Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-12-2010, 08:20 PM
din

Freedom from your own insights

There are certain members here who seem to take the spiritual search seriously, they honestly believe there's something they can find, some truth that will liberate them or some way in which they can view life that will be less problematic than before.

That is the promise of thought, of the mind, of time...

We are constantly hoping that things will improve in the future.

Perhaps, that's because, in some way, we don't like the way things are right now.

So what is the possibility that we can drop all need to find something in the future, even the need for deep insights into life itself and just be what we already are?
Old 24-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Master
Hi din

So you are hoping to 'find' freedom' from this insight too? hehe
Old 24-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Master
I will ask seriously though ... why would one want to drop all insightful thoughts surrounding life ... drop the ability to follow their inner vision?
Old 24-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Master
Wink

I like the idea of being in the here and now, I think it's a good thing.
~ and yet, part of being in the here and now includes thinking about the future uh sometimes. Part of being human. We look forward / anticipate better, new improved lives and circumstances. I doubt we'd be who we are without some of that. But, I know what you mean. Too much of it goes on with some of us, sometimes.

The grass is greener, not just on the other side, it's greener ~ tomorrow.

Like in Gone With the Wind ~ tomorrow is another day.

And sometimes hey, it's true! tomorrow is (gotta BE) a better day!

Old 24-12-2010, 08:40 PM
ShamanWoman

What I'm searching for is my true self, underneath all the opinions and conditioning that other people have heaped upon me. Once that drops away and I discover who I truly am, then my life WILL be easier because I will have only one voice in my head to listen to. :)
Old 24-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
There are certain members here who seem to take the spiritual search seriously, they honestly believe there's something they can find, some truth that will liberate them or some way in which they can view life that will be less problematic than before.

Perhaps, that's because, in some way, we don't like the way things are right now.

So what is the possibility that we can drop all need to find something in the future, even the need for deep insights into life itself and just be what we already are?

I think the question here is, to what degree can we drop the need to be seen as wise, insightful, spiritually evolved, awakened, conscious, enlightened, authentic? To what degree can we drop the need to be seen as someone who knows the truth? To what degree are we open to being wrong, laughable, foolish, silly, unconscious, unevolved, unawakened, unenlightened, naive? To what degree can we drop the need to take ourselves seriously?
Old 24-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Master
It will be interesting to see how this thread unfolds if everyone drops their insights lol
Old 24-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
It will be interesting to see how this thread unfolds if everyone drops their insights lol

I gave up trying to drop them. I have had to settle for great wisdom these days hehe.
Old 24-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Suspended
Drop them.

Just be.

Sorry, I'm trying to be profound and talk about boobs and life, but I'm too cold.

Please hug me.
Old 25-12-2010, 12:14 AM
meta_synthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by din

How do you presume to know there is nothing they can find? Have you lived their experience fast-forwarded into the future within the hands of destiny and seen and know for a fact there is nothing they can find?

If not, how do you know? Who do you think you are to feel you know what lies in their future?

What is wrong in setting out in finding a truth that will cause life to be viewed radically differently, and therefore, lessen the suffering?

Sure some seek that. So what? What's your point? Is there something wrong with that?

Drawing blanks.

Quote:

All you ever do is point to thought and say "this is thought."

"That is though too"

"And that."

We get it mate. It's all thought.

You mostly diguise it by ball dancing with your "lady of thought." Singing there is no "someone" at all and twirling your imaginary non-existent Lover in every way possible. Ironically all happening within thought.

Quote:

Yeah. It's called sanity. It's called hope. In my world.

Quote:

Why hmm and haw at it? How could it be otherwise dude? Who hopes for an improvement in the future if they like the way things are currently? What other reason could it be???? Yeah way to go out on a limb... *rolls eyes*

Quote:

If we ALREADY ARE what we are, and cannot be otherwise, then we can only BE and DO as we already are. Therefore EVERYTHING falls within that. One cannot ever deviate from it thusly. What are you ranting and raving about with all this "nondual" stuff?

Quote:
So what is the possibility that we can drop all need to find something in the future

What about the possibility that you can drop the need to tell "non-existent others" about this possibility being dropped? You are mum on that.

WHO needs to drop anything, din, if no one is there in the first place to A) hold it, B) let it affect them C) Drop it?

If there is no self, din, there's no self to see this or be free from anything.

Therefore the only existence it has is though posts like yours that assert its reality by attempting to refute it. All you ever do is talk about and highlight the self. Almost every single post of yours stamps reality on your idea of self.