Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-01-2014, 08:14 PM
serenesam

I was also thinking that doesn't freewill collide with omniscience? The more freewill a human being has, the less omniscient the Creator is. The only way that the Creator would be omniscient would be that He/She/It doesn't allow freewill because He/She/It already knows what is going to happen.
Old 27-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Experiencer
Since I do believe in free will, I tend to think that the Creator knows all future probabilities, meaning there is no one set future, there are many futures which the Creator is aware of and it's our free will that will decide which one is actually going to happen. Otherwise, we're not actually learning, we're just avatars or puppets being led around. But that's just my perception of it.
Old 28-01-2014, 03:41 AM
Master

Way to deep for me. Life is what it is. That is a "period" meaning whatever we slosh around debating doesn't matter. The truth is still the truth and I will float in knowing Universe takes care of me no matter what my ignorance may be.
Old 28-01-2014, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
Since I do believe in free will, I tend to think that the Creator knows all future probabilities, meaning there is no one set future, there are many futures which the Creator is aware of and it's our free will that will decide which one is actually going to happen. Otherwise, we're not actually learning, we're just avatars or puppets being led around. But that's just my perception of it.

The "future probabilities" are part of creation. There is no Future, just Now. The rest I agree with. Whether we choose them or not, all the probabilities continue to exist (thus allowing the possibilities of changing the course). The infinite possibilities of all of us is a part of the multiverse. It is incomprehensible for us but even when choices are made, the other possibilities continue to exist.

But previous poster is right--this is waay too deep!

Lora
Old 28-01-2014, 05:15 AM
Master
We are sub creators or co creators.

We are not thee one and only Creator. Such an Self deluded statement

The Creator or Source or Father is The Pure Consciousness

We can bathe and experience and become one with that Being and become a part of Him once again but we can never be the Pure Consciousness because that is absolute. We are individuals; we receive our being from Beingness Itself.

That is like a person trying to purge everything they are until all they are is the abstract water in their body. It is just not possible

The Supreme State of Being, or the Consciousness of the Father is omniscient becomes it penetrates time, space, dimensions, worlds, and mind itself.

All is happening now, all already happened, things will happen in the future and all in one in the oneness of God
Old 28-01-2014, 05:31 PM
serenesam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana

Yes, even with the consideration that the Creator knows all future possibilities, if it was omniscient, wouldn't it also know what you are going to pick or what choice/decision you will make?

So say there are choices like choice A, B, C, and D. If the Creator was all-knowing, it would already know what choice you are going to make whether it be A, B, C, or D????

Or even if it didn't know which choice you will pick, wouldn't it be able to know the probability of which choice you are going to pick (given the assumed acknowledgment that it already knows the surrounding circumstances or "your" surrounding circumstances)?

So if there is an 80% probability that you will pick C for example, and you end up picking C, where is the freewill in that?

Unless the Creator or someone or something else intervenes but God doesn't just magically show up in your house right?
Old 28-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenesam
Yes, even with the consideration that the Creator knows all future possibilities, if it was omniscient, wouldn't it also know what you are going to pick or what choice/decision you will make?

So say there are choices like choice A, B, C, and D. If the Creator was all-knowing, it would already know what choice you are going to make whether it be A, B, C, or D????

No, because choice is truly the individual part that is up to us. Yes, the Creator knows what we have experienced, every interaction, thought we have had. But, when it comes to making choices, that individual/unique part of us that every creation has--gets to make the decision.

It's like our children. They may look like us, have personality traits like us, but there is always a unique part that is just them, that we can't predict.

And, as to possibilities, those "timelines" inform us with the information about what would have happened. In other than 3D dimensions, they don't need this because they can "know" the implications of all actions. But for us, those possibilities are part of the record of our actions, and, presumably can be changed.

Lora
Old 29-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
The creator is of the mind .

If we relate the self within mind and the no self beyond, then likewise, there is no creator beyond .

x daz x

I like this. For me it's worth quoting, because most, if not all, of the time I don't fully grasp your words Mr. dazzler of the razzle. The above - I just about do.
Old 29-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I like this. For me it's worth quoting, because most, if not all, of the time I don't fully grasp your words Mr. dazzler of the razzle. The above - I just about do.

Thanks squashie ..

And don't worry, I don't understand what I am going on about half the time .. I am now entertaining one of those blank expressions, moving my arms like a chicken, rubbing my fingers over my lips making silly noises ... dribbling ever so slightly ...

x daz x
Old 02-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Knower
Depression and spirituality

I've tended to be depressed all my life. Antidepressants have never worked for me, but if I ride a bike for 75 minutes or so then I usually am good for a day until the next workout.

However, sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to be depressed. When I exercise regularly I have no interest in meditation or religion. But if I don't exercise then I have no interest in pleasurable activities, my mind wanders, I can't make decisions, I find myself staring at patterns on the wall like a zombie, etc. It's very stressful and miserable most of the time.

Also my "spiritual experiences" (or psychological experiences :) ) tend to happen when I feel stressed, upset, or depressed. Also I can feel the relief of my little 5 minutes "meditation" exercises more when I'm depressed.

Just wondering if anybody can relate to this?