Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Master

Contacting the dead

Hi all, I have been told or read somewhere that in the bible it says, do not contact the dead. It is forbidden. If that is the case, it may not be a good idea to learn or to become a medium. I am not a religious person and I do not believe everything it says in the bible. What are your thoughts?
Old 12-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Master
i say bunkers to that~! however, it must be remembered, that every spirit is not necessarily who they appear or claim to be, and it is my opinion that this is why the bible says that, a better safe than sorry sort of thing...
Old 12-11-2010, 04:04 AM
otto

Hi there,
Well I am a Christian, but I respect all views and ideas. I don't care for religion much. I have had some bad experiences with to much judgement not enough love of Christ...

I also know it says in the Bible The holy Spirit gives gifts of the Holy spirit as he choses. But I believe in a all Loving God that wants to help us, and help others...
So if you are given a gift say healing touch, discernment between spirits, or what have you. He wants us to help one another... And I personally see no sin in that. Take care Melanie
Old 12-11-2010, 04:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto
Hi there,
Well I am a Christian, but I respect all views and ideas. I don't care for religion much. I have had some bad experiences with to much judgement not enough love of Christ...

I also know it says in the Bible The holy Spirit gives gifts of the Holy spirit as he choses. But I believe in a all Loving God that wants to help us, and help others...
So if you are given a gift say healing touch, discernment between spirits, or what have you. He wants us to help one another... And I personally see no sin in that. Take care Melanie

neither do i, well said~!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Master
What Shabda and Otto said very well.
Thankyou I totally agree with you both.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Administrator
Hello

Comes down to LEARNING before one rushed head on into working with Spirits. NOT all are pure in intensions or whom or what they be.

We must always stop to and remember what is now a Spirit was once a living and breathing person. Someone that was LOVed by family.

Respect and work with the Higest Good and Universal Light. ( God ).

Lynn
Old 12-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Moon Willow

Here's how I see it...

People who have died, have just passed over into spirit, and if you think of yourself of being a spiritual-being having a 'human' experience, then I feel very comfortable with the idea of mediumship.

Moony
Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Deactivated Account

hi astralsuzy,

The Bible says alot of things, do you believe it all ?

I don't think there is anything wrong with contacting those on the Other Side - they were all at one time or another , here on Earth. Think of it as them moving, to another location. If you had a relative living down the street from you, and they moved to Italy - would you not still want to keep in contact with them ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-11-2010, 08:37 AM
shaya48

OUR LOVED ONES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Hi all, I have been told or read somewhere that in the bible it says, do not contact the dead. It is forbidden. If that is the case, it may not be a good idea to learn or to become a medium. I am not a religious person and I do not believe everything it says in the bible. What are your thoughts?

HI DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ, THERE ARE TOO MANY MAN MADE RULES TO RELIGION THAT FRIGHTEN, AND SCARE PEOPLE HALF TO DEATH OUR GOD LOVES US UNCONDITIONALY HE MUST CRINGE EVERY TIME SOME ONE PUTS A NEW RULE TO HIS NAME THAT HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OR AGREES WITH.
OUR LOVED ONES ARE ONLY TOO HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT THROUGH A MEDIUM TO BRING COMFORT, LOVE, REASURRANCE AND PROOF OF LIFE AFTER TO THEIR LOVED ONES, TO HELP THEM THROUGH THEIR EARTHLY GRIEF OF BEING APART FROM THEIR LOVED ONE UNTIL THEY MEET AGAIN.

YOU CANNOT LEARN TO BE A MEDIUM, THEY ARE BORN NOT MADE, OUR PATH IS NOT AN EASY ONE BUT ONE WE CHOOSE AND ARE CHOSEN FOR.

WE HAVE THE NECESSARY EXPERIENCES FOR OUR SPIRITUAL GROWTH THAT BRING US TO OUR TRUE PURPOSE HERE.

WE ARE ALWAYS GUIDED AND SHOWN THE WAY IF WE ARE TO BE LIGHT WORKERS IN GODS SERVICE.

LOVE AND LIGHT SHAYA WE NEVER LOSE OUR LOVED ONES THEY ARE WITH US AND WATCHING OVER US ALL THE TIME AND THEY KNOW EVRYTHING NEW THAT HAPPENS IN OUR LIVES, THEY KNOW IF THERE IS A NEW BABY OR CHRISTENING, THEY KNOW IF A FAMILY MEMBER GETS MARRIED, THEY KNOW ALL ABOUT US AND THEY SHARE ALL THOSE MOMENTS WITH US IN SPIRIT WITH THEIR LOVE AND THEY TRY HARD TO LET US KNOW THEY ARE AROUND US WITH THEIR LOVE, STRENGTH AND SUPPORT. SO DO OUR PETS.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:39 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy

Why would one want to contact dead people when there are good people who are alive and who give us the same information?

Has anybody ever gotten some useful information from the beyond, like "this is where I buried the loot from the bank robbery I was involved in and you do not even know about"? Or "this weeks lotto numbers will be ...."?

I have the impression that what is heard from beyond is pretty much the same all the time, "I am fine, don't worry, love you, ....." Has anyone gotten a message that says "Oh <expletive>, it is so damn hot here. We get roasted alive, errr, sorry, 'alive' might be a bit misleading."?

How many times does one need to get convinced that being dead is OK?