Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 22-07-2016, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Necromancer,

I know the meaning of your last sentence but what I said is more in general. Every guy may feel like you or me.

Last night I went up to Christian divine/heaven unexpectedly, they/ascended Christians were lining up on both sides of the road to a hugh building in heaven. So many of them as ministers sitting waiting for my arrival and my spirit are" still have a meeting with them".

So you see I never have expected this in my life and when time come it happens. You know what I said?
Namaste.

Yes, I understand.

"To everything, there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven" - Ecclesiastes 3:1

So, is masturbation a sin Jeremy?

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 22-07-2016, 03:56 AM
Master
Namaste.

I also just realised now, it's all a process of belief refinement...once again...like the time I had to choose between Advaita and Dvaita philosophy...

Now, I realise the point where Raja Yoga and Laya Yoga clash - I can't be a Tantrika who follows Patanjali or a student of Patanjali who follows Tantra...crunch time again.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 22-07-2016, 03:59 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Namaste.

Yes, I understand.

"To everything, there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven" - Ecclesiastes 3:1

So, is masturbation a sin Jeremy?

Aum Namah Shivaya

Not really, it depend as long not to hurt someone on the way. We do things with our conscience then whatever we do will be not sin. Of course different people may have different degree of viewpoint but generally we know the differences of it.

You should have a purpose to life or for a living then clinging to it and feel occupied. That's all about life. I am retired now but I still find someway to make myself "working with something" meaningful.
Old 22-07-2016, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Not really, it depend as long not to hurt someone on the way. We do things with our conscience then whatever we do will be not sin. Of course different people may have different degree of viewpoint but generally we know the differences of it.

You should have a purpose to life or for a living then clinging to it and feel occupied. That's all about life. I am retired now but I still find someway to make myself "working with something" meaningful.
Namaste.

Yes, I get it. It has also been said that now this has happened to me, I should go and do some charity/volunteer/philanthropic work to divert those sexual energies and burn off a bit of karma...I also feel I could achieve that better with the label of 'sannyasin' pinned to my jacket. I also realise it's an ego-trip too, but at least I am in full awareness and realisation of this.

You are right though, I guess it is time I make up my own mind as to what is 'good' or 'bad' and not let the scriptures, holy men or other people who follow them tell me otherwise.

If the real truth be known, I just have to heed the words of my own teacher, Swami Sivananda who also did NOT advocate total celibacy. In fact, he said 'once a fortnight is fine - the body needs this' so, as long as it doesn't become a habit or I allow myself to get too attached to it that it disrupts my meditation - like it is doing now, I should be fine.

Yes, if all else fails, go jog around the block a few times. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 22-07-2016, 04:37 AM
Suspended
Necromancer,

You are a good listener that shows your talents. We are suppose to be with God and on the other way with human. And most people are religious aware and cling only on one side and forgets that he is a human that will be a disaster of some kind.

I don't say about Buddhist because they are vowed or tended to be like that and long for/ feel a peaceful mind but that's not my intentions to be. We have lot of things to do beside meditation and chakra things. For me the more I do that I will feel too much on attachment so I free myself for everything with good planing.
Old 22-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Master
Quote Wagner....I feel right in adding the Buddha's precept that "everything is sorrow".

Where in Buddha's teachings (Sutras) is this precept please ?
There are 5 precepts and none of them are ' everything is sorrow '.
Old 22-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Quote Wagner....I feel right in adding the Buddha's precept that "everything is sorrow".

Where in Buddha's teachings (Sutras) is this precept please ?
There are 5 precepts and none of them are ' everything is sorrow '.
Everything is Sorrow. Sabbè pi dukkham. The First Noble Truth and one of the Three Marks of Existence. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukkha

This is the Hinduism section though, so ask more in the Buddhist one.

Sorry, Necromancer, for interrupting your thread.
Old 22-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
Everything is Sorrow. Sabbè pi dukkham. The First Noble Truth and one of the Three Marks of Existence. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukkha

This is the Hinduism section though, so ask more in the Buddhist one.

Sorry, Necromancer, for interrupting your thread.
Namaste.

That's fine, interrupt away....I'm totally confused now anyway.

I just surrender...I can't keep up with this anymore...can't keep swimming against the current....have no choice but to let it carry me wherever it wants to take me...I just don't like not being in control, but what else can I do about situations that are totally beyond it?

So...confused...

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 22-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Knower
"Janma mrityurna te chittam bandhamokshau subhasubhau Katham rodishi re vasta namarupam na te na me."

[Why do you weep, my child? There are no names and forms in you. There is neither bondage nor liberation, neither good nor evil. Stand up. Gird up your loins. Fight with the mind and the senses and the rest in your own Satchitananda Swaroopa. There are no names and forms. The world is not in you. It is only a Sankalpa.]

I'll be around later if you wish to talk. Believe me, I have no motive save for that I want to help if I can. :)
Old 22-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
"Janma mrityurna te chittam bandhamokshau subhasubhau Katham rodishi re vasta namarupam na te na me."

[Why do you weep, my child? There are no names and forms in you. There is neither bondage nor liberation, neither good nor evil. Stand up. Gird up your loins. Fight with the mind and the senses and the rest in your own Satchitananda Swaroopa. There are no names and forms. The world is not in you. It is only a Sankalpa.]

I'll be around later if you wish to talk. Believe me, I have no motive save for that I want to help if I can. :)
Namaste.

Thank you, I know you are trying...

I am scared and I shouldn't be, but...I don't know how to explain this, so I shall try the truth...

Maybe I am choosing to take sannyasa to avoid feeling love...I just don't know if I am ready for this emotion...he says he is ready and he loves me...and yeah, I like him a lot...but I love Shiva...I could fall in love with him...but I am scared to because God is the only one I have loved for most of my life...

I don't want to forget Shiva....I don't want to fall in love...but it's never about what I want anyway....it has never, ever been about what I want, always 'what is best for me'...whether I want/like it or not - I just gotta cop it sweet and don't even get a say.

I'm learning how to deal with this and still retain some of my remaining ego here, so I can at least converse and don't lapse into a totally catatonic state....but that seems like it's gonna happen anyway...

So, between a guy having a crush on me, me masturbating in response and going through a kundalini awakening simultaneously - I'm going effing insane here, right?

Aum Namah Shivaya