Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 28-12-2012, 03:33 PM
moonboo

has god really abandoned us?

i found this on another webpage and though it would be nice to share it here, it's quite long but worth the reading. there was a picture attach to it (of the person) but i don't meet the require amount of post to upload a picture.

anyways what you guys think of this story?has god really abandoned us?

Gateway of the Mind
[ http://www.creepypasta.com/gateway-of-the-mind/ ]

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 11-02-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 28-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Ascender

This sounds to be like a case of... where we make our own hell, and we make our own God(s). I mean, they took an elderly man who claimed to have “nothing left to live for”. It sounds to me like this test subject came in with a lot of repressed pain already, if this experiment was as good as suicide to him.

He didn't come in saying, "This will take a lot away from me that I'm used to, but I trust this team and I'm excited and optimistic about where it will lead." In that mindset, he would have something to live for-- the experience of the test and the results brought to the world even if he can't experience it-- just to know that he was a part of that. Maybe a test subject like that would have jumped into a void and found heaven.

Quote:
At one point, he yelled “No heaven, no forgiveness” for five hours straight. He continually begged to be killed

Wait, wouldn't dying just give him more of whatever he was suffering? Did he just not want the trouble of reporting back? Did he mean... some sort of soul death? Why would he ask that, if he was so convinced of what he knew? Maybe he, too, thought that he was just trapped in his own psyche and that death would end these hallucinations he was having.

Quote:
He repeated personal information to the scientists that only their dead spouses and parents would have known.

Well, that throws a spanner in the works of my stance... unless I say that I doubt this experiment was conducted at all. Or, like, tie myself in a pretzel pulling stuff out like "Akashic records access muddled by his own interpretation".

Seriously, though, reading this was quite the downer like watching the first and second season of Torchwood: First, there's nothing after death but the dark. Next, there's something in the dark and it's moving. Finally, there's something in the dark and it's moving and it's not friendly or pretty and everybody will go to it starting with your favorite characters. It's certainly a bleak setup!
Old 29-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Toolite

Interesting story.
GTG
Old 31-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Racer X

When Science mis-understands Spirit it surely creates a mess !

While it is true that "God" is beyond the five senses and meditation is a doorway to getting the 5 senses out of the way so when MAY experience God. This does not in itself eliminate EGO ....... in fact, EGO will roar its ugly head FIRST and in most cases for years/decades. To surgically cut those cords is complete stupidity and those doctors should be locked up for everyones safety including their own.

Of course the bitter old man did not find God! EGO was still in control , he did nothing to clear it. He took NO responsibility, he had no TRUST in God, HE had not even a shred of honesty ~

Be careful 'thinking' you can take shortcuts to God Consciousness , sometimes they may work but only because an individual has worked long and hard and is thus prepared. For instance, John Lennon broke through using LSD but many end up with Mental disorders brought about by EGO and a failure to understand its DELUSION in the land of Illusion ~

Go Slow.....
Go Steady .....
Be persistent .......
Be Kind .......

When The Intuition is developed enough to handle God Consciousness without splitting the Consciousness into pieces ...... IT WILL COME ~!
Old 21-01-2013, 04:45 AM
Terracotta

If this person indeed spoke with the dead, who turned hostile, who's to say he spoke with God? This is still a human being who only hears what is spoken to him and clearly cannot control it, and although he knew himself to be hearing the dead I doubt he knew any more about them... let alone how to verify who any of them said they were.

He was also clearly in great mental distress, and while some of what he said may have checked out with scientists he was also addled enough to become incoherent and start eating himself.

While interesting, any information about this study, if legitimate, comes through the filter of a powerless human being who is slowly losing his mind. I don't believe I need to point out how much argument there is about the real meaning and translation of other things passed to humans through humans from God.
Old 26-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Raineco

It's pure fiction. "Urban legend."
Old 05-02-2013, 05:06 AM
Pathfinder

God does not Abandone us,it is us who abandones God.
God is always there with open arms.One day he will abandone the wicked who have refused him over and over.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Master
Well the god that most believe in was never there in the first place, that is the god in the sky with the old beard. The God that truly is, is what we are, God is everything that IS, in fact there is no need to even call him, her, God. If God, if you still want to use that word, is everything, well how could he, her, ever abandon anyone ?.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Master
if god abandoned us, how did he speak to him?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Master
Probably by telephone lol, only joking.