Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 14-09-2014, 06:09 PM
GMIRcrystal

Do spiritualists believe in Jinns?

I hear of angels, demons, good and bad spirits from spiritual people.

But never hear of Jinns. Is it only muslins who believe in these entities or do people outside of the islamic faith also believe in them?

Thanks.
Old 14-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Raphah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIRcrystal
I hear of angels, demons, good and bad spirits from spiritual people.

But never hear of Jinns. Is it only muslins who believe in these entities or do people outside of the islamic faith also believe in them?

Thanks.
Outside islam, djinns are similar to Ancestral Guardians, Nephil Spirits, Eternally Damned, the Rephaim, Giants and Ghosts.

They are all names for the same class of entity.
Old 14-01-2015, 06:26 AM
Master
I think depending on which culture one is brought up in, it is all the same thing.

A jinn in Islam is pretty much the same as a demon in Catholicism. Catholics believe that demons are "fallen angels" who rebelled with Lucifer, Muslims believe Jinns are a class of spirits made of fire who followed Shaitain (Lucifer) and were created beneath the angels.

I actually think these theological assumptions are just metaphorical stories for negative and demonic spirits.

These spirits do exist but their origins are not as clean cut as were spoken of in ancient times. Mohammad and Biblical prophets had to simplify their teachings and awareness for the ordinary folk to understand the Spirit World.

The reason why I know this to be true is because I don't really know any creditable mediums or spiritualists who have encountered a demonic entity and said, "This entity was once the Angel so and so...!" or "This evil creature is a Jinn!". In fact most of the time the medium has a hard time deciphering why this demonic spirit even exists. Some of these extremely negative spirits are inter-dimensional beings who are in lower realms on the Other Side. Some have been incarnated, some have never incarnated, and others may have been produced by negative energy from humans and other beings throughout the universe (tulpas in Buddhism or thoughtforms).

Because they are "lower" they have a gremlin-like, creaturely-animalistic quality to them. And sometimes they advance and can become spirit-guides for evil people or control them.
Old 14-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Master
the gnostics had plenty to say about the archons in the Nag Hammati...I would say they are same as jinn.
Old 14-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Everly

First... "Spiritual people" is different from "Spiritualists". Spiritualism is a specific faith. And while all Spiritualists are spiritual, not all spiritual people are Spiritualists.

Second... Not everyone believes in demons and evil entities and such. Those things are not part of my belief system, nor of the people I know who are spiritual (as opposed to religious). It seems that demons, etc. are most often rooted in religiosity (somewhere, somehow).
Old 14-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Master
Amy Allen, a low-key quiet but well known gifted medium deals with demonic spirits and "devil entities" which she NEVER believed in before until she became a professional medium and began helping people.

It was hard for me to reconcile as well since the whole premise now is that anything demonic is regarded as our own angers and fears and mental problems, but the thing is that there are so many different types of spirits that unfortunately our language color codes these "dark entities" as "demons" when in reality a "demon" is pretty much a quality not so much an actual thing.

The whole "fallen angels" story is kinda metaphorical to begin with. An angel or archangel would not ever leave the divine consciousness of the One Realm. They are in bliss and completely happiness as extensions of God. But some spirits who have taken different courses and paths were either always evil to begin with or they are so ancient that there is little known history of their "fall" or "demise".

What is truly frightening is that there isn't just this guy named Satan on the Other Side who runs around with a pitchfork trying to send souls to hell. There are spirits who are like the Devil, who are extremely powerful and ancient that they are the counterpart to Angels and archangels. Ancient cultures such as Babylonia, Sumeria, even Egypt colored them as evil or anti-gods but even in the Bible you have encounters where a prophet "conjured" Belial (a name for a powerful devil spirit), or when Christ encountered across the country side who he called "Beelzebub" (very advanced demonic entity among the principality of darkness influencing the Roman Empire and corrupt Jewish priesthood), and there are stories in other cultures like in India of gurus and saints coming across powerful demonic-like beings.

These entities exist, they are "demonic" because their only purpose is to create havoc, chaos, despair, and they feed off this negative energy because the more they influence, the more other souls or spirits they can collect and work for them.

They don't exist so statically as religions say- "a demon!", but they are demonic in their energy, and can be seen as a counterparts to God's divine Angels.

