Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-05-2011, 07:01 PM
DulcePoetica

Outside is in.

I feel as if I am going through some sort of freaky perception inversion. I am hoping that some of you wiser, more advanced types will tell me this is a natural phase in the "process."

Through meditation, I have definitely begun to sense my inner self as a tangible reality with its own dimensions. So much so in fact, that I have recently started to understand how my body, thoughts and emotions are external manifestations of this inner reality. These concepts are still pretty loosely formed, but they are beginning to make more sense than the point of view I grew up with.

Within the last couple of weeks, I have also noticed that when I walk outside, I don't feel like I am outside anymore. It feels like I am inside something larger. It's very strange, there even seems to be an acoustic difference when I hear birds singing. I can hear their birdsongs reverberating as if we are all within an enclosure of some kind. A movie set. I am starting to wonder if this is related to my heightened awareness of the inner reality.

It is as if instead of going into my garden, I have wandered out my back door into the cavernous reality of my inner self. I'm pretty sure that all that has changed is my perception. Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else? Will this inverted reality ever feel normal?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:42 AM
nightowl

I am not sure if this will help answer your question but I believe I understand what you are experiencing. You are seeing with the eyes of the spirit. You have connected with spirit and you are able to realize in your everyday life that you are connected to nature and creation as opposed to just living in it. Yes, I believe the more you develop on this journey the more comfortable it will feel, it will feel like that sensation you get when you come home after being away for a long time...know what I mean? Isn't it a wonderful thing!

nightowl
Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm with Nightowl, are you also seeing things more sharply, brighter, fresher you mentioned hearing the birds was this clearer?

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Master
Happy birthday to you......lala la la la la....hmmm mmmm
Old 06-05-2011, 12:13 PM
DulcePoetica

Thanks guys. :) I'm glad it's gonna be like this for a while. I kinda like it.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 AM
Master
I have been in that" spot" for a while and came out of it. Once you are in it, and have experienced it,you want it back!

zipzip
Old 07-05-2011, 06:18 AM
themaster

My teacher has a saying that comes from the bible/sufi about the new reality and people stepping more and more into it..

To be 'in the world, but not of it'
Old 07-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
My teacher has a saying that comes from the bible/sufi about the new reality and people stepping more and more into it..

To be 'in the world, but not of it'

This statement has always applied....perhaps less and less as people step more and more into it. I just mean to point out that this quote doesn't only apply to the 'new reality', it has pointed the way for thousands of years.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:49 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
This statement has always applied....perhaps less and less as people step more and more into it. I just mean to point out that this quote doesn't only apply to the 'new reality', it has pointed the way for thousands of years.
No, I actually think it does apply..

Shall I explain? I shall..

Here is my understanding.. if one was to elevate their consciousness.. begin to pull out of what some of us know as the label 3rd dimension.. then they might see the 3rd dimension.. do the following..

- Go into reaction and fear about tsunami
- Go into reaction about a certain 'death'

My point being is.. those in higher consciousness still in this reality with others.. might experience it as..

Being in the world..

But because they have elevated consciousness..

not of it..

does that make sense?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Experiencer

Dulce: My thought is that like the others: You are perceiving with spiritual senses, mixing with what you're used to- the physical senses, and therefore "all has been made new".

As for "in the world, but not of the world". My observation is that as a result of an increase of spiritual awareness mixing with the consciousness we have thus far developed for ourselves, we have the moment of realization that shows us the physical is not all there is. We are no longer convinced that we are only physical, therefore not 'of' the world. That is, we're not completely made of the same stuff the world is.