Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 15-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Experiencer
Romantic and spriitual....need help...

I met a man half a year ago , dated a few times, i liked his strength and his music. but he wasn't on the spiritual path , so i just let it go. i didn't believe i could match up with a man not on same path.
He had a big loss in his past and healed by a hypnotist. I was sharing this information with a friend days ago who is going thru a same trouble.
Then i suddenly got a message from this man again, and a new song he wrote.It is weird....It is like the universe heard something.
but i can't click his song, because i would be touched by that.
his music touches my soul in a deep level....i don't know why....

So now i m confused, i don't know what to do,
i came seriously on the spiritual path 2 years ago, and i left everything ego behind me,
and i discussed with many friends we all agreed that romantic feeling comes and goes and it is something belongs to ego.
A spiritual path and spiritual love is a different thing,
It doesnt mean a spriitual person cant have romantic feeling,
but it is just different way or different level different dimention,
and i m not sure where i m standing right now,
why i m touched again by this man and his music,
and what shall i do, if i let it go again, i will feel painful now,and i dont know how to tell him to go , actually, he is so kind....
and if i dont let it go, i don't know how to help a man elder than me to go on same path as me.....
Old 15-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Master
Hello,

Most of us do not travel the same path in life. We are all so unique. The key in a good relationship is mutual respect in my view. When that deep soul love bond is there, human beliefs become secondary as I see these things.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 15-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

Most of us do not travel the same path in life. We are all so unique. The key in a good relationship is mutual respect in my view. When that deep soul love bond is there, human beliefs become secondary as I see these things.

John
Thank u John. I see what u mean.
I feel deep down i m still afraid of a close relationship, the hurt the trauma from my past still inside me,
so i also tell myself i must find someone already on this path then i feel safe....
hmm...but this is not really safe, either, maybe....
Old 15-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnight1
I met a man half a year ago , dated a few times, i liked his strength and his music. but he wasn't on the spiritual path , so i just let it go. i didn't believe i could match up with a man not on same path.
He had a big loss in his past and healed by a hypnotist. I was sharing this information with a friend days ago who is going thru a same trouble.
Then i suddenly got a message from this man again, and a new song he wrote.It is weird....It is like the universe heard something.
but i can't click his song, because i would be touched by that.
his music touches my soul in a deep level....i don't know why....

So now i m confused, i don't know what to do,
i came seriously on the spiritual path 2 years ago, and i left everything ego behind me,
and i discussed with many friends we all agreed that romantic feeling comes and goes and it is something belongs to ego.
A spiritual path and spiritual love is a different thing,
It doesnt mean a spriitual person cant have romantic feeling,
but it is just different way or different level different dimention,
and i m not sure where i m standing right now,
why i m touched again by this man and his music,
and what shall i do, if i let it go again, i will feel painful now,and i dont know how to tell him to go , actually, he is so kind....
and if i dont let it go, i don't know how to help a man elder than me to go on same path as me.....

I'm not sure that the word "ego" is always useful. You can't shed your ego as easily as you think. It's a bit like trying to shed your face. The YOU is still there but you'd have no identity among others in society. You couldn't have written the post about your experience without the word "I". The moment you talk to someone you do so through your outer self - the ego. Romance is emotional expression and it never hurts to give those poor old maligned emotions a say here and there! They do colour our lives, after all!

Music interests me because of being very mixed up in it. Some will touch you deeply because it bypasses most perceptive censoring and strikes the senses direct without the need for words that can be so ambiguous. Perhaps its the most objective way to reach the senses subjectively! Consequently it reaches the emotions, can alter and adjust the emotions hence your mood. Here, it's allied to a person about whom you seem apprehensive so it's clouded by your emotional reaction to the person too. (I'm very deeply affected by a couple of (classical) composers but because they've long passed away and I would never have known them personally, I'm free of emotional reaction to the people themselves. Hope that makes sense!)

Spiritual love will radiate from you and as you're on a path it probably signs where you are on that path.

I should ponder on it a while. Should you listen, don't try to rationalise your reactions to the effect until you're sure you want to risk breaking the spell - explaining things has that effect most times. Otherwise leave it for a while. If you aren't in face-to-face contact with him now and you feel a need to be polite, thank him and say you'll listen to it when you have enough time and quiet. Then wait until you feel cool and calm to listen to it, if at all.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 15-09-2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: trimming
Old 16-09-2016, 03:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Music interests me because of being very mixed up in it. Some will touch you deeply because it bypasses most perceptive censoring and strikes the senses direct without the need for words that can be so ambiguous. Perhaps its the most objective way to reach the senses subjectively! Consequently it reaches the emotions, can alter and adjust the emotions hence your mood. Here, it's allied to a person about whom you seem apprehensive so it's clouded by your emotional reaction to the person too. (I'm very deeply affected by a couple of (classical) composers but because they've long passed away and I would never have known them personally, I'm free of emotional reaction to the people themselves. Hope that makes sense!)
Yes.....
music touches in a deeper level than any other forms of-- art,poetry ....etc ,
and it makes me clouded...
so, u r same .....but the composers u admire have long passed away... it gives u a chance to be free of emotional reaction.

I m not a musician myself,( i just love it v much.)
sometimes i m wondering if the music is the real soul of the composer?
their music is so gorgeous, is it the real person?

I m pondering today and recalling what i felt and thought about this person.
his music is actually very spiritual even the lyrics he wrote is v deeply spiritual, more than myself( I guess this is one reason i like it so much)
he has a connection with the other dimention, because those words came from there.
but when we talked about reality and the life plan, he was so realistic and not on the spiritual side.....
it is confusing , too.

So I m doing what u suggest,
i don't listen to his new song this time,
and don't talk to him till i m more clear within myself...