Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
I agree, however that is not what I see when i look around.
As soon as someones belief system is challenged, or questions I see people ignoring the questions, behave or say not so skillfully in pointing to where the problem comes from.

Take a real life example.
I work with mentally challenged often violent autistic people.
I always give them a first hit. because I know that impulse control is a challenge and if I take the hit, stand my ground and repeat whatever I had to say or ask. the chances of the violence to stop and be heard. (Even though what I say is often not what that person wants to hear because ... society) has a better success rate than pressing my alarm button and jump the poor man or woman with 4 to 6 colleagues.

For me thatś is what my spiritual side has thought me. I will neither ask nor expect my colleagues to do the same, because getting hit sucks big time every time.

I'll stop tooting my own horn now.
This was said as an example..

To me that's what spiritual growth can lead to. Not the spiritual moral high trip many seem to embody when they talk spiritual shop.

With Love
Eelco

Eelco,
Yes - it's difficult enough but especially when we're talking violent and also not possessing the same capacities for restraint and engagement etc as the rest of us. In this way, though most don't want to be assaulted whilst giving treatment, we do need to find a safe and supervised way to treat and ideally more fully engage with these folks. Temple Grandin I believe recommended what I call the full body mummy hug machine as the sort of effective treatment tools that are needed by many, along with appropriate strategies for interaction.

In a similar way, we perform a crude and harsh containment for violent offenders who are deemed otherwise sane are segregated, if caught. Of course, whilst contained, progressive rehabilitation and retraining programmes for the vast majority is a far more effective way to reintegrate them...but that also presumes a healthy society that can likewise provide a clean and sober or relatively violence-free space for their return, so as not to immediate lure them back into old lifeways.

The transcendentals have actually recommended containment of different sorts and different levels for a variety of social ills. This may be of particular use for hard-core recidivists and/or other regressive, reactionary aspects of society where we are at present unable to effectively rehabilitate them (violent psychopaths, paedopiles, etc) and/or they are extremely dangerous and violent (Pol Pot or Stalineqsue types included) This can also be seen on a very crude global scale but to date the containment has been poorly done with great suffering to innocents.

It's a work in progress, for certain...

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke