Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 16-03-2012, 06:13 PM
inscrutable

Question what's exactly is this spirit guide thing?

Hi,I'm new in forum.I have been wondering about what spirit guides are.I have read books about angels and archangels and I love working with them especially AA Michael.They help me a lot.Anyway,my real question is ,are spirit guides here to help us like angels or just spirits that can be able to be bad or good.If I want to meet my spirit guide,will it be good and safe as working with angels?
Old 16-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Master
It is my understanding that everyone has one or more guides. Everyone has a birth guide who stays with them throughout their life. Other guides come and go as you need them. You and your birth guide chose each other before you were born and you set up a life path together. It is also my understanding that spirit guides lived a human life at one time - you may or may not have known them in a prior life. They have learned the lessons they needed to learn in their last life. They could then progress on the spirit plane.

I made contact by meditating. I have not purposely worked with angels, so I don't know how easy they are to work with. My guides are safe and accessible. They answer my questions either straightforward or cryptically. I only "hear" them - I have never seen mine. Guides are there for us to guide us and help us on our life path. Because of free will, our guides' suggestions and prompts aren't always heeded.
Old 16-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Master

A spirit guide is essentially and normally a friend from one or more of your former lives, who is always there to help you with spiritual things. They have a contract with you, set up with you before you was born, and must follow a list of rules set up by the Powers That Be. If you have a bad guide it's someone just pretending to be your real guide. The are definitely as safe to deal with as angels. But they are also real people and can be both moody, sad or frustrated. They are worthy of your friendship, but also of your respect.
Old 16-03-2012, 06:47 PM
inscrutable

Thank you for your answers.So they are like a guardian angel I guess.Were they always with me watching me writing this?
Old 16-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Master

They were there since the day you was born. That does not mean that they read what you write or hear what you think. What they always pick up is what you say out loud. But I am aware others might disagree with me in this.
Old 16-03-2012, 07:05 PM
inscrutable

Hmmm...So they are not with me all the time instead the guardian angels are.So I think working with angels is better.Were they powerful like angels?
Old 16-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
They were there since the day you was born. That does not mean that they read what you write or hear what you think. What they always pick up is what you say out loud. But I am aware others might disagree with me in this.

I had a statement I was posting to someone change to italic and back to the original font as I was typing it(I touched nothing) - it had to do with learning about spirit guides and reincarnation through reading and research. It was pretty amazing. So, as far as my own experience, they are aware of everything. My guide also saved me from a nasty fender bender. I asked him about it - he said it was him - I thanked him profusely!!
Old 16-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Master
I communicate telepathically. I rarely say anything out loud. They hear me and I them. They give me one - three word answers usually. When they are with me the whole top of my head tingles.
Old 16-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscrutable
Hmmm...So they are not with me all the time instead the guardian angels are.So I think working with angels is better.Were they powerful like angels?

Mmmm, it doesn't work like that. The guides ARE with you all the time. Not as powerful as angels no, but angels are NOT there all the time - they come when they are needed, and have an open line for you to call them directly on once you have made a personal connection with them. This is my experience at least.
Old 16-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Master
Think of it like this: angels are present for everyone, guides are specific to individuals (in most cases, although there have been cases of people sharing guides). Some do believe we have a guardian angel as well as a main spirit guide... personally, I have never made solid contact with this guardian angel, though I now understand why some people use the term guide and angel interchangeably - because a guide is so high and loving, and can sometimes perform acts that angels can.

Angels are more like guardians and protectors... nurturers. I suppose in some cases they can know about your life plan, etc., but their main focus is keeping you happy and well looked after. Guides are the ones you go to for advice about your life - which path to take, and so on. Angels support you with certain skills and keep you out of harm's way, if necessary.

This is coming from someone who hasn't had much luck in the angel department, though. I do call upon angels for certain things, but at the present moment I'm not a "feely" person, so I can't quite pick up on the vibrations angels tend to give off. Instead, I have a blooming relationship with my main guide, who, like the others said, has been with me in many realms and in many past lives, which is a characteristic that isn't shared with angels...

Just my 2 cents~