Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 28-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Guide
Horse meat the norm in the future (vision)?

Okay well I'm doing bad :( About a week ago when I was in the shower and blinked and for the brief
moment I closed my eyes I saw a vision of horses in a slaughter house. As soon as I saw it I knew in
a few decades horses would be added to the list of animals we eat. I brushed it off since my visions
rarely come true. But today I found this ( http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insid...r_jim_galloway) and now I fear I may have been on to something.
What do you guys think?
Old 28-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Master

Are you kidding? We are eating horse meat already in all sorts of less detailedly specified meat products. It's just not normally listed.... except in the case of horse sausage, afaik.
Old 28-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Guide
Horse meat isn't as accepted as cow or chicken meat. I fear that may not be the case for long.
Old 29-11-2011, 12:25 AM
iolite

Lovely...

In some parts of the country, horse meat is prized. In fact, here in the US, horses that cannot be sold are often sold to slaughter houses. There have been efforts in the past few years to ban this practice. But I think we still have a ways to go. Horses are bred for racing and when they don't do well, they're sold to slaughterhouses. Its sad how these intelligent creatures are treated.
Old 29-11-2011, 01:00 AM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Lovely...

In some parts of the country, horse meat is prized. In fact, here in the US, horses that cannot be sold are often sold to slaughter houses. There have been efforts in the past few years to ban this practice. But I think we still have a ways to go. Horses are bred for racing and when they don't do well, they're sold to slaughterhouses. Its sad how these intelligent creatures are treated.

Horses haven't been slaughtered in the US for a couple years now, maybe more. The horses that are of no use (so why breed them?) are shipped to Canada and Mexico where they are brutalised. Most of the meat is, I believe, shipped to other countries, particularly European ones. And mostly I don't think Americans eat horses.
Old 29-11-2011, 02:34 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
Horses haven't been slaughtered in the US for a couple years now, maybe more. The horses that are of no use (so why breed them?) are shipped to Canada and Mexico where they are brutalised. Most of the meat is, I believe, shipped to other countries, particularly European ones. And mostly I don't think Americans eat horses.

You are right, these slaughter houses are not in the US.
Old 29-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Gracey

20 some years ago, the meat served to us on the ship i was on in the navy, it was horse meat.
Old 29-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Master
I wonder if a nice piece of race horse meat will speed me up lol.
Old 29-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Master
Would horse meat ever become the norm? I guess it would depend on how cheap it was to mass produce it and whether or not there was a need to do that.

It's probably a matter of what the culture of the area is in regards to if they would accept horse as a delicacy. Some places eat cat and dog but others think that is barbaric.
Old 29-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Scibat

In France it's already sold in butcher shops as a delicacy, it is supposed to be leaner and better for you than beef. Personally I like Bison, so I imagine Horse would be ok if prepared correctly, would definitely like to try it sometime.

No offense to the vegans of course.