Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 29-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Knower

Are there more negative cards than positive?

I decided to give myself a reading yesterday. I've never done this before. I used a regular card deck and google what they meant. Now, I definitely don't think I did the card reading right. But that's besides the point, I was looking at what each card meant and it was like every card meant something bad. There was maybe 5 to 10 cards that were somewhat good. Did I just go into a wrong website that gave me false information? Does everyone have a different meaning to each card?

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 30-05-2013, 05:29 AM
missrachel300

I'm not familiar with what method of card reading you are doing.
I use tarot and other oracles. While there are cards that are 'less desirable', there are always very important lessons to be gleaned from them.
It could also be that the interpretations you were reading were too narrow in explanation. I've come across a lot of interpretations for things that I feel are just really not right. Lol. Keep searching for what resonates with you.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Pathfinder

If you were using a deck of playing cards, your problem could be one of several: you use the deck to play with and so it already contains energy from yourself and other people (clean the deck with a quartz crystal in the sun, or buy a new one, they're cheap), there are different methods for reading playing cards, look around for one you like or that works for you, or because it was your first time, you might not have been concentrating hard enough - this is a difficult thing to do and it took me years to get very accurate readings. Don't be deterred by this, even a less accurate reading will force you to think about things and offer help in that way.

If you were using a tarot deck, is it a new one? If someone else has used it before you, their energy may still be with the cards - cleans with a quartz crystal in the sun. If it is a new deck, maybe it is not one that resonates with you. Find one that has a similar vibration to your Self.

As missrachel has said, it is also possible that the definitions you looked at were too narrow. This might cause the cards to appear less friendly than they actually are. Try to find a book or website that will define the symbolism (if tarot cards) as well as give you a sense of their meaning. It isn't enough to just say "this card means xyz" You must be able to "feel" (emotionally/spiritually) the meaning of the card; sense what it is trying to say to you.

If you are using a tarot deck, try just looking at the images rather than reading their definitions. What thoughts do the images invoke? What emotions do they stir up? When you look at The Fool, for example, do you feel anxious, like you might be in some sort of danger? or do you feel at peace, like this might be a picture of a very close friend with whom you can share any thought? If he makes you anxious, maybe he's telling you that you are being too naive. If he seems welcoming, perhaps you are in need of being at peace with your inner child - don't take things so seriously.

If you are using a playing card deck you can use this same method, but I find that any cards in a playing card deck just make me feel like I'm playing cards, which I'm not very fond of. This might be your problem as well. However, you can look at each card you've drawn individually, as you would a tarot card. What does the Ace of Hearts make you think of? I know, its a heart, but what do hearts represent? The tip of an arrow? A rear-end? Love? What kind of love? Love for another? Love for your Self? Spiritual love? Emotional love? What does it make YOU think. Just meditate on it a while and let the imagery play in your mind.

Devinition can be very tiring because it is meditative and therefore both mentally and spiritually tiring. Take it slowly at first and it should help you out - try just three card readings at first (past, present, future) or even single card readings (yes or no).

Also know this. Many of the cards do seem more negative than positive, because how often in our life are we truly elated or reaping reward with nothing negative? Even when "everything is going right" there is usually something that we are worrying about. We don't usually need to divine things that are going well. If everything were perfect, we wouldn't be asking the cards for advice. Usually, those seemingly negative cards are simply being honest with us. They are forcing us to look deep within to the things we need to open our eyes to and to the things we need to change.

Furthermore, the fact that a book or website or anyone or everyone has said "this card means xyz" does not mean that the card will mean that to you. For example The Moon is said to be a dark card - it represents the shadowy recesses of our mind where are created nightmares, etc. etc. BUT, in my readings, it has always been a fortuitous card, telling me that now is the time for personal introspection and the abundant creation of stories (I enjoy writing fictional stories). It is my favorite card. The Death card represents a change, a transition and is usually seen as somewhat negative - a harsh transition. But this, again, has not always been so with me. Sometimes the transition is a beautiful one with no negativity resulting in a time of happiness and abundance.