Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 30-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Knower
information, books, research on Chakras

Hello there all! I am currently conducting some research into the chakra systems within well, all aspects of life really and hoping to gain a deeper understanding and perhaps find some hidden connections and put some bigger pieces together that may help me along the way. If any of you would be so kind to recommend any lectures, researchers, experiments and authors or anything else you may feel have contributed to the understand of these centres of energy, along all lines of the subjet from planetary chakras to chakras in animals and even if you may know of some more controversal views on the chakras (not that it isn't controvesal enough in todays society!) I'm sure there is much written on the subject which could come handy or that you may think is worth nothing. It would be greatly appreciated, many thanks !
Old 30-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Eelco

The main body of work describing the chakra is The serpent power by John Woodroffe. It is a translation of the
at cakra nirūpaa (" Description of the Six Centres, or Cakras") and
Pādukāpañcaka (" Fivefold footstool "). You can find it on-line as a pdf here

Some say the chakra are written about in the Veda's, but that is stretching the concept of the energy chakra's as we know them. Patanjali does describe 3 chakra in his yoga sutra's.

As for theories about them.
Well there's your basic clean, clear and harmonize them end be enlightened variety.
There's the devil did it variety from our christian brothers and sisters.
Some belief it's just concepts designed to get in touch with certain aspects of your life.
Some belief they are energetic implants designed to steal your energy as food for the gods.
Some say they are part of our make up and we die without them.
Some belief they can be removed in favor of a more unified or synergized whole energy body.

Seems you've got your work cut out for you. Happy researching.

WIth Love
Eelco

Old 31-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Knower
It sure does seem that way haha ! It is all worth the effort and though ! Thankyou very much ! Very helpful, perhaps each theory are all true and all false, each view point in the eyes of the beholder. I have my work cut out indeed ! Thanks for the info !
Old 02-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitomagnito
Hello there all! I am currently conducting some research into the chakra systems within well, all aspects of life really and hoping to gain a deeper understanding and perhaps find some hidden connections and put some bigger pieces together that may help me along the way. If any of you would be so kind to recommend any lectures, researchers, experiments and authors or anything else you may feel have contributed to the understand of these centres of energy, along all lines of the subjet from planetary chakras to chakras in animals and even if you may know of some more controversal views on the chakras (not that it isn't controvesal enough in todays society!) I'm sure there is much written on the subject which could come handy or that you may think is worth nothing. It would be greatly appreciated, many thanks !

Your research which will focus on the seven main chakras which nearly all literature will refer to. There is another chakra, really significant, which is left out and that is the Ananda Khanda. It sits in the chest directly opposite the heart chakra. It is turquoise in colour. I know of its existence because I had a great deal of pain from it for years and focused on healing the heart chakra because that's where I thought the trouble was coming from. I was wrong and discovered the Ananda Khanda through the aura soma system which describes it as "the feeling side of the being". You may want to google aura soma and read about it there, it's a good place to begin (and probably end) because there's virtually no information about it out there - I've looked extensively.

Good luck with your research.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
Your research which will focus on the seven main chakras which nearly all literature will refer to. There is another chakra, really significant, which is left out and that is the Ananda Khanda. It sits in the chest directly opposite the heart chakra. It is turquoise in colour. I know of its existence because I had a great deal of pain from it for years and focused on healing the heart chakra because that's where I thought the trouble was coming from. I was wrong and discovered the Ananda Khanda through the aura soma system which describes it as "the feeling side of the being". You may want to google aura soma and read about it there, it's a good place to begin (and probably end) because there's virtually no information about it out there - I've looked extensively.

Good luck with your research.

Thankyou kindly Patrycia! You have actually jogged my memory on something i had as my wallpaper a little while back, which was an extended list of chakras i had never heard of before. I remember the name of the Ananda Khanda ! I've managed to find a little bit of info on the lesser known chakras though from the small bits of information i can gather, perhaps it is an evolution of some sorts from the original 7, lots to wrap my head around lol !
Old 10-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Suspended
Guide
[quote=Incognitomagnito]Hello there all! I am currently conducting some research into the chakra systems within well, all aspects of life really and hoping to gain a deeper understanding and perhaps find some hidden connections and put some bigger pieces together that may help me along the way. If any of you would be so kind to recommend any lectures, researchers, experiments and authors or anything else you may feel have contributed to the understand of these centres of energy, along all lines of the subjet from planetary chakras to chakras in animals and even if you may know of some more controversal views on the chakras (not that it isn't controvesal enough in todays society!) I'm sure there is much written on the subject which could come handy or that you may think is worth nothing. It would be greatly appreciated, many thanks ![/QUhere

Hello,
Well my friend what you want to learn can only be learned by experience, i started my esoteric journey aged 20 years when I left my body for the second time,the first time I was aged 6 years,my brow chakra was opened aged 28 years, on my birthday actually, then when I was aged 33 years I had the most shocking experience of being stuck between this world and the next,half in and half out of my physical body.

Between the first and second experience I had fleeting glimpses into another world,I was a poorly child and oversensitive, my only companion was a kitten "ginger tom".
When I hade my second experience aged 20 years I confided in a friend,she told me that I was astral travelling, this is 1973,she loaned me a book,the first book I have ever read about these things,it was by an author Tuesday Lobsàng Rampa,and its title was "You Forever".
For some unknown reason this book and its contents changed my life forever,just like the title!
I ended up buying all his books,paperback books,and was totally absorbed into this other world of transmigration of souls,astral travel etc,etc.

So begun my search of all the mystical wonders of mainly eastern philosophy and learning,I am 64 years now so that's 40 years of study,practice and learning,so I will mention some authors and book titles,but some titles you will have to research yourself,back then it was libraries, now you have Google.
So this is my path of book learning,comprehending what I was reading through certain forms of yoga and meditation!

1)..Mdme H P Blavatsky, two books,The Secret Doctrine,and Isis Unveiled.

2)..C W Leadbeater,one book I remember, The Chakra's.

3)..Annie Besant..titles unknown.

4)..Alice A Bailey..too many titles to name here

5)..Edgar Cayce..again too many titles.

6)..and the man I chose as my "guru" Paramhansa Yogananda,his book Autobiography of a Yogi changed my life around,and still does.
I have a lot more but that's exactly how I started my life's journey with these books.

Kind Regards Billy…