Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
MaliMarie

Angel1

a scientist in the 1700's who was going to die by the guillotine decided to turn his death into an improvement in science. His assistant stood in the crowd where his head was to fall and counted the number of blinks after the scientist lost his head. The number was 22. 22 seconds after death the man was still conscious. Does that mean that for those seconds the soul was gone? I'd like to think otherwise... our soul may be who we are, but our bodies are important too... and honestly the thought of a body without a soul while the eyes are still blinking is unnerving.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliMarie
a scientist in the 1700's who was going to die by the guillotine decided to turn his death into an improvement in science. His assistant stood in the crowd where his head was to fall and counted the number of blinks after the scientist lost his head. The number was 22. 22 seconds after death the man was still conscious. Does that mean that for those seconds the soul was gone? I'd like to think otherwise... our soul may be who we are, but our bodies are important too... and honestly the thought of a body without a soul while the eyes are still blinking is unnerving.

Blinking is involuntary. Your BODY does the action to wet the eyes. The soul is not attached to the body. So yes, the body and head are still "alive" but no, the soul is popped out. I know this... it happened to me in this lifetime...
Old 08-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack

I've choked before, and I didn't leave my body when that feeling happened. Was it simply because my soul had no intention of dying that day?

Yep! :) There are many near death experiences, you had already decided not to take that exit point :)
Old 08-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:

Wow! Sometimes I fear giving birth more than I fear death. However, I had a dream this morning that I was giving birth. I felt the baby come out and was very surprised at how fast it was and that I wasn't in much pain at all-- just exhausted and surprised!
I also died giving birth lol Sorry Trag! I bled to death after an emergency C-section.

To dream of giving birth is "new beginnings". Sounds like you have some exciting times coming :)
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavymouth
so you might remember a past life so what was your death like? i'm most interested in drownings, suffocation, and falling to the ground stories but any will do except for burning, starvation, and dehydration...i hate the thought of those three blecch! i know i'm morbid but i gotta know what you were feeling without air or in freefall or whatever else comes up in this thread! and when u stop breathing at death is it weird your not doing that(breathing)? what is it like between lives without air in your nonexistent lungs? i'm endlessly fascinated by the thought of not needing to breathe during a time without lungs...or do you breathe a different way? some people say they breathe light hmmm...is it true?

Death doesnt hurt..thatsnwhy so many walk in disbelief that they are dead because you dont feel dead.. you feel normal and you seen what happened to you but it doesnt matter because you feel the same so you draw the conclusion you are still alive.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:39 AM
jjj

I had a past life (or past death?) regression. I fell while rock climbing and broke my back. I guess it probably was dehydration because I was left and noone came for me. I didn't remember the thirst really... I had the sensation of my legs being gone or paralyzed and thinking that someone would be coming soon but they never came. It actually may have been blood loss because there was a sense of dizziness, numbness, almost intoxication..... and then leaving my body, heartbroken that noone came for me. It is the source of my fear of heights and the reason that my legs feel like they fall out from under me when I am someplace high or see somebody in a high place. Who knows.... I just know that it did help a little to go through the regression. :)
Old 09-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Felynx

I have the same problem with heights as jjj. A lot of the times the last time you died takes the form of a hpobia in this life. Im getting over it though.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:40 PM
CJ82Sky

hmm interesting. i have an extreme fear of heights that isn't easily explainable. for example, the eiffel tower or sacre crux or any tall building i am on top of terrifies me. any of those bungee things terrify me (but i did one when i was younger and was less scared - it has gotten worse with age). but roller coasters are okay, ferris wheels i can (moderately) tolerate, and so on. very strange and i haven't been able to pin that one to any death or past life (yet) and i know quite a few. if anyone has any insight i'm all ears!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
I have the same problem with heights as jjj. A lot of the times the last time you died takes the form of a hpobia in this life. Im getting over it though.
I agree on this. Though taught at an early age to learn to swim, I'm terrified to enter water where I can't touch the bottom. Finding out about PLR, I saw at least 4 where I drown and 1 where I had pneumonia (which is just like drowning).
Old 12-06-2011, 03:16 AM
Master
It's not death that is painful, but what we go through just before it might be. As for the feeling of not breathing, only the physical body needs to breathe. As soon as we're out of it in our spirit body breathing is no longer an issue.

My memories of death experiences from before this life are... Relief!

Xan