Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-05-2019, 09:16 PM
Knower
how long you studied or researched

just out of intrest how long have you studied or researched religion and beliefs and paranormal topics.
i used to like the paranormal in the late 90's and the early 2000's but there was this eerie sort of feeling it's like back then you wasn't allowed to speak out about certain things as people would go missing or strange visitors outside your house that people would report, it does seem to feel safer to speak out and many are doing so on youtube as if it's a hidden truth, but you may get the odd video or topic deleted, it does make you think about it all.
i 1st heard about spiritualism from most haunted, probably not the best place for information but then after researching it moved on to lightworker's and all this recent new age beliefs. when i was younger i went to christian school and all that sort of thing was taught to you back then but after school when you go to college you start to explore and check everything yeah.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Master

I have been studying for over 40 years, since I was a teenager in the late 1970s.

My core practice is Yoga and the study of Yogic practices and philosophies, as well as the lives of Yogis.

But my interests range from Astrology to Zen, including Theosophy, Gurdjieff, Sufism, Taoism, mystery traditions, the occult, most aspects of the New Age, etc etc etc.

So much to learn, so little time. It is all good fun.

Peace.
Old 14-05-2019, 11:42 PM
Knower
that's a long time, do you feel like you've been searching for a lifetime but not really found the answer yet? i noticed at youtube videos will pop up that suggests the answer is you meaning go within, that's quite hard to believe at 1st as most people believe in a creator or a main god or many gods and goddesses like a combined effort of different roles running the show, but where some of the spiritual masters say go within for the hidden truth's, it feels strange especially when you know what the christian perspective is to this and when your still sort of exploring to figure thing's out.
Old 15-05-2019, 02:00 AM
Master

There is a difference between studying and searching.

And there is a difference between searching and finding.

I found what I wanted over 30 years ago, so I no longer seek.

And yes, that which we seek is found within and (for me) meditation is the key to finding it.

So I do not study to find any answers. I study because it is interesting and it is inspiring and it expands my mental processes and I simply enjoy it.

Peace.
Old 15-05-2019, 03:32 AM
Knower
Christianity/Judaism: 20+ years, since early childhood

Biology/Chemistry: 20+ years, also since early childhood

Norse/Greek/Roman mythology: 15+ years

Ancient Egyptian/Middle Eastern/Eurasian paganism: 15+ years

Japanese/Polynesian spirituality: 10-15 years

Agnosticism/Nihilism/Hedonism: 5-10 years

Electromagnetism/Thermodynamics: 5+ years

Prehistoric/Paleolithic spirituality: 5+ years
Old 15-05-2019, 05:59 AM
Master
My parents forced me to go to bible study when i was in my teens. But i didn't pay much attention so that doesn't really count. I was forced to go to Catholic school but that can't count either. As you don't really learn anything in school. Paranormal topics do appear interesting. But too lazy to actually study. I have watched ghost movies. Some were "supposedly" inspired or based on actual events. Not sure if that counts for much. All in all i would say a good 4 or 5 minutes.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Knower
i noticed where people are part of one path then move on to another then sometimes go back to an old path, it's like we are moving around alot almost as if you cant really settle for good in any of these paths, but you can take points of intrest from each path to use to suit how you feel.
Old 16-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
My parents forced me to go to bible study when i was in my teens. But i didn't pay much attention so that doesn't really count. I was forced to go to Catholic school but that can't count either. As you don't really learn anything in school. Paranormal topics do appear interesting. But too lazy to actually study. I have watched ghost movies. Some were "supposedly" inspired or based on actual events. Not sure if that counts for much. All in all i would say a good 4 or 5 minutes.

Unthought know. You've already paid your dues in previous lives