?

Old 20-11-2019, 12:56 AM
Master

It's found in the Acts of John Honza, there's some gold in there

http://www.earlychristianwritings.co.../actsjohn.html

ps i think consciousness is simply an attribute of a conscience, new age making a big thing of an attribute!
Old 20-11-2019, 02:16 AM
Knower

A person's conscience is basically their inner awareness. God gave us our conscience to keep us aware of the things that can harm us, as well as the things that can help us.

It is our job to keep our conscience pure (I Tim. 1:5; 3:9; II Tim. 1:3).

When a person doesn't feed his conscience with spiritual things, such as the word of God, prayer, and witnessing, he is in danger of DEFILING his conscience (Tit. 1:15), SEARING his conscience (I Tim. 4:2), and rendering it WEAK (I Cor. 8:7).

Our conscience is a lot like our alarm clock: it's no good unless we keep it set and working properly.
Old 20-11-2019, 06:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My theory is that God is not pure consciousness as Hindus call Him, but that He is far, far greater. He is pure conscience. Conscience is like consciousness but much more alive and vivid. It implies great love and civility.

Perhaps there was a time when humanity had a clear conscience. Perhaps this time is what is referred to as being in "The Garden". Then came "The Fall". Perhaps this means that we troubled our conscience; obscured it and sinned.

My aim is to have a clear conscience once more - even with all the wrong in the world. I realise that I cannot have a clear conscience without God's help. I need forgiving and redeeming. I need grace to save me.

However; it can be done through Christ. Is a clear conscience that heavenly state we dream about?

What about those Sentient beings who don't have, or seem to not have a ' Conscience ' will they ever have your ' Heavenly State ' ?
Old 20-11-2019, 11:30 PM
MAYA EL

The garden story is a metaphysical story has nothing to do with two people literally in a literal Garden eating literal fruit. It is however located in your skull
Old 22-11-2019, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Determined
Our conscience is a lot like our alarm clock:
it's no good unless we keep it set and working properly.
Excellent.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
The garden story is a metaphysical story has nothing to do with two people literally in a literal Garden eating literal fruit. It is however located in your skull

It is interesting you should say that. Would it be a miracle for the Garden Of Eden to be a real place? The thing is our Earth is a real place. We take it for granted. Why should the Garden be any different?

Old 23-11-2019, 10:17 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is interesting you should say that. Would it be a miracle for the Garden Of Eden to be a real place? The thing is our Earth is a real place. We take it for granted. Why should the Garden be any different?
Because with our Western mindsets we want to take things we read literal because that's how we speak and write but at a couple thousand years and a different language and a different culture on a different continent and you're not going to have a story that makes any sense to the average Western mind and back then if you're going to write something that retained to the human soul you wrote it an allegorical frame reference so every single character mentioned is a symbol for something else this was the style back then. Not to mention the river is the spine and where it flows refers to parts of the body as well

and this is actually interpreted in most secret societies this way except the one that holds the book that has the story in it and that would be Christianity ironically enough