Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Matthewof1989

a hurdle...

so i've been trying for the last 2 years or so to ap. i've had one very real experience when trying to phase but i've never had the vibrations or the experience of actually leaving my body. i've used the monroe institute cd's and several other binaural tracks. never got anywhere. the last couple of nights though i've been using this cd called "shamanic journey" which is just shamanic repetitive drumming and it works! well, only after i take off my head phones and try to sleep. lol once i do that my whole body starts vibrating. like i'm being electrocuted or something! im sure this is the vibration stage that people talk about as being the proper time to leave your body. the only problem is that im half asleep and cant process that it is what it is. it scares me and i try to make it go away unconsciously. how can i train myself to not be afraid in when it happens. i feel i'm getting so close finally! any advice?
Old 27-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Master

Just keep practicing and you will get so used to it that eventually it will not bother you anymore. You could tell yourself if I get vibrations I do not care about it as it cannot harm me. Do not expect to get vibrations to ap. We can get vibrations and there are times when we do not get vibrations.
It is great that you found a CD that works for you. Everyone is different so different things work for different people. I do not ap when I listen to the ap CD but it helps you to deeply relax and to get into the ap mood making ap a lot easier to do.
Old 27-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Master
Matthew... The vibrations don't need to be processed, just accepted and eased on through. They show up for the brief period of transitioning out of the body.

Instead, when they appear head out to a pre-chosen target, a familiar spot in your home to begin with.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 28-04-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 28-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Master
I think to be successful, you need a strong intent. When you want something really badly, you will overide the fears.

One does not always feel vibrations to leave the body. I've had 3 successful ap's over the years. The first was a forced one. A spirit yanked me to another dimension while I was wide awake. The second one was my interest in trying to ap. I relaxed, thought real hard about reaching the ceiling and I was there. The last one, was a recent one. My intent was to meditate into a relaxed state and try to help a friend solve a case (I was not helpful at all being a novice). I ended up feeling a vibration throughout my body as others described and thought to myself that I should ap immediately, and I just got up and into ap. The next time you feel the vibrations, just up and go!
Old 28-04-2012, 04:00 AM
sahaja

I don't think the vibrations are directly connected to astral projection. I think they are Kundalini. Look it up, especially the signs and symptoms. The warnings are real (as to the extreme cases) they don't even begin to describe how horrific it is. BUT - That is also extremely rare. 1 in a billion? Millions anyway. Or I would have been able to find more in 23 years. I projected many times before and since the Kundalini thing without vibrations or any problems. I only remember experiencing them preceding the Kundalini, multiple times and intense. I see them mentioned here often with no ill effects. It doesn't surprise me that there would be Kundalini activity in connection with astral projection or any related areas of consciousness. Those who have gone through the extremes of it for many years, seem to agree that no one really knows much about Kundalini, including all the authorities on it. (But everyone has an opinion about it).
Old 28-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Master
The key to conquering all fear is first identifying what exactly you are scared of. I advise you think long and hard about what is causing the fear, typically it is fear of the unknown. Learning as much as is possible about the subject can help with that so that there is not so many unknowns out there. Other than that everyone else's advice is good, just keep practicing.
Old 28-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Master
Sahaja... If this type of vibrations were kundalini everyone who experiences them in astral projection would be kundalini awakened... and clearly they are not.

Xan

Old 29-04-2012, 01:17 AM
sahaja

To Xan

I'm new at forums. Can't take the time right now to figure out how to post a reply within a thread.

I didn't realize that everyone who astrally projected had to vibrate every time. So in that case all those times I projected and never vibrated could not have been actual projections since vibrations are ONLY felt during astral projection and NEVER experienced in conjunction with any other phenomena?

There are some who would say that of course everyone who projects has an awakened Kundalini or they wouldn't be able to project. As I said, lots of opinions, no knowledge, and lots of ideas, practices, beliefs, and differing terminology.

I don't know what an awakened Kundalini would be. I'm sure there are many who profess to know. I wonder if the original meaning hasn't been so muddied as to be lost in the babel.

My only concern is the 'extreme'. I just came across that term and I like it.It
describes without judgment or diagnosis. The chances are next to nil of it happening. From what I've found, you don't have to be doing or not doing anything. From the point of available information, regardless of popular idea, it just happens to some people and no one really knows why.

Vibrations are on the list of symptoms, it wouldn't hurt to have some knowledge of it, just in case.
Old 29-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Rumar

Keep in mind that sensations one feels is different for everyone, some feel paralysis, some feel vibrations, some feel pressure, and some don't feel anything at all but the body and mind grow used to any sensations and in time you will no longer feel them because of the body's tolerance. Kind of like how one would live in high elevation, they will be uneasy and uncomfortable at first but in time they won't feel the sensations and stress anymore.

To go about the sensations and rely on them aren't going to help you because you'll eventually hit a bigger obstacle than just starting off and that's being able to continue. It's great to read others' experiences and their own techniques and whichever works for you is good to start off with but the main goal is independence so that you don't have to rely on anyone else but yourself. To just get up and go all in your control and so forth, that's the ultimate plan of action.
Old 29-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Master
sahaja: To Xan

I'm new at forums. Can't take the time right now to figure out how to post a reply within a thread.

Hi sahaja...

Click on "Quote" below the message box.

I didn't realize that everyone who astrally projected had to vibrate every time.

They don't. Many people never do, and some only in the beginning.

There are some who would say that of course everyone who projects has an awakened Kundalini or they wouldn't be able to project.

Kundalini is not the only energy form and flow we have, of course.

In fact, we naturally go out of body nearly every time we sleep, at least a little ways. The difference in practicing ap is, it is conscious rather than unconscious.

I don't know what an awakened Kundalini would be. I'm sure there are many who profess to know. I wonder if the original meaning hasn't been so muddied as to be lost in the babel.

Yes, there's a lot of confusion about it. Here's a thread on the subject: Kundalini Rising - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8082

Xan