Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-07-2019, 07:36 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Anyone know of any references to the Virgin Marys physical death?
Well, its outside of church sanctioned teachings, but the story of Christ traveling to the Kashmir region after the crucifixion has Mary going with him. There is a shrine in Pakistan that is claimed to be her grave. I am not arguing this is true, and have no interest in doing so, but it is fun to think about such things when there are no inquisitors around.

https://udayton.edu/imri/mary/m/murr...arys-grave.php
Old 25-07-2019, 07:37 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
All Christians are taught the concept of the immaculate conception but very few believe it.
And that is a good topic for a thread.
Old 25-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
And that is a good topic for a thread.

What

Maybe they used ' Artificial insemination '
Old 25-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
Mary was/is Jesus' Mother, chosen by God-whats all this talk of symbolic feminine side-divine feminie-why confuse what she was/is with this new age terminology-I dont recall reading that in the Bible I simply do not understand why one cannot simply leave it like it is in the Bible and nope these new age words are infused into God-it is so unnecessary-

I understand where you're coming from, the term 'divine feminine' might be new age i'm not sure. i haven't read any new age books, generally anything after the middle ages mystics doesn't do much for me. I just find being able to view and relate to God through what I think of as female helps me relate to God and gives me a balanced understanding. I don't believe in a seperate Goddess but only one God that can be viewed as male or female depending on personal preference - not literally gendered Sky, just personal preference.
There's not much in the bible to support this maybe, but there is some bits
I personally feel Jesus would have had room for this but i'm probably in a minority. it makes me happy though. i see it the same as Catholics believe in Mary as being there for them as an intercessor but i'm not really a Catholic either i just appreciate that part of their beliefs maybe they are on to something there!
Old 25-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well, its outside of church sanctioned teachings, but the story of Christ traveling to the Kashmir region after the crucifixion has Mary going with him. There is a shrine in Pakistan that is claimed to be her grave. I am not arguing this is true, and have no interest in doing so, but it is fun to think about such things when there are no inquisitors around.

https://udayton.edu/imri/mary/m/murr...arys-grave.php

Hey Ketzer.

Thanks for the link. I did come across that information on the one day I researched. I think the most interesting thing I found is that the Koran has it written that the holy trinity is the Jesus, God and the Virgin Mary.
Old 26-07-2019, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
People who believe that say that the Mother of God would have to pure to give birth to Jesus. Some Roman Catholics believe this. There are no words in old texts written that say this is true with out a doubt.

https://www.catholicculture.org/cult...xVz7HVLNje__0Y

Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950 proclaimed:

"By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and by our own authority, we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory"
Old 26-07-2019, 10:46 AM
ketzer

"By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and by our own authority, we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma:"

I like that, it kind of says everything ya need to say. I think I will try that when making my own arguments and see if that works for me.
Old 26-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950 proclaimed:

"By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and by our own authority, we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory"

Yea no one can say for certain what happened with her death.
Old 27-07-2019, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Yea no one can say for certain what happened with her death.

Probably the same thing that happened with Moses.

But then.............. Mary, mother of Jesus, was not a prominent person in the early Church.
Old 27-07-2019, 05:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Probably the same thing that happened with Moses.

But then.............. Mary, mother of Jesus, was not a prominent person in the early Church.

only if you go by the new testament, any time you step outside she seems to appear with a prominent role, i mean from other writings both orthadox and gnostic and church tradition. Sometimes the Holy Spirit is Jesus's spiritual Mother. i think there's something in this and the popular idea that Mary's person was elevated later on (some even say as late as Constantine to make Christianity more 'pagan') might be wrong. It might just be something that just didn't get into scripture but it ultimately could go right back to Jesus.