Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 15-11-2010, 11:59 PM
michael55

my thoughts/views/opinions on exercise

exercise moderatly at least 3-5 times per week..

go to a gym to do basic strength/toning

+ do other stuff...

snowboard

yoga..

biking

running

whatever.

just get a bunch of exercise.. but not too much.. but not too little.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Knower

Well that is nice and vague.
Old 17-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Master
I hear what you're saying, do a variety of things.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Gracey

yeah, keep the variety going, if you run, switch up to dancing or something in about six weeks, your body gets use to the routine and becomes less effective. when you switch it up, it keeps your body in better shape.
Old 30-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Master
strength training has become essential to me , and now my wife, since we made one room into a gym . we're both over 50, and the need to stay strong and functional is important to quality of life. I also need to keep my body parts strong and functioning so I can continue to do my work . I need to lift and carry metal things , and do repetitious work while sitting that could be a real problem if I don't keep fit. I just love feeling strong too, but there's no need to get really big, and that's too hard, anyway . I'm not done with handyman work around the house , and will need to be trimming trees and doing repairs and **** when I'm 80 . speaking of which...

D
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 PM
avenger

I'm a huge advocate of bodyweight exercises. Pull ups, push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, planks, bridges, leg raises, handstands and dips. I don't think you need a gym at all.

Maybe for the house you can buy a pull up bar and a dumbbell set or resistance bands. But that's really all you need unless you're pursuing an athletic career.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael55
exercise moderatly at least 3-5 times per week..

go to a gym to do basic strength/toning

+ do other stuff...

snowboard

yoga..

biking

running

whatever.

just get a bunch of exercise.. but not too much.. but not too little.

I hear you Michael. Exercise has always been a very important part of my life. Unfortunately, diet/nutrition has not been a strong focus until recently and perhaps the two should have gone hand in hand from an earlier age.

Cal
Old 11-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger
I'm a huge advocate of bodyweight exercises. Pull ups, push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, planks, bridges, leg raises, handstands and dips. I don't think you need a gym at all.

Maybe for the house you can buy a pull up bar and a dumbbell set or resistance bands. But that's really all you need unless you're pursuing an athletic career.

Totally agree! It's about the inner strength and no better way to achieve that is to balance your body, by mastering it.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:04 PM
OpenMindedFellow

Personally I'm just so in touch with mind over body that any kind of exercise needs to be a reaction to a stimulus, like dancing to music, trying to impress a girl or running away from danger. I love watching sport but playing it... I just think it's a drag. I guess I'm just not really competitive. Same goes for yoga too unfortunately... find it really boring.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenMindedFellow
Personally I'm just so in touch with mind over body that any kind of exercise needs to be a reaction to a stimulus, like dancing to music, trying to impress a girl or running away from danger. I love watching sport but playing it... I just think it's a drag. I guess I'm just not really competitive. Same goes for yoga too unfortunately... find it really boring.

Liven it up a bit! See sometimes I like to mix things up like yoga, tai chi, maybe some ballet, and regular dancing, stretching, while of course listening to my happy tunes. I love motion flow of putting everything together at once, while dancing. Having fun is the ultimate :) cheers