Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2023, 02:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Reincarnation the view from the spirit world.

Jesus of Nazareth (through the Padgett Messages) dismisses reincarnation as a belief system of 'Eastern Religion'. Robert Hugh Benson, author of Life In The World Unseen, states that he can find no evidence for reincarnation. Both these dwellers in the spirit world appear to be in a much better position to judge the reality of reincarnation than we are on the earth plane. So does anybody have any arguments in favour of reincarnation that might challenge their views?
Old 23-06-2023, 02:42 PM
Guide

Search for Reincarnation on you tube or any other platform and that may or may not change your mind.
Is anything Factual about Spirituality ever proven, it is for you only to consider as is anything religious.
Old 23-06-2023, 02:43 PM
Master

Hi Charles. Do please forgive me for being a bit "thick" but if they are in the spirit world how can they tell us there's no reincarnation ? Do they "come through " and say this ?
Myself , I have no re-collection of "past life" but many moments of de ja Vue ...and sometimes just a gut feeling .
I was once told that my twin sister in spirit ( since birth) would come back to me as my granddaughter, and my first grandson was and still is the absolute double of his deceased grandad . This of course is not proof .
Old 23-06-2023, 05:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
Jesus of Nazareth (through the Padgett Messages) dismisses reincarnation as a belief system of 'Eastern Religion'. Robert Hugh Benson, author of Life In The World Unseen, states that he can find no evidence for reincarnation. Both these dwellers in the spirit world appear to be in a much better position to judge the reality of reincarnation than we are on the earth plane.
You seem to place a lot of faith in these two sources, which obviously have a strong Christian flavour. Perhaps because what they say coincides with your own beliefs.

You could always look at the many communications from others in the spirit world who readily discuss reincarnation as a reality.

So who do we believe?

Putting forward arguments in favour of reincarnation to challenge their views seems a futile exercise. You will be none the wiser. Your current life may be your only life or it may be just one incarnation amongst hundreds. The question is, how will you use this life?

Peace
Old 24-06-2023, 08:34 AM
Newbie ;)

I would like to correct the assumptions of iamthat. Contrary to what he is saying I am a believer in reincarnation. But the views of those in the spirit world who have communicated on this matter cannot be ignored. What I am seeking is the thoughts of other people to discover whether their reasons for believing in reincarnation may or may not coincide with mine. So far no one has put forward a specific argument supporting the belief in reincarnation.

According to iamthat these two sources have a strong Christian flavour, but this ignores that both have strongly repudiated the teachings of orthodox Christianity. So I must repeat, just what are the arguments for reincarnation, can somebody spell them out.
Old 24-06-2023, 12:06 PM
Guide

What do you mean Charles?
You either believe it or not.it is a matter of having faith, as with all religions. There are many reasons as to why we may reincarnate,
as explained on the various websites which I previously mentioned.
Also the Bible gives evidence as Miss Hepburn pointed out, you just have to look.
There are no arguments for, it just may happen.(IMO).
Old 24-06-2023, 12:21 PM
Quote:
What I am seeking is the thoughts of other people to discover whether their reasons for believing in reincarnation may or may not coincide with mine.
So far no one has put forward a specific argument supporting the belief in reincarnation.
Well, that was insulting to me and my detailed post#2 with references, (of course, you could have me on Ignore).
I'll delete it then.
Carry on.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-06-2023, 02:28 PM
Master

Charles. There is plenty of proof out there on the net and in books, some of what Miss H has recommended as well.

I must ask, do you really want to find the truth.

Are you the kind of person that when the proof is right in front of your eyes you still don’t see it or don’t want to see it.
Old 24-06-2023, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
According to iamthat these two sources have a strong Christian flavour, but this ignores that both have strongly repudiated the teachings of orthodox Christianity.
They may repudiate the teachings of the Christian Church on Earth but from a quick random search through the Padgett messages:

"And here I want to say that there is only one means of learning such truths and that is through the help of Jesus the Christ and his followers, who know these truths and the Holy Spirit that speaks to all men if they will open their souls to its silent voice of truth and love."

(Referring to a lecture on the Bahai faith) "... but it does not tell the way to truth and light that the Bible does. Be a Christian and love the God of the Bible."

"The dogmas of the church are too firmly fixed in their minds to ever permit the truths to enter, and consequently, as these dogmas must be destroyed, with their destruction the church will cease to exist as a church. ... Yes, there will be a church established, and it will be a church of Christ, and all mankind in time will come to unite with it and worship the one true God, and believe on Jesus as His great messenger and teacher, and not as God."

There are countless other quotes I could include, all of which convey a very Christian flavour.

Personally I find the Padgett messages to be a fairly random selection of assertions claiming to be from various people but somewhat lacking in substance.

Quote:
So I must repeat, just what are the arguments for reincarnation, can somebody spell them out.
If I were to explain why I believe in reincarnation then it would be a very lengthy post delving deep into the teachings of Theosophy and Alice Bailey, and I doubt that anyone would bother to read it.

Since you are also a believer in reincarnation then why not get the ball rolling and tell us why you believe in reincarnation.

Peace
Old 24-06-2023, 07:55 PM
Administrator
Reincarnation is true it does exist how do I know because I have lived many life times.
This being my final journey.
People don't have to prove to you or give you a validation that it exists

Namaste