Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-04-2023, 04:51 PM
Knower

A peek inside the Godhead, the Fullness of Nothing

This post is a pointer, a map...

--- WELCOME TO THE GODHEAD ---

Emptied of self, silent of why,
Wisdom's Vision shines,
Light exploding into Life, Life exploding into Light,
Omnipresent, Instantaneous,
Ever blooming, ever unfolding,
The I, silenced, speaks in Silence
to say
I am This

Within the Godhead
Of the fullness of Nothing,
Dishes are washed,
Dogs are walked,
Sadness happens,
Joy happens,
Leaves fall,
Rooves leak,
Sweat stinks,
Apples are eaten,
Balls are thrown.

In the Godhead of the Fullness of Nothing...
Old 29-04-2023, 05:52 PM
Master

nice poem

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
This post is a pointer, a map...
--- WELCOME TO THE GODHEAD ---
Within the Godhead
Of the fullness of Nothing,
Dishes are washed,
Dogs are walked,
In the Godhead of the Fullness of Nothing...
Indeed God has the capacity to conjure up any vision in real life by which u see / call / recognize Him. Just its upon us how we see/call/recognize Him.
Old 16-05-2023, 12:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Does non-dualism posit a deity or godhead? I'm not well read on it but I doubt it.
Old 18-05-2023, 04:23 PM
Master

Deity or godhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Does non-dualism posit a deity or godhead? I'm not well read on it but I doubt it.

You are right . Non duality as originally propounded by Shankaracharya n known as kevaladvait (only n only non duality) will consider deity or godhead also part of duality. Yet it is very interesting to know that he is the one who has written maximum devotional (dualistic) stotra.

On the other hand there are other variants like Shuddhadvait (pure non duality) propounded by Vallabhacharya or vishishtadvait (special non duality) which recognises Deity or Godhead also.

I consider both views valid because they have definite message for seekers at various levels.
Also non duality does not deny duality. It simply suggests/recommends nondual orientations in myriad duality situations in life.
Old 21-05-2023, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh Shah
non duality does not deny duality. It simply suggests/recommends nondual orientations in myriad duality situations in life

Well said. If it were not so, then there is yet limitation and not absolute freedom.
Old 21-05-2023, 09:07 AM
Master

non-duallity orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Well said. If it were not so, then there is yet limitation and not absolute freedom.
It's true .If u ponder over it , it has real life practical guideline to ameliorate our lives in family / community/corporations /nations and it is not mere spiritual dogma.
Old 23-05-2023, 02:45 AM
Master
nonduality can be a god but without human characteristics. Such as All That Exists. Existence itself. You can call that God or whatever you like. It doesn't mind, it is everything.

The nothingness of it is the unknowability of it. The infinite and eternal and absolute Uniqueness that existence is as all things always are also beyond time always Unique and therefor it is forever more being known. More and more. Without end. Always new. Always unique. But because it is so new and unique, we have no name for it and we call it nothingness.
Old 23-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

Aknaton,

Christianity posits Non-dualism with the words….”The Father and I are one”…..
Old 23-05-2023, 02:11 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Unseeking Seeker,

What is absolute freedom ? Is it the freedom OF choice or the freedom FROM choice ? I can make a case for the latter…..
Old 15-06-2023, 11:08 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
You are right . Non duality as originally propounded by Shankaracharya n known as kevaladvait (only n only non duality) will consider deity or godhead also part of duality.

1. Now what is nonduality and what is duality ? Awareness unmixed with thought is nondual. Awareness mixed with thought is dual because thought always creates the observer and the observed, the subject and the object, and hence awareness mixed with thought is dual.

2. God has two modes of being: dual and nondual. Sometimes He thinks and sometimes He just Is (meaning just aware).