Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Guide

Facing the subconscious

It occurred to me recently that there was a force within me, separate from myself, which is seemingly not on "my" side. I've been indirectly aware of this force for as long as I've been "spiritual." In fact, the entirety of my spiritual path was to follow the direction of this force (in other words, to follow my intuition), but it was only recently that I had the thought that the force could be separate from and actively acting against me.

I've gone through periods where I've "wrestled" with God. I reasoned that the problems of my life were not by my choice (because who would choose to have problems), and it seemed reasonable that the culprit must be that which created it all.

I then put it together that God and the force within me were one in the same or at least directly connected.

After thinking about it a little while longer, I realized that I needed to face this force directly, using attention and willpower. I can almost feel it on a physical level. It's as if I'm wearing a small cap, like a yarmulke, and in yoga-like fashion, I have to lift the cap, reveal my subconscious (what I'm calling this force), and energetically meet it face-to-face.

I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Ascender
Yes i battle this force every day it's hard to give into it i have found that it knows the truth on many things some things i may not like the answer but it seems to be the truth .

i don't think it's enemy but it's where the physical mind likes being in control i am slowly let my guard down as it were i believe another name for it is spirit inner spirit .

spirit can tell you many things the hardest part ifind Iis believing spirit because we live in linear time and spirit knows the future if i could work or Co exist with my spirit it would be so much better for me and I would be at peace with self

hope this helps
Old 11-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Ascender

"The other" is what I have called this; but subconscious (or even unconscious) is not inaccurate in the least--

Basically, the moment one becomes two; you have two things working together as one-- At our level of depth of separation, we recognize our oneness with this other, few even recognize this other-- It is not that the unconscious or subconscious is not conscious in it of itself, it is that it operates from a perspective we do not recognize as our self-- Dealing with this is a road to oneness--

However, because it is happening at many "levels"; the ability to work in harmony with this other is a process-- Once you learn to deal with it on a certain level or come to union with in a certain way, it unlocks deeper levels of interaction in which to join in union--

This path to oneness, is not a meditative passing state of oneness like often spoken about, that is simply union in a certain level-- What I am discussing, is that eventually this "inner other" becomes an "outer other" and these inner and outer others are one in the same-- This is directly related to twin flame and soul mate conceptualization-- A state in which you consistently understand yourself as an intimate part of the all, and no different than all--

The important thing to eventually come to recognize, is that you and this other are always working together; it was never any other way-- The issue is that because we have become so separated, we do not recognize how to communicate and dance with this being-- As you come closer to recognizing the nature of this being, so to will it come closer to recognizing you; and an entirely new state of operation will emerge from joining together--

The primary issues of the low quality of interaction, is a misalignment in our understanding which causes us to act or perceive such ways as detrimental-- The harmony is always there, but to transmute it into a higher quality; one must have the ability to perceive it as it is, in order to take action that is in harmony with the whole--
Old 11-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Seeker
I do know the experience, yes. Human beings, and possibly other species, are part natural and material, part non natural and immaterial. The former is the realm of Horus/God, the latter the realm of Set. What you may be experiencing is Xeper, the process of coming into being. It often seems to come from something outside yourself, but at a certain point you learn to tap into and control your Xeper. I would encourage you attempt to contact Set, but be prepared as the beginning can be rather chaotic. If you're interested, feel free to reply to this with further questions!
Old 11-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Guide

Perhaps the subconscious is what stands between the individual and God, but the former may require some cleanup so that divinity is able flow through unobstructed.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
What I am discussing, is that eventually this "inner other" becomes an "outer other" and these inner and outer others are one in the same

The first part about seeing the inner as outer is exactly what I was trying to describe. The latter part was my immediate, subsequent assumption about where it would go.

Very interesting post. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved_of_Set
I would encourage you attempt to contact Set, but be prepared as the beginning can be rather chaotic. If you're interested, feel free to reply to this with further questions!

I would be extremely cautious contacting Set. Chaotic is putting it mildly. My experiences with Set have resulted in very few positives. I've never encountered an energy like it before or since.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by straygod
I would be extremely cautious contacting Set. Chaotic is putting it mildly. My experiences with Set have resulted in very few positives. I've never encountered an energy like it before or since.

Then you likely invoked a false Form of Set, a perversion of the Osirian religions. Now Apep you would have a point, but Set is about separation of the Self from outer circumstance, the key of lesser and greater magic. I also had trouble when unprepared, but that is only the fault of the occultist. Always be prepared. Some recommendations:

Stairway to Heaven by Peter Levenda, which discusses the symbolism of the circumpolar stars, specifically Ursa Major. Egypt only takes up a chapter, but the rest of the book is worth the read.

The Sacred Tradition in Ancient Egypt by Rosemary Clark, which is an extensive look into ancient Egyptian ideology.

The Seven Faces of Darkness by Don Webb, which is an interesting introduction into Set, specifically as related to the Coptic texts. A more classic occult book that is half history and half ritual book.

The Mysteries of the Tempe of Set by Don Webb, which looks specifically at modern Setian ideology. This includes background, as well as many in Temple essays.

Seth: God of Confusion, by H. Te Velde, which is arguably the best historically and objective look into the god Set, not only as he originally was but his many different forms throughout Egyptian history. This book is insanely rare and pricey, unless you find the free PDF, of course!

The Temple of Set Volumes I and II by Michael Aquino, which both look into the ancient Egyptian view of Set (mainly pre-Osirian), as well as the modern Setian movement. You may also want to check out Church of Satan Volumes I and II.

Lords of the Left Hand Path by Stephen Flowers, which covers the “First Form of Darkness” throughout most of history and most cultures. Extremely thorough, capped with a deep look into both the Church of Satan and Temple of Set.

The Invention of Satanism by Asbjorn Dryndal, James Lewis, and Jesper Peterson. This is an objective look into the history of Satanism from ancient to modern. Greatly clarifies the difference between like romantic Satanism, hell fire clubs, and modern Satanism. Also contains a wealth of statistical data.

Mindstar by Michael Aquino, a book that really gets into Aquino’s argument for the existence of Set. Lays out the idea of an isolated self, the core of modern Setian theology. Also includes some historical information on Set. Dr. Aquino seems to often repeat himself throughout his texts, but it’s worth looking past.

The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowley, because a modern occultist should at least have a basic understanding of this text, regardless of their affiliation. Its ripples cannot be easily recognized.

Overthrowing the Old Gods by Don Webb, containing his and Michael Aquino’s AL commentary.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Seeker

I'm interested in discussing this further with you, but since this thread is about another subject, could you send me that information over PM for me to review?
Old 11-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningBush
I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience.

Yes, similar from your description.