Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Master
Finding spirituality in the strangest places.

I always believed you find what you're looking for, good or bad. I enjoy finding spirituality in unexpected places, to me it's more meaningful and fun. the traditional meditation, yoga, and whatever else people do to find it seems to planned and forced for me. Does anyone else think this way?
Old 26-03-2018, 12:00 PM
Master
I feel like I answered this question some where else. Maybe I am imagining it.

Sure, I can find myself anywhere I am..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I feel like I answered this question some where else. Maybe I am imagining it.

Sure, I can find myself anywhere I am..
I am sure you did. In round about way I brought it up before. This time I thought I just come out an ask it. I noticed you wrote "find myself anywhere" the question asked was finding spirituality. Can you elaborate on "myself" I am just curious.
Old 27-03-2018, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I am sure you did. In round about way I brought it up before. This time I thought I just come out an ask it. I noticed you wrote "find myself anywhere" the question asked was finding spirituality. Can you elaborate on "myself" I am just curious.

What do you see spirituality as if you don't mind me asking?

I can elaborate for you..:)

For me spirituality is a certain way of being, not a particular practice. So anything I see outside of myself as being "spiritual" or "spirituality" is just my own spirituality recognising a tool to "becoming" or residing in being that, as my own state of being becoming...To me the internal blossoming in myself is what spirituality is. So wherever I am in the world and connecting as I am and can blossom through, is my own spirituality blossoming in myself one with the external. It is everywhere I am, I am everywhere it is..Where else can it be? It is within me..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 27-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Master
Hahaha, things spiritual to me? I work nights most of awake hrs are in the dark quiet hrs of the night. That in it self changed things for me. You learn to stop using your eyes to see things. Your other senses strengthen, both physically and spiritually. Once you stop using your eyes to see you learn it's both a gift and a curse. But anyway, spiritually " up lifting and freeing" to me is morning twilight on a clear morning. You know that shade of purple that only last 5 min before the sunrise is one. Another type is this for an example, a few days ago I had a troubled mind I was standing outside having a cigarette then it was like something grabbed those troubles and ripped them out of me. Then I laughed a little looked at a particular tree nearby and thanked it. At times I ask the angels for help, and they do. I feel the tree helped me that time. That's spiritual to me, i also do my best to return the favor. I see it like a relationship, what the earth does for me I make a point to give back the best I can.
Old 27-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Hahaha, things spiritual to me? I work nights most of awake hrs are in the dark quiet hrs of the night. That in it self changed things for me. You learn to stop using your eyes to see things. Your other senses strengthen, both physically and spiritually. Once you stop using your eyes to see you learn it's both a gift and a curse. But anyway, spiritually " up lifting and freeing" to me is morning twilight on a clear morning. You know that shade of purple that only last 5 min before the sunrise is one. Another type is this for an example, a few days ago I had a troubled mind I was standing outside having a cigarette then it was like something grabbed those troubles and ripped them out of me. Then I laughed a little looked at a particular tree nearby and thanked it. At times I ask the angels for help, and they do. I feel the tree helped me that time. That's spiritual to me, i also do my best to return the favor. I see it like a relationship, what the earth does for me I make a point to give back the best I can.

Sounds wonderful, I want what you have..haha
I am doing a month long retreat alone in the mid of winter, perhaps I should spend time in the dark and develop more deeply as your showing in your experience. I am hoping the whole experience will open me deeper to listen and immerse with more awareness. That's the plan.

How intriguing something grabbed your troubles and ripped them out of me. I wonder how you naturally came to be in this way? Sounds like you didn't even ask for support that time? Asking is a good thing, I might ask for some clearing in myself, rather than asking for clarity. Let the clarity come from that..

Old 27-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Master
Like I mentioned it can be both a gift and a curse. I feel both my parents are spiritual people they just won't admit it or question what they were taught what is the only way. It's funny how so many people are taught not to question things. What is there to hide if you're not allowed to.
Old 27-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I always believed you find what you're looking for, good or bad. I enjoy finding spirituality in unexpected places, to me it's more meaningful and fun. the traditional meditation, yoga, and whatever else people do to find it seems to planned and forced for me. Does anyone else think this way?
I've found the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet, without the processing of food (and other mundane stuff) my Spiritual development would come to an abrupt and painful halt. I stood and watched the first songbird of spring sitting in a barren tree and warbling its little lungs out, it was quite emotional as it sang to me of hope. Spring has been a long time coming this year.

Apparently, according to science there are 23 values that, if any of them are changed slightly, the universe as we know it would cease to exist. Don't ask me what they all are but he mentioned gravity in particular. A little less and matter wouldn't have been able to coalesce enough to form planets and bodies, a little more and matter would be just a super-heavy blob. It's a real stretch of the imagination to think that's just the random chance of evolution, especially when that creation seems to form a matrix. If that's not Spiritual does it make it 'mundane'? Tweak gravity, say goodbye Spiritual development.
Old 27-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Like I mentioned it can be both a gift and a curse. I feel both my parents are spiritual people they just won't admit it or question what they were taught what is the only way. It's funny how so many people are taught not to question things. What is there to hide if you're not allowed to.

I am curious what the curse is?
I have heard it said before by highly sensitive people, where by they see many of their abilities as a curse.
. If the world was complete of spiritual people all on the same page all believing the same thing, gosh, it might be fun!

Old 27-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I've found the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet, without the processing of food (and other mundane stuff) my Spiritual development would come to an abrupt and painful halt. I stood and watched the first songbird of spring sitting in a barren tree and warbling its little lungs out, it was quite emotional as it sang to me of hope. Spring has been a long time coming this year.

Apparently, according to science there are 23 values that, if any of them are changed slightly, the universe as we know it would cease to exist. Don't ask me what they all are but he mentioned gravity in particular. A little less and matter wouldn't have been able to coalesce enough to form planets and bodies, a little more and matter would be just a super-heavy blob. It's a real stretch of the imagination to think that's just the random chance of evolution, especially when that creation seems to form a matrix. If that's not Spiritual does it make it 'mundane'? Tweak gravity, say goodbye Spiritual development.
the spiritual spark by me was strange itself. For a short time I knew a person who claimed to be something like a goddess in the spiritual world. They came and went out of my life pretty quick. When ever I would ask her anything she give me the run around like a car salesman selling a junk car. But is that spark that got things moving. She couldn't give me answers so I went and looked for them. Before that I had no interest in spiritually. Hahaha.