Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-09-2019, 03:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

You can of course believe in those things, I just don't see any credible reason nor any evidence to support such beliefs.

So it is, that you do not see any evidence to support such beliefs that may give you credible reason to understand or believe in such things.

However every day i experience out of the ordinary phenomena, in & of myself, & of my physical possessions, also see, hear & sence out of the ordinary phenomena.

I experience phenomena that proves that all that we are & also that of which we own of the physical possessions can be altered, interfered with & or manipulated.

Also I have experienced nature ie:- animals, plants, trees being altered interfered with & or manipulated.

& so yes, as you say i will believe in those things... Although i do not expect anyone else to understand & or believe in what I speak about.

However if you simply dismiss it all without a second thought, you will more than likely never come to see or understand.

& like another person on this site, you like that person, will also have your head completely inserted in the sand, at a certain moment in your life, when you definitely will need your witts about you more than 100%, in order to see your self safely through those crucial moments.

Regards from myself.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
So it is, that you do not see any evidence to support such beliefs that may give you credible reason to understand or believe in such things.

However every day i experience out of the ordinary phenomena, in & of myself, & of my physical possessions, also see, hear & sence out of the ordinary phenomena.

I experience phenomena that proves that all that we are & also that of which we own of the physical possessions can be altered, interfered with & or manipulated.

Also I have experienced nature ie:- animals, plants, trees being altered interfered with & or manipulated.

& so yes, as you say i will believe in those things... Although i do not expect anyone else to understand & or believe in what I speak about.

However if you simply dismiss it all without a second thought, you will more than likely never come to see or understand.

& like another person on this site, you like that person, will also have your head completely inserted in the sand, at a certain moment in your life, when you definitely will need your witts about you more than 100%, in order to see your self safely through those crucial moments.

Regards from myself.

' like another person on this site, you like that person, will also have your head completely inserted in the sand '

And others have their head in the clouds

I love diversity....
Old 22-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
and yet Altair you hang out in the christian forum.........

It's a Spiritual Forum and this Section is Christianity rather than Christian
Old 22-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
New Testament scholar Bart Ehrman [whom I rank highly, consider reading his works] has said: ''Today there is not a single recognized scholar on the planet who has any doubts about the matter. The entire story was invented by Notovitch, who earned a good deal of money and a substantial amount of notoriety for his hoax.''

More information: https://ehrmanblog.org/did-jesus-go-...ospel-forgery/

I think a travel from 1st century Judea/Galilee to a monastery somewhere in the Himalayas [Afgani/Paki region] would be quite expensive for a carpenter. Then again, such inconveniences are usually ignored by the faithful [of any brand]. If there are ''similarities'' in teachings then who is to say one has to learn about that from another culture (?). Can different people and cultures not come to similar teachings and findings without having contact with one another (?). Of course they can.
The link you provided was not conclusive that Nicolas Notovitch had perpetuated a hoax. The author (from that link) claimed Nicolas Notovitch wrote the book in 1894. In actuality the book was written prior to 1890 and was translated in 1890 by J. H. Connelly and L. Landsberg.
There exists a spurious translation of this book dated 1889.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-09-2019, 08:07 AM
Master
Yes.. people have all sorts of experiences, sometimes perhaps genuinely 'spiritual', but other times not. And because people happen to experience something interesting does not mean the conclusions made are truthful neither does it prove anything that the bible or any other book claims. We can make such gaps and bridges because we may want miraculous things to be true. If you survive an accident and you prayed you may say God is with you, and proclaim a miracle happened, but then ignore all the other people that prayed but didn't survive.

It seems unlikely that Jesus did go to India. And if his ''message'' is ''similar'' to some other guy from another culture we also do not need to assume he went there. Different human societies can come to similar observations. Medieval Europeans had knights, the Japanese had samurai. These had similar functions in society yet they developed in different parts of the world. Different cultures can come to similar practices or teachings because they deal with similar issues. Jesus didn't had to go to India to teach what he did. That does not mean he couldn't, but it's simply not necessary. There's also the issue of travel and money.
Old 22-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Yes.. people have all sorts of experiences, sometimes perhaps genuinely 'spiritual', but other times not. And because people happen to experience something interesting does not mean the conclusions made are truthful neither does it prove anything that the bible or any other book claims. We can make such gaps and bridges because we may want miraculous things to be true. If you survive an accident and you prayed you may say God is with you, and proclaim a miracle happened, but then ignore all the other people that prayed but didn't survive.

You believe you are being ''interfered'' and ''manipulated'', but this by itself does not mean that ''Jesus was a God in the flesh and he didn't need money to travel to India. He's God so he can just go there anyway.'' or some explanation of that nature.

It's quite unlikely that Jesus did go to India. And if his ''message'' is ''similar'' to some other guy from another culture we also do not need to assume he went there. Different human societies can come to similar observations. Medieval Europeans had knights, the Japanese had samurai. These had similar functions in society yet they developed in different parts of the world. Different cultures can come to similar practices or teachings because they deal with human issues and societies. Jesus didn't had to go to India to teach what he did. That does not mean he couldn't, but it's simply not necessary. There's also the issue of travel and money, but I see some of you just ignore that and rely on magical thinking instead.

SMILES...you may explain it away as you so choose, just as "one other" continues to do so.

Also I do not regard Jesus as god, or "a" god, in the flesh or any other way.

And I do not believe that a god entity is with us & beside us throughout our lives. However I do believe in a creator entity, that sorted his universe to be self sufficient in such a way, that we do not need the creator to be continuously by our side throughout our lives.

One day you too will have your eyes opened wide, & you will finally see that of which, I am aware of now. Although for yourself this moment, more than likely will not eventuate untill after your liberation from the flesh...believe it or not, i truely do not mind.
Old 22-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
One day you too will have your eyes opened wide, & you will finally see that of which, I am aware of now. Although for yourself this moment, more than likely will not eventuate untill after your liberation from the flesh...believe it or not, i truely do not mind.

Sounds like you're full of yourself, Neil. It's a bit foolish and arrogant to make such claims about others when all you have is just some subjective experience(s), something, mind you, nearly everyone on this forum has. Funnily enough, most people are totally convinced about their beliefs here and parrot the same lines of ''You will come to me one day and say I am right.''

Many people have subjective ''spiritual experiences'', Neil. It amounts to nothing if we want to understand whether Jesus went to ''India'' or not. There is no reason or evidence available to conclude that he did. And you being ''interfered'' and ''manipulated'' got nothing to do with Jesus going or not going to India.
Old 24-09-2019, 12:07 AM
Master
Quote:
One day, 2:00 AM, I was driving about 55 mile per hour, first snow fall of the year, when a cow ran out in front of me. I said to myself, if I go in the other lane and still hit the cow, I could be blamed for the accident. So, I decided to stay in my lane. I hit the cow straight on. I did not have my seat belt on. I did not get hurt. When I went to get out of the car, the door would not open. Finally I got out. It turned out all of the motor mounts of the 8 cylinder engine were busted along with the front end of the car. I went to the farmer's house, opened the door and went up about half way up the stairs calling for the farmer. The farmer came to the top of the stairs and asked me how did I get into the house. He claimed that door was always locked. I told him what happened and told him to contact the Sheriff. It turned out the farmers cows had been getting out a lot and the cows that did get hit, it was always the driver's fault. Grief!
To make the story short, the tow truck towed the car (time was about 3:00 - 3:30 AM) to where I bought it which was 1 hour and 45 minutes away. Then the tow truck took me to my parent's home which was about 30 minutes away.
I did not have collision insurance but that did not matter, the farmer paid for the towing and for me to get a different car. That afternoon, my Mother drove me the dealership, I signed the necessary papers for ownership of a car one year newer, same make and model, and I believe the car had less mileage then my wrecked car. With my newer car, I drove about 45 minutes to get to work. I got to work on time which was 3:30 PM. All of this happened within a 13.5 hour time frame.
How do you account for what happened? Was it normal?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-09-2019, 05:56 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It's a Spiritual Forum and this Section is Christianity rather than Christian

oops sorry forgot to include you on my statement. Sky here is something for you to ponder...........ready.....

christianity-the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices.
Christian quality or character.

oh and sky-if you find an issue with the above definition, please take it up with the dictionary people,
Old 24-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
oops sorry forgot to include you on my statement. Sky here is something for you to ponder...........ready.....

christianity-the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices.
Christian quality or character.

oh and sky-if you find an issue with the above definition, please take it up with the dictionary people,

' christianity-the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices.
Christian quality or character. '

Exactly, that what I always say....