Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-02-2020, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It's time we left the world of goodies and baddies behind and so get on with promoting those values we leave so often just hanging so noticeably in the air.
Ahhh ... but the value-ing is just a natural con-sequence of contrasting ex-peer-iences which one, inf one has any degree of Intelligence at all, cognizes as being 'better' or 'worse', relatively speaking, in terms of Quality of LIFE.

Creative value-ing is an 'art'!

From my book:
The potentially liberating and amendatory truth (in regards 'God') is that everybody in existence is spiritually motivated by a mindfully discriminating intrinsic potency. This was termed ‘atman’ or ‘soul’ by sages of old, who recognized everyone and everything as being an immediate expression of the universally present, intelligently creative essence which they understood to be the real meaning of ‘Brahman’ and ‘God’. But, because such words have been misappropriated by custom and their significance sometimes grossly distorted by miss-usage, I generally refer to it alternatively, as Intelligence, Creativity, Life Itself or the Life-Force. However labeled, it [ to Miss H] is the source ‘element’ from which all Being springs, the core I-Am-That-I-Am, That Which Is at root within each and everyone.

Of course, like any other kind of 'art', what people value and so 'create' (or don't!) varies tremendously - hence the ongoing 'show'!
Old 16-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
As I said above, my 'God' has other things to do than chase 'truth' or 'righteousness' - these are figments of humankind's imagination - promoted by false hopes and expectations. It's time we left the world of goodies and baddies behind and so get on with promoting those values we leave so often just hanging so noticeably in the air.
Your 'God'......

For many people truth and righteousness are values and not just figments of the imagination, and everybody has a sense of what's important to them personally. As do you it seems, so you're not so different after all. The question is, what are the reasons your values are more important than anyone else's? And what are they, exactly?
Old 16-02-2020, 03:30 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Greenslade, see what happens when you miss a day here!!!
It makes the heart grow fonder
Old 16-02-2020, 03:37 PM
Greenslade - btw - when I think of God appearing or revealing Himself
to people - I think of Him giving them a Inner Revelation that knocks their socks off.
(That's what He always does to ME!!!! And I walk around like a zombie, stunned for hours -
enough that my German Shep simply drops her ball in front of me and backs up, hahahaha....not her usual self)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2020, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
As do you it seems, so you're not so different after all.
If you used your Intelligence to read/understand what I have written (instead to warp-projecting your own axe-grinding distortions onto/onto it), you would see that I am arguing 'for' something that is universally present, in myself just as in you and everyone else.

Quote:
The question is, what are the reasons your values are more important than anyone else's?

This is your distortion - which gives you a false 'reason' to perseveratively continue the 'grinding' you clearly enjoy. I submit no 'reasons' for 'greater' 'importance' - I only argue on the basis of possibly 'greater' (more valid? more functional?) logic. And I only appeal to the capacity for such logic in others, that is if and as they are inclined and so choose to exercise it.

Quote:
And what are they, exactly?
Taking this query at face value (albeit skeptically) and quoting a doofy 'President': "Read my lips", Greenslade! Aside from in my posts, I have already meticulously expressed myself in this regard in great depth in my book and my treatise.
Old 16-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Master

Quote:
The current war in the middle east began with the Knights Templar and has been raging ever since. A whole war machine dedicated to doing God's holy works that's still churning. Let's not forget the Catholic Church and all the other things it did, beginning with the Romans themselves and the systematic destruction of non-Catholic belief systems. And that has gone on throughout history; The Cathars were all but extinguished in the Languedoc in France, the Vatican sent Charlemange to destroy the Aesir of Finland and lets not forget the Spanish Inquisition. The time of the pre-Renaissance was one of the darkest periods in European history for any number of reasons, and many of those attitudes are still with us today. When an ideology is the answer to psychology, psychiatry and cognitive behaviour disorderes..... As for the Natives in both North and South America, how many died either by disease or sword or were herded like cattle so that their eternal Souls could be saved?

Do you know that fundamental Jews have declared that the state of Israel shouldn't exist? Strictly, God says the the Torah that the Jews shouldn't have their own nation. Perhaps it has something to do with them crucifying Jesus.

More people have died in the name of God than in both World Wars put together.

A belief in God has been making a mess for thousands of years, in terms of death, torture, destruction of culture and civilisation itself. If God was real?

All of this damage relates to human beliefs and human ignorance. Why blame the Divine for the limitations of humanity?

Peace
Old 16-02-2020, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I only argue on the basis of possibly 'greater'
I'm sure most agree, blanket expectation and feeling follows of only being good. That is what I would want to. I can appreciate the desire of this feeling and expectation but the unknown element has to be and is about human nature. Even God has never been able to control humans based on stories from the start and I would have to smile if the unexpected happened. Be careful what you wish for it may not be as you planned. Now it's working anyway, so why not just leave it alone.

Have to be truthful and don't think of myself as being willfull, even if God told us what we should be doing, after a while I'd begin to make demands on God above and beyond what it does, or better does not do. Keep in mind to we'd be moving from speculation into proof and we have no idea our reaction to proof or someone else taking charge and interpreting proof for their own agenda, ie: war, conflict, and control. I am sure it would support the status quo anyway, although beit a new one. Are we spiritual enough to know, spiritual enough to do.

Complete revelation that would leave one in awe, everyone have the experience and reveal, no difference, is what I would want for everyone to experience and then let them go their own way. I believe I could handle it!
Old 16-02-2020, 05:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

This would be no skin off God's nose and would allow us to get on with things. And as we also know changing the colour of the sun for a day would be easy, requiring only a miracle, of which there are many in the Bible, so having a decisive miracle 2000 years later could only be positive.

This would solve quite a number of obvious problems and we wouldn't be requested 'to believe', something which has caused and still causes friction and has no point anyway. Instead of believing (in whatever) we'd KNOW.

Then we could live our lives accordingly without fighting among ourselves as to who is right. Let's get rid of all 'beliefs', all superstitions, all religious traditions, all church buildings, all professional preachers, all funny clothes, hats, bishops and popes and their ilk - in fact let's rid ourselves of the whole pot and be able to look God directly in the eye.

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????
God isn't showing?
There is nothing but God.
God = Existence.

How could we not see THIS?
Maybe we aren't looking or listening closely enough, or in the useful way per intention.

The miracle is in getting rid of the blindness of expectation, the ignorance of demand, and the fear of past consequence of such ("damage"), that God behave and appear as ego-mind wants for our personal childish sense of convenience, etc..

~ J
Old 16-02-2020, 05:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
All of this damage relates to human beliefs and human ignorance. Why blame the Divine for the limitations of humanity?Peace
Yes, there is this view if God involved itself directly and activity, it would fix everything. At the same time because Divine is so withdrawn and could do something it to has responsibility of all the infinite things it could. If there are infinite universes God may have just done that because it saw the outcome. Being involved changes everything and outcome and that is a reality to.
Old 16-02-2020, 05:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
"Why blame the Divine for the limitations of humanity?"
Right.
In this regard especially,
blame is a sad, archaic, ego-centric, "woe-is-me" self-defeating attitude/orientation
which is blind, cannot see the stupendous opportunity involved within life.

It's like blaming water for thirst.
A bit foolish.

~ J