Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Master

My father came through in a circle I was in recently - he passed about 15 months ago. He was in good spirits and it was lovely to chat with him. I enjoyed his company and his teasing and also the opportunity to tease him.

However, I asked how mum was as she is a troubled thing - and the relatedness between us is awkward. Dad asked me to give her a message.

the message is nonsense to me, it doesn't make sense at all in any conceivable context. And I don't know how to deliver it. And I don't know why my father asked me to deliver it.

I've been sitting on it for a fortnight or so, and I saw mum today and was wrestling with this message. I mean - what do I say - I was talking to dad the other day and he said to tell you this?

I started to get cross about having to deliver the message - I mean - why. Why me. It's not as if mum sees me favourably, the connection between us is complex but well on the mend.

I made the decision to leave it, to not deliver the message for the meanwhile as it was causing me angst and that is not what my father would want. But, I'm left with this worry and somewhat dilemma. If I don't pass the message on - so what. And why, why did dad asked me to pass it on when he knew I would find it tricky.

I have no attachment to the meaningless message. Dad said that mum would know what it means. And that's ok for me. But all in all, hm. It's sitting there this issue, and sometimes when I open the box it is in, it troubles me.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Guide

Just tell your mom, say mom does this (insert message here) mean anything to you? Sometimes people are closed off to the messages of others. Like if two friends or even a couple are on bad terms sometimes it takes a third person to help mend the issue and the rift between them. Or perhaps they are just not as open as someone else is to reason or to a message.

And what is the worst she can say? Not much really, try not to worry so much. My dad would always say, what's the worst that guy can say? No? Or sorry we aren't looking to hire you. If your a really that afraid just write it down on a note and hand it to her and see how she reacts. That way it will cut past the awkwardness of stringing together a sentence that makes sense without any misunderstandings.

I told my mom I dreamt about grandpa, and I also told her I walked with him to the back of the house, I told him to go find his happy place and shut the door on his face :P meh it was kind of mean but I wanted him to be happy and not worry about us. She simply laughed and said that was a silly dream. But I never told her how cold he felt or that I was sleeping in his room that day.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Knower
I read your post and it is very selfish to not pass the information along. That message is for her to understand and can be a catalyst to a change in the both of you relationship. Please rethink it.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Administrator
Hello

As a Medium its a fine line what messages are passed on and what are not. It was a circle where Belle had the connection to her Dad, and a message was passed on....from there the choice to pass it on further stands alone with the one that go the message. If her Dad wanted his wife to get the message he would find a way to pass it along. Many times the message we get to pass along holds more of a message for us on how to maybe open a door to better communicators with someone we struggle with in life. I have as a Medium had messages passed to be passed on that would do more harm than good so I choose not to share them but to find a way to open doors around what was said that holds a greater good.

I do not fnd it selfish to keep things back at times, as one learns to listen to how it would feel to receive and how those doors it might open might do more harm than good. The message could trigger something in memory that is best let be silent.

I would be welcome to try and shed insights to the message Belle if one wants to PM me. Then it might help one better to understand what it means or if it can be maybe passed along in a different way.

Lynn
Old 05-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Knower
To Lynn, why does the medium make that determination if they are just the vessel? how does the medium know how the final recipient of the message will handle it? just seeking clarification.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Master

Hi -

This was in transfiguration so the medium wasn't filtering what was coming through so much.

NewtotheLife I totally understand why you think it's selfish but we can only do the best and the relationship between my mother and I is fractious and it's treading on egg shells. We have had a tricky time and now I keep things very light and fluffy in order to develop a more stable position to build a safe healing environment. It won't happen overnight - but I want her to feel secure around me without her feeling she can manipulate me any more.

Dad will know this and so I'm confused by him wanting me to do the work. the message may be just what she needs to take the next step, I just don't know how to find a way. If it weren't my mother, I wouldn't care so deeply.

Falseawakening - she can and has made my life incredibly unhappy in the past and I'm not willing to take the risk - I guess I don't trust her.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtotheLife
To Lynn, why does the medium make that determination if they are just the vessel? how does the medium know how the final recipient of the message will handle it? just seeking clarification.

Hello

Its a vibration or an inner knowing on the deep level of intuition that a Medium can feel. We are the vessel for the message but too we hold a responsibility to hold the highest and greatest good of the one getting the message in mind.

We can feel the energy of the Spirit that is with us and in that we can feel the insertions there in the vibration they give off. The saying it "makes your skin crawl" is one feeling that might be present or the gut tightens up. One has a moment of hesitation in speaking the message ext.

Why at times when doing platform work I will say to someone I will see you after in private for a message instead of just blurting it out.

Lynn
Old 05-10-2013, 08:25 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
And I don't know how to deliver it. And I don't know why my father asked me to deliver it.

This is a good suggestion ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
say mom does this (insert message here) mean anything to you? .

Quote:
Why me. It's not as if mum sees me favourably, the connection between us is complex but well on the mend.

You & your father made a spiritual connection making it possible for him to ask you to deliver a message to your mother ...

Quote:
Dad said that mum would know what it means.

Your father is a spirit who cannot/would not cause harm ...
The content of the message is not one to be decided if it would cause harm or would be in your mother's best interest ...
It is simply to be delivered in the best manner possible as was suggested above ...
The truth can be painful as well as be a relief ...

The only time I would question a message or delivering it would be if I thought it might not have been a true connection w/a [particular] spirit ...
Old 05-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Its a vibration or an inner knowing on the deep level of intuition that a Medium can feel. We are the vessel for the message but too we hold a responsibility to hold the highest and greatest good of the one getting the message in mind.

We can feel the energy of the Spirit that is with us and in that we can feel the insertions there in the vibration they give off. The saying it "makes your skin crawl" is one feeling that might be present or the gut tightens up. One has a moment of hesitation in speaking the message ext.

Why at times when doing platform work I will say to someone I will see you after in private for a message instead of just blurting it out.

Lynn

Thank you.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Master

I was in a similar situation not long ago, where the spirit of X wanted me to give a message from her to Y. Both are my relatives.Telling that this was an actual message from the other side would have brought both disbelief and ridicule. So I chose to instead tell Y that 'I had this strangest dream last night; X came to me and told me to tell you that ....." It worked; the message was delivered.