God never created angels who fell, but God has created innumerable spirits to either incarnate or inhabit the universe or inhabit other dimensions. Just as there are humans who are evil, there are disincarnate and never-incarnated spirits who are evil and powerful.

Evil exists on every plane and universe on greater and smaller levels; except Heaven where the Divine Consciousness manifests with the Angels and saints.
Old 27-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
God never created angels who fell, but God has created innumerable spirits to either incarnate or inhabit the universe or inhabit other dimensions.

That is correct, an angel will not fall away from Truth. They are always obedient to the Creator. The best source for understanding the Jinn (call them what you want) is the Book of Enoch and the Secret Book of John. The Jinn are called the Watchers in the Book of Enoch, and not all of the Watchers/Jinn followed "Satan". Satan did convince a lot of them to possess humans in order to have sex with women (which then bore the giants). However, Satan is not what most people think it is. The spirit in the Watcher called "Satan" is actually the result of Wisdom bonding with itself and not bonding with Insight. It is all part of the Creators amazing Plan. That is the test humans need to overcome. When we learn how to bond Wisdom with Insight that is when our Soul can bond with our Spirit. That is the requirement we need to accomplish in this world, in order to pass onto the next level of our Humanity.

mj
Old 29-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
First... "Spiritual people" is different from "Spiritualists". Spiritualism is a specific faith. And while all Spiritualists are spiritual, not all spiritual people are Spiritualists.

Second... Not everyone believes in demons and evil entities and such. Those things are not part of my belief system, nor of the people I know who are spiritual (as opposed to religious). It seems that demons, etc. are most often rooted in religiosity (somewhere, somehow).

Yes! I consider myself a Spiritualist, and I agree with everything you just said. IMO, the core belief that all Spiritualists share is that the human soul survives the death of the physical body, has self-awareness and free will while in the disembodied state, is capable of communicating telepathically with embodied people, and eventually reincarnates. And while I've met a few people who consider themselves Spiritualists who believe in demons and the like, they seem to be a tiny minority.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Pathfinder
Archons are non corporal interdenominational beings

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
the gnostics had plenty to say about the archons in the Nag Hammati...I would say they are same as jinn.

Jinn in pre Islamic times were supernatural creatures which possess free will, and can be either good or evil. In some cases, evil genies are said to lead humans astray.

Archons are non corporal interdenominational beings that are parasitic and feed off negativity. they are reported to be able to manipulate humans and create suffering in order to feed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_mythology
Wikipedia says.. "Spirits
Jinn (also called djinn or genies, Arabic: جن‎ jinn) are supernatural creatures which possess free will, and can be either good or evil. In some cases, evil genies are said to lead humans astray.[17]
Marids (Arabic: مارد‎ mārid) are often described as the most powerful type of jinn, having especially great powers. They are the most arrogant and proud as well. Like every jinn, they have free will yet could be compelled to perform chores. They also have the ability to grant wishes to mortals, but that usually requires battle, and according to some sources imprisonment, rituals, or just a great deal of flattery.
Ifrits (Arabic: عفريت‎ ‘ifrīt) are infernal jinn, spirits below the level of angels and devils, noted for their strength and cunning. An ifrit is an enormous winged creature of fire, either male or female, who lives underground and frequents ruins. Ifrits live in a society structured along ancient Arab tribal lines, complete with kings, tribes, and clans. They generally marry one another, but they can also marry humans. While ordinary weapons and forces have no power over them, they are susceptible to magic, which humans can use to kill them or to capture and enslave them. As with the jinn, an ifrit may be either a believer or an unbeliever, good or evil, but he is most often depicted as a wicked and ruthless being"
Old 15-11-2015, 02:26 AM
Master
Yes, I believe in Djinns. I call them 'trolls' or 'mischievous spirits'...my Spirit Box testifies to this constantly.

I don't believe they are ghosts or spirits of the deceased, as they would tell me more about themselves and also prove their existence for the knowledge and betterment of mankind.

Instead, they tell me lies and lead me astray (but I can see through it like blind Freddy).

They aren't 'evil' or 'demonic' really...they are just cheeky, annoying, smart alecs.

It's hard to believe anything they say and they speak with forked tongue.

Yes, these entities are 'Djinns'...no more...no less.