Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
And whoever is reporting me for being myself...would you please stop now...thanks in advance..
It certainly is not me. I have no issues with you. I consider you a forum friend.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:22 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Thank you for apologizing.
In regards to this post, i wonder if you beleive that 'being yourself' can also become a tune played over and over to others ears. It can feel like the one singing that tune is the one 'being stuck' and 'holding onto that niggle' to others.
I share this in love.

Thankyou.....for sharing this...you have opened me to see some sadness in me yes..you are right...I think today I can let this go...

I listened in love James...
Old 07-02-2013, 04:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Thankyou.....for sharing this...you have opened me to see some sadness in me yes..you are right...I think today I can let this go...

I listened in love James...

You are a beautiful person Silent. Thank you for the love you bring.

Good night..........
Old 07-02-2013, 04:26 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Yes you bring up a great point skeptical....the dots....merging worlds.....it makes sense....bringing unity in this way.......but I always knew that union was in me...so makes sense....I use them first...to speak and then to share.....
Share and share alike; 'tis all good....
Old 07-02-2013, 04:26 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
It certainly is not me. I have no issues with you. I consider you a forum friend.

I am glad its not you James..I do respect you..I always have...

This is turning into a good old vent thread...my apologizes to all ears and eyes..but sometime a girl has to do what a girl has to do....to find her centre and get on with the real intention of being her at sf...to help and support and share...tough ******* if you see it as guidance...all your rules you make to suit you....when all intentions are from a loving space...
Old 07-02-2013, 04:28 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
You are a beautiful person Silent. Thank you for the love you bring.

Good night..........

And you James are too....thankyou for bringing the love today...
Old 07-02-2013, 04:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptical
What if someone has insights into an issue another struggles with? Should they then generalize it so the other won't see it as their own?

If a person has issues it's their perogative to say so if they want and ask for assistance if they need it... and this is where come to speak of empowerment and confidence. It's really such an involved subject, and I've noticed that a lot of people don't really understand the delicate intricacy of it all... certainly the mirror and the ego are crude implements to use when the art of it so refined.

Other peoples issues... generally speaking, and despite the ideals of love acceptance and letting go, people have darn good reason for keeping protective devices in place, and often times that results from old trauma and/or neglect... There will always come a time when the protection isn't needed anymore and it'll be dropped, but prying open doors causes damage, so the keeper of the key needs to turn the lock as they are willing, or able.

Generalizing issues but meaning a single particular person is basically insinuation. Generalizing would be impersonal because it references several incidents over a wide timespan. If the communication is directed specifically, it's far more sensitive, and when speaking on a topic it's entirely unnecessary, but I'm sure you've noticed that personal things often become the focus. People post topics but intend to get personal. Intent isn't always clear, and it's often concealed.

Personally, because every person has life issues, I don't really care about it or need to fix it, moreso I just take 'em as they come and let it be... but not passively, I purposely avoid some people and I hang out with others, but not discriminately, it's only a matter of preference.

The self determination which any person has to either lock the door or open it is the crucial and essential basis of both empowerment and self confidence. Empowerment is the ability to choose (self determination). Influencing people, coercing them and asserting what their issues are reduces their self determination and disempowers them. Being there if they want to talk, assisting them in what they decide to do and encouraging them in their desision is empowering them. Telling them what their problem is and what to do about it and pulling them into your course of action disempowers them.

When a person identifies their issue themselves, ascertains what they need, chooses a course of action and acts... the success they have instills them with confidence as see their choices benefit them. If they make bad choices or fail, they themselves need to get back up, try something else, and persevere, sometimes they need a hand but always on their own terms ... either way it's their perogative, and it doesn't matter to me, I like them or dislike them the same anyway.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:36 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptical
Someone is reporting you for authenticity?

yes I am sure they do it ..because use that space to build their own power from external power...when they have it all in them...

I guess the inner child plays out in ways where we use the system to make our world more secure....when in fact the system is what robs us of our power...
Old 07-02-2013, 05:18 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If a person has issues it's their perogative to say so if they want and ask for assistance if they need it... and this is where come to speak of empowerment and confidence. It's really such an involved subject, and I've noticed that a lot of people don't really understand the delicate intricacy of it all... certainly the mirror and the ego are crude implements to use when the art of it so refined.
It's true people will bring up their issues when they want them noticed...everywhere I turn people are doing so, reaching out. Yet often they don't want insight, what they want is to be told they are right, everything is horrible and poor dears. Fortunately not always. I do empower people, give them the tools they need if they should decide to use them to build their self confidence and trust, to learn to love themselves. I do once in a while do so before someone brings it up if I notice an ongoing pattern, but you're right, often in such cases, it is not well accepted for the person is not ready for it. That is not always true however. Sometimes it is just what is needed for the person to start seeing things in a new light and so I will continue to not use hard and fast rules but follow my reads and intuition as to what is the right course of action in each case. No two people are alike.

For myself, if someone notes something I was not aware of, I never reject it out of hand. I consider it, and if it doesn't make sense, put it aside. Often another insight will show from another source and the two combined will be powerful indeed.

I dislike jargon, the jargon of belief systems, or science as it often provides a barrier to clear communication. I wonder if you may be reacting to the words rather than the message? I have to make sure I don't, consciously.

Quote:
Other peoples issues... generally speaking, and despite the ideals of love acceptance and letting go, people have darn good reason for keeping protective devices in place, and often times that results from old trauma and/or neglect... There will always come a time when the protection isn't needed anymore and it'll be dropped, but prying open doors causes damage, so the keeper of the key needs to turn the lock as they are willing, or able.

Those protective devices served while someone was in a situation where there was active harm they could not leave. The problem arises when they are generalized to deal with life in general, blocking them from living it fully. I speak as a trained clinical counselor; therapy is often about helping people overcome this. Prying open doors does not do damage, but it can trigger the fear the person is afraid to face. It is their choice however to not face it, to hide away and not be empowered.

Quote:
Generalizing issues but meaning a single particular person is basically insinuation. Generalizing would be impersonal because it references several incidents over a wide timespan. If the communication is directed specifically, it's far more sensitive, and when speaking on a topic it's entirely unnecessary, but I'm sure you've noticed that personal things often become the focus. People post topics but intend to get personal. Intent isn't always clear, and it's often concealed.

People relate and process differently. Some do filter through the interpersonal and they will relate and convey it this way. That is all it is, truly. It's almost impossible not to do at times when someone is naturally highly intuitive and empathic and for some, it is the natural way of relating to what they take in. I happen to be highly intuitive, empathic but I don't interpret filtered through me. I am not wired that way.

Quote:
Personally, because every person has life issues, I don't really care about it or need to fix it, moreso I just take 'em as they come and let it be... but not passively, I purposely avoid some people and I hang out with others, but not discriminately, it's only a matter of preference.
We all have preferences. I am also not on a mission to fix people; however people come to me expecting me to. (I left the psychology profession decades ago.) I trust they do have their own path and they have full choice in how they wish to follow it. I am very good at reading people and seeing how to empower; I am not interested though if they are not truly in fully empowering themselves to live fully, authentically and uninhibited by fears.

Quote:
The self determination which any person has to either lock the door or open it is the crucial and essential basis of both empowerment and self confidence. Empowerment is the ability to choose (self determination). Influencing people, coercing them and asserting what their issues are reduces their self determination and disempowers them. Being there if they want to talk, assisting them in what they decide to do and encouraging them in their desision is empowering them. Telling them what their problem is and what to do about it and pulling them into your course of action disempowers them.
OK, there I fully disagree. No one can take anyone's power away. We can only choose to give it away or take it back for ourselves. We really do have free will, even if we can't see it because of our own issues.
True coercion can't happen on this board; coercion is something along the lines of "I will kill you if you don't do x" and even then the person has the choice of agreeing or not and facing the cost.

Quote:
When a person identifies their issue themselves, ascertains what they need, chooses a course of action and acts... the success they have instills them with confidence as see their choices benefit them. If they make bad choices or fail, they themselves need to get back up, try something else, and persevere, sometimes they need a hand but always on their own terms ... either way it's their perogative, and it doesn't matter to me, I like them or dislike them the same anyway.
So others should not help them along the way? What has your liking or disliking someone have to do with it?

No matter what others note or say, people will do what they will in any case. No one can make anyone do anything truly.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:23 AM
skeptical

Quote:
yes I am sure they do it ..because use that space to build their own power from external power...when they have it all in them...

I guess the inner child plays out in ways where we use the system to make our world more secure....when in fact the system is what robs us of our power...
In seeking to control, they are controlled.