Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 01-11-2023, 12:00 PM
Knower
How dark or evil do your dreams get?

I sometimes experience great darkness and evil in my dreams.

For example, last night, I dreamt about reading a book, which turned into witnessing a scene in which a mob of beings (not sure if they were people) violently crushed another group of beings. This violence was not passionate or explosive, it was more like a calculated and purposeful crushing. And it was more than "just" violence, it was evil in a way that is hard to describe (*), and really disgusting to watch (soon after, I averted my eyes, though instinctively I always have the sense that I'm not supposed to avert them).

Of course, it worries me to have such experiences in my own mind. I'm not saying the experience necessarily comes from my mind, but just that it somehow took place within my mind, even if its source or inspiration perhaps came - I hope! - from outside of my mind. In general I feel sane, but having such dreams feels quite unhealthy. So I was wondering if other people also experience these very evil scenes in their dreams, and what you make of these?

(*) It was like the violence was a manifestation of a deep underlying evil, rather than "this is really evil" being the conclusion you would reach when watching this violent scene. For example, one of these violent beings was crushing his own skull with a big stone, which didn't seem to bother that being, as it was merely acting out its demonic nature.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:01 PM
''How evil or dark?''
Um, zero. Sorry, but I can't even imagine me having anything like that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2023, 04:01 PM
Master

my dreams are dim but never evil...
Old 01-11-2023, 04:27 PM
Experiencer
I don't get dark, or bad dreams fortunately. I can't remember any bad or dark or evils dreams. And my active dream journal has no entries either. I believe the most disturbing dream I ever have and documented was two birds procreating.... right before me....
Old 01-11-2023, 05:46 PM
I probably should ask..what kind of music do you listen to and TV or movies?
My sister watches scary, disturbing things and complains of nightmares...
I tell her how stupid she is and say ...''Watch a comedy before bed, idiot!!''
Stop watching the NEWS, too!
Sisters!!!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2023, 07:04 PM
Knower
Thanks for asking :-). I avoid music and series or movies that have a negative vibe. I do follow the news, and I think about the news, or what human motivations are behind the news (more than trying to understand all the political shenanigans, which in the end seem like a superficial - and impenetrable - layer anyway).
Old 02-11-2023, 10:17 AM
Pathfinder

Could there be something going on in ur waking life, any kind of stress etc, I know when i discovered my ex partner was having an affair, it affected me for so long, not so much in dreams, though I was giving the clues through them, it was more in my meditations, negative images appearing, trying desperately to block them out, I had to stop for a while, it seemed I was trying to suppress my worries instead of facing them, sometimes we have to heal the inside and clear the way in waking life to bring it outwards. I stopped watching the news also, I am like an empath I remember the sub that was lost underwater, and for those days I felt like I was stuck in a void, I don’t invest my energy into it anymore, and have been in a much better place. My advice is to not give them any thought allow them to come and go paying no attention, the brain works in mysterious ways, I often wondered if the ego is responsible which made me more determined to not associate with it, and it just faded away, I suppose the ego could thrive if we allow it to cause us fear and worry.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:42 AM
Knower
In my life, I do feel I'm disconnected from what truly uplifts me. But not entirely, there are moments where I sense this potential. When I meet evil in my dreams, I have the sense that it's more outside of me than within me (even though thinking in terms of "within" and "without" is probably misleading). But there is something strangely infectious about evil, as you watch it, it can easily drag you down somehow. When this happens, you don't feel the same person anymore (you may try to invoke love and positivity, but it's hard, because you loose connection to those). It's a bit like sinking into quicksand, quite scary. Fortunately, what I describe is rare, but it does worry me. That's also why I avoid certain music, movies and series.

I do think I have to try harder to connect to whatever uplifts me. I will start by avoiding the news for a while.

PS In the past, I had these negative dreams more frequently, and my ritual when waking up from such a dream was to listen to Bach's Goldberg Variations, it was the best way (and maybe the only thing I knew that really worked for me) to restore a sense of peace and normality.
Old 02-11-2023, 02:46 PM
Glad to hear you pay attention to the music you listen to and TV.

Me? I would surround myself with neat, happy, positive, inspiring things..
music, books, youtube talks - teachers like Dr. Joe Dispenza, Abraham-Hicks....so many things.
Good luck with this.
It was smart to reach out, imo.

Old 03-11-2023, 08:24 PM
Master
Best to record your dreams in a dream journal or go on my space on here and create your own blog and write your dreams down in there it might give you answers
Or if you couldn't art try if you are good it art try and sketch out dreams on us art book on an art book or on a canvas it might help you

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