Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 PM
misscelt

Advice on How To Focus?

This is probably a silly question for most of you, but my greatest hurdle (so far) in anything spiritual is how to focus... meditation is no problem (probably because there is a visualization and the brain is entertained... or you empty your mind which is also ok)... it is just the focus on ONE thing that I need help with. Seems like if I try to focus on a candle flame, my breath or any one specific thing I can only do it for about a minute. I think there is a part of me that says "I don't wanna do this, its boring."

Any tips or advice?
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Master

I got a Sodalite crystal I'm holding. It grounds me mentally and helps my focus a lot.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
misscelt

Oooh, I have a few of those! Thanks, I will have to try that! :)
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Master

Hold it, don't just have it nearby. Skin contact is important, at least for Sodalites. I have done tests with mediums watching who are capable of studying my energy fields minutely, and touching it is like flicking over a switch into ON. The second I let go its effect on me ends.

When I do remote visualizing I some times let it lie on my brow. Whether it makes a difference from holding it I do not know.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:44 PM
earthprowler

how important is this when using stones? i never use any with the exception of the ones my guides will have me get on occasions. if there is something i can use to ramp up my energy i would love it.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
how important is this when using stones? i never use any with the exception of the ones my guides will have me get on occasions. if there is something i can use to ramp up my energy i would love it.

I don't want to be categorical, but tests I have done so far while others have watched all indicate that in order for a stone's energies to affect my energy system, I must touch it. If there is a non-touch radiation effect we have not observed it.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscelt
Oooh, I have a few of those! Thanks, I will have to try that! :)

I almost forgot. Touching a Sodalite is in itself a help for your focus, but you can also practice focusing with it by sitting down and studying it, observing the colors and scratches and bumps and surface and weight and so on. 15 minutes of focus on this small objects is easier than you would think.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 PM
misscelt

Going to try this later today~ I have more than one, so I figure I can hold one while focusing on the others. Need all the help focusing that I can get! :)
Old 05-12-2011, 09:19 PM
mattie

???

Are you interested in Wiccan ways to focus or ways to focus in general?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:56 AM
misscelt

Both actually ;)