Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Experiencer

Something's Gone, A layer of the veil?

Does anyone experience something like this?

Three years ago I experienced a multiple consciousness in meditation. Soon after that I see periodic entries in my journal referring to a feeling that some part of me is gone. It feels like it was some kind of irrational view of the world. Like I used to see it one way, and now I see it without some of it's 'reality' quality, if that makes any sense. It's very prominent when I see people watching football, for example. I seem to find it very odd that they are so "into" it, as though it were something very important. Not the fun aspect, but the actual game itself seems to mean something to them and not me. But this is only one example. Another might be road rage. It has become almost comical to me to see someone honk their horn at another driver. Another might be knowing that people planning to have children seemingly have no idea of the severity of what they are contemplating. It's like the entire concept of the physical world is now very different for me. I know I have to live in it and take care of us, but I really have no desire to. I got as far as actually disliking it, but am coming out of that now.
Is this a side effect of "waking up" or some kind of escapism?
Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Enya

I'd say it's a form of detachment, of seeing past the illusions toward what is important. Welcome to the real world...
Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Luminosi

I felt the same way once, but it faded away.
Actually quite depressing
Old 01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011
Something's Gone, A layer of the veil?
The veil is being consistenly thinned.. until it will be a former shell of what it once was
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Master
I think I've felt that way constantly about society, what importance they place on certain things, traditions, as one example, but not knocking them, per se, but like they are sort of robotic in their activities, their 'needs' to be a soccer mom or stage mom or all the making-busy stuff that keeps us seemingly from really getting to know each other.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Raewynn

I've experienced something similar to what you describe. For me, I felt the hum-drum of life was like a dance, like the kind you might find in a ball room where everyone moves together. I felt a very desperate urge to break free, like I was trapped in this monotonus dance. It was really quite maddening; I could see the triviality in just about everything.

Luckily, I had a friend to calm me down. For me, it was an awakening of sorts. If you let it, the strong feeling will pass. You have to find what matters to you; what really matters.

This new insight might change your interests, though. I used to like video games a lot more, but not now. They seem very frivolous to me, for the most part. The only reason I play some games is because I am playing with family and I value the time spent together.

In your case, perhaps you won't care for football games, but you'll learn to appreciate the bonds the develop between the people who watch them?

Thoughts?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 PM
blackfellawhitefella

... is this an 'in the world but not of the world ' moment , going on in here ?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Master
Gee, I guess you could put it like that, bfwf...?

Old 02-05-2011, 02:54 AM
Experiencer

Yes, it's difficult to be in the world but not of the world. But the old traditions say to live "as though" you were of the world, that's to avoid being crucified, I guess.
Another way of describing this has come to mind: