Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 23-11-2023, 10:34 PM
Knower

Mediumship and alcohol use

Hello all,

Over the last 18 months I've been aware of some psychic sensitivity, especially regarding spirit communication. I've been attending an open circle for a few months.

However, it doesn't really feel as if it's progressing at all, and I still feel very much at the starting block despite 18 months having passed. If anything, it feels as if it's reversing. My pre-cog dreams all seem to have stopped too, as well as my hypnogogic voices/aura energy connections etc.

I use alcohol. I drink on probably 5 evenings within any 7. On those five evenings, 2 will be moderate, 2 will be something best described as a little more than I should, but 1 evening a week usually ends up with a binge (a few beers and a whole bottle of Baileys type of thing). Or I'll end up in bars on Saturday night getting home around 5am.

I've recognised it as a problem for some time, and it's the only thing in my whole life I've never been able to beat. I flat out fail at trying to stop drinking alcohol. It's too stimulating in a way I crave. Ideally, though, I'd love to stop now.

Here's the thing. I keep feeling plagued with thoughts that alcohol is a certain block to mediumship. That if I entirely stopped drinking, my mediumship would begin progressing well. I often feel that these thoughts aren't my own, and are spirit communications, or intuition from my higher self.

Am I correct? Does alcohol use block communication with the spirit world? Has anybody here ever had a similar dilemma that they overcame? Did your psychic sensitivity improve when you stopped consuming alcohol?
Old 24-11-2023, 04:04 AM
Master
Sobriety is important and essential to a spiritual path, and you know that, but the addiction is really strong.
I was a big drinker some years ago, and smoked more dope than Bob Marley and the Wailers. I was continuously intoxicated for like 25 years or something, but now I'm completely sober.
I have no idea how I did it, and was always on the brink of falling off that wagon. It's a fine line, and I guess I just got lucky.
Old 24-11-2023, 05:19 AM
Master

Jane Roberts who channeled the Seth Material used to have a glass or two of wine before she sat down to meditate.
Old 24-11-2023, 07:21 AM
Master

Hi Bluto .... Let's get the Elephant out of the room first ... Excessive alcohol blocks EVERYTHING , not just mediumship. Hands up who had gone through several hours in a "blackout" because of booze ??!!! I know I have !!

All that aside , I have GOT to applaud you for your honesty about your drinking habits .
Your admission about your habit is akin to someone standing up at AA and saying to the group that they have a problem. That takes guts to admit to.

I do not know if you know but AA is akin to a religious meeting as in its connection to God and the 12 steps etc . It's not for everyone . My husband is a recovering alcoholic and AA did in fact save his life. However, he does not attend meetings anymore as he feels it's not for him. He had been sober now for many years...
But now to myself .
The addiction I had for well over 40 years is now killing me . I am going to die from it. That's tobacco. No illegal substances, just cigs .
Do I have regrets ? NO. Life has been hard for me being an Empath/ extra Sensitive, and reports show that most people like me need some stimulant in order to get through the day .. many might dis agree but I beg to differ.
But after a lifetime of smoking I stopped just over 3 years ago when I was in hospital .
I absolutely do NOT crave a cig.
But saying that I know I am now drinking too much red wine to compensate !!!

For these reasons I never judge . I know how hard it is to kick an addiction and actually my heart goes out more to people that are battling addiction or habit than those that are not but judge others ....
Am I an Angel ???????
Yes of course I am. I maybe a fallen one but I'm still an Angel...
Old 24-11-2023, 08:16 AM
Master

I’m all for moderation in most things including wine! Didn’t Buddha say, take the middle path………errrrr…….no need to be a drunkard and no need to abstain lol
Just can’t see a problem with a glass of wine (or 2, when LFC is playing) tbh.
Didnt Jesus turn the water into wine!!! (He knew it was great stuff) ha
Old 24-11-2023, 08:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I’m all for moderation in most things including wine! Didn’t Buddha say, take the middle path………errrrr…….no need to be a drunkard and no need to abstain lol
Just can’t see a problem with a glass of wine (or 2, when LFC is playing) tbh.
Didnt Jesus turn the water into wine!!! (He knew it was great stuff) ha
Oh gosh yes ...no problem at all with a couple of glasses of wine etc , as you say especially when Liverpool playing or during world cup etc !!!!!
Old 24-11-2023, 10:29 AM
Administrator
Using alcohol when communicating with spirit is not recommended when the medium is speaking they will drink water not alcohol.
the use of Alcohol will and can stop you from progressing because think about it, when you are drunk anything can come out of your mouth.
you have no filter so why would spirit want to connect to you if you drink all the time,
Cut down on your drinking if you are serious about wanting to connect with spirit,

Namaste
Old 24-11-2023, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I have no idea how I did it, and was always on the brink of falling off that wagon. It's a fine line, and I guess I just got lucky.

Never would've imagined, you come across as a very disciplined person!
Old 24-11-2023, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
Am I correct? Does alcohol use block communication with the spirit world? Has anybody here ever had a similar dilemma that they overcame? Did your psychic sensitivity improve when you stopped consuming alcohol?

I rarely drink, like only at special occasions a few beer. I'm not particularly sociable and not extroverted so it's rare and months without a drink can be the norm for me.
Hmm I don't know about the relationship with spirituality but I can guess it is not really beneficial because it dulls the senses. It lacks control and being present in the moment, you become an (un)willing servant, even if it's just for a few hours and in moderation, to a drug. Maybe in moderation it is not as big a deal but it is still not really beneficial. Also more and more info is coming out that drinking in moderation is also not good for the body.
Old 25-11-2023, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Never would've imagined, you come across as a very disciplined person!
It's actually my strong tendency to go off track that makes order and routine work best for me. It's ironic and paradoxical.