Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Newbie ;)

First Astral Projection Attempt

Hi Everyone,

I only recently began studying astral projection and must admit I was a bit skeptical at first. I found an OBE
Meditation video on YouTube and decided to give it a try. I was about 10 minutes into it when it felt like my entire body was all if a sudden vibrating and a great pressure on my chest. Not long after that I felt like my body was floating. I couldn't see anything though and could not will myself to leave my body completely. I've tried it twice more and the same thing happens. I experience that floating feeling then fall asleep and have extremely vivid dreams. Are some people maybe not able to separate all the way? I was a bit scared. I'd never felt anything like that. I've noticed that since I've been doing this the next day I feel wonderful: very energetic and focused.
Old 29-08-2016, 01:51 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I believe astral projection allows the soul to intercept energy that is circulating the universe and the above dimensions. This might be as to why you feel this immense new energetic feeling.
Old 29-08-2016, 04:58 AM
Pathfinder
Congratulation !

It is strange when happens first time, but nothing to be scared of. Let go of the fears, and you will find even more interesting experiences.
Old 29-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Suspended
Hi there

If you felt like your body was floating, then you were most likely already out. Blindness is common in early OBEs, so don't worry about that. There are a few ways to get round this - either think 'clarity now!' in a commanding voice and if that doesn't work, use your sense of touch as your primary sense. Once you are no longer bothered about being blind, your sight usually returns.

With regards to falling asleep - perhaps practise when you are not sleepy such as first thing in the morning after a refreshing shower.

Many times I've been partially separated and 'stuck' somewhere. If your hands are free, use them to rub the area that feels stuck. That used to work for me.
Old 30-08-2016, 02:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you all for your response. :) I tried again last night and the experience was more intense. I could feel every part of my spirit body move when I focused on it. For example, when I focused on my arm, I could feel it move outside of my physical body. The strange thing was while being perfect still I felt the bed shake three different times. That's when I felt scared because I knew I had not physically moved. Also, once I began feeling somewhat a separation from my body, I could feel a cool breeze blowing all over me. I had not experienced this the other times. It felt just like a ceiling fan blowing down on me... except I do not have a ceiling fan in that room.
I never completely seemed to leave my body. It felt like I was stuck in mud. I am hopeful that eventually I will be able to will my spirit to leave my body and go to different rooms of the house. :)
Old 30-08-2016, 06:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Congrats on your recent semi-successful experiences : D
Old 30-08-2016, 11:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Congrats on your recent semi-successful experiences : D
Thank you!
Old 01-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Experiencer
Hello' liz3383

What appears is that....you are being hindered by your own fear of the unknown. As this is new to you and you have not developed those new skills, as of yet.

Now, what is important here, for you to understand is that 'Astral projection' is the action of allowing aspects of your consciousness to be moving freely; not in association with your body consciousness. Now; astral projection allows you the involvement, so to speak, of both objective and subjective awareness. Now, there is a distinction between a projection of consciousness and what you may actually identify as an out-of-body experience.

For it is seen an element of your consciousness continues to be focused and interactive with the body consciousness within the action of projection. In a manner of speaking, you divide your awareness and allow an element of your consciousness to be continuing in interaction with your body consciousness subjectively, but you also allow yourself an element of your consciousness, subjectively and objectively, to be moving freely through consciousness, moving through the barriers, so to speak, of time, space, and even at times dimensions.

As an actual out-of-body experience is the removal of your 'subjective' awareness and its interaction with the body consciousness. Therefore, the body consciousness is, in a manner of speaking, left to be functioning temporarily without instruction from the subjective awareness. In this, the action of an out-of-body experience may be engaged for much less time framework than a projection of consciousness, for there is, in effect, within this physical dimension, a necessity for instruction and interaction between the subjective awareness and the body consciousness to be continuing the functioning of the physical body.

Therefore, in projection, you allow yourself to move your consciousness, subjectively and objectively, in part, so to speak, away from your physical body consciousness, and without the encumbering of the physical matter of body expression, you may allow yourself more of a freedom of movement.

I hope this helps.

In Light & Harmony Taoist
Old 02-09-2016, 06:03 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz3383
Hi Everyone,

I only recently began studying astral projection and must admit I was a bit skeptical at first. I found an OBE
Meditation video on YouTube and decided to give it a try. I was about 10 minutes into it when it felt like my entire body was all if a sudden vibrating and a great pressure on my chest. Not long after that I felt like my body was floating. I couldn't see anything though and could not will myself to leave my body completely. I've tried it twice more and the same thing happens. I experience that floating feeling then fall asleep and have extremely vivid dreams. Are some people maybe not able to separate all the way? I was a bit scared. I'd never felt anything like that. I've noticed that since I've been doing this the next day I feel wonderful: very energetic and focused.

nice!congratz!

im amazed at well some people adapt to astral projection and things of this nature.i was like you once, very skeptical of all this, i really had no interest in it, in the past, my perspective was more of a " how will astral projection help pay the bills" meaning i found no use of projection to help in my daily physical life. how ever, i could not of been more wrong :)
in some of my past post, i explained my understandings of the current situation that earth and humans are experiencing, i believe that these changes that our earth is going through is the direct cause of many peoples spiritual awakenings, the fact that it seems like more and more humans are becoming interested in the spiritual side of life shows that our earth is indeed changing.its like we all are just getting a feeling or knowing of something that we should of had no way of knowing. i cant wait to see exactly what unfolds in the next few months :)

i see that you are able to enter the vibration stage with ease, so how about trying this, once you enter your vibration stage, try to imagine a image, usually, when you imagine a image while in the vibration state, it is often is a lot more clear, vivid and real then your normal visuals in your minds eye.
if you get to the point where your image is clear and vivid, just allow all of your attention into the visual, this will help shift your conscious mind away from the physical and into the astral.
btw, my experiences has lead me to believe that the astral is pretty much your imagination, so with that being said, this means that when ever you imagine anything it gets created in the astral, for instance, if you imagine a apple, that apple you imagined truly exist in the astral world, if you were to find a way to focus all your attention on the apple, this would then give you a door into the astral.use this understanding to help your self project.
gl :)