Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 07-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Master

Thank you all so much for the thoughts.

They are interesting animals, looking so fragile but look at the nests they build or the way they come back to the same place after migrating thousands of miles year after year. Or the relationships they have with their mate. Very complex creatures.

I can't wait to build relationships with birds, and hopefully give them better names than "another bird" but learn to identify them proper.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
That leapt out at me! I saw another oyster catcher today and like you said, it made itself known / I was drawn to it. I was wondering why I was drawn to learn about birds but as spiritual messengers, I need to learn to understand. I'm sure my interpretation earlier was inaccurate.

Belle--

I used to use the search term "Native American interpretation dream <bird name>". That would get the interpretation if it were in a dream, which I often found useful. Likewise, sometimes you can look up "totem" in Native American.

But often, it will pull up other cultural interpretations. For instance, I found that there is a Christian story about an oyster-catcher as a protector. I found this quote:

OYSTER-CATCHER

# 161: Among the Gaels this bird is an emblem of St. Bride, who carried one in each hand. It bears the form of a cross on its plumage as it once covered Christ with sea-weed when his enemies pursued him. # 454: It is called Brid-eun, 'Bride's Bird' or Bigein-Bride, 'Bride's Boy', in Gaelic. # 161 - 225 - 454

I think this is referring to pages in a book.

But once you have identified the bird, you can try the interpretations thing. There will be some interpretations that don't sound right, but usually some that make sense in your life at this time.

Have fun w it!

Lora

P.S. When my oldest sister died at 66 I had decided she would be a green finch. [I remembered her green shag carpet that she "raked"!] After she died there was a day when three of them flew into the house in one day~! The first was totally panicked before I got it out the door again. The second one sat ON MY COMPUTER SCREEN (which I thought was significant).

When this last one flew in, I had opened the front door to shoo out a big fly and this finch flew straight in, made a pass around the livingroom and then flew calmly out. My sister had issues with anxiety disorders which led to the many psychological problems and eventual dementia stuff that caused her death. I felt this was a message from my sister--with an added message that she was working out her fear issues. It made me very happy!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I'm intrigued by birds, I see them, I hear them, I watch them fly and swoop and flutter and hovver.

But I don't know which is which.

Any ideas on which is a good way to learn which is which? I have birdsong CDs but I'm struggling.

Hi Belle. I adore birds of every kind. I've counted about 30 different species in my yard. I have a very large bird encyclopedia which I got on clearance at a bookstore. Books are nice because they separate birds in groups they belong to. But I also like the 'all about birds' website below for learning. You could type in sparrow, finch or jays and it would bring up varieties, for example.

Before I moved to my current location, I knew very little about birds. Now I can name every kind that comes in the yard, where they migrated from, their nesting habits and the invasive types. But I love them all. I've had blue birds, wrens and sparrows all nest in my 12-hole bird house. Purple Martins tried, but failed. Today starlings tried to pull all the sparrows nesting material out, but I shewed them away until they gave up. My favorites are the various woodpeckers, especially the largest one and the hummingbirds. We have 7 very large wild turkeys that frequent the yard too. I like their feathers, but not them so much. I have to admire their tenacity to persevere though.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/Page.aspx?pid=1189

Blackraven
Old 08-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Master

Yes Belle, birds of all kinds are fascinating. The robin is a serious bird and works all summer to feed their young, morning to night.

All birds are mega dedicated to their young while they are reliant on their parents. I have seen genuine "love" expressed by my ducks with their offspring. It is amazing to watch.

To watch these mothers teach their children is also amazing. They teach them where to go, how to enter and exit their nesting house by demonstrating it over and over again until the little ones get it and can scamper up and out with ease. They show them where to find the best bugs, and where the fruit is and where to swim. They are diligent in their task and show unconditional love.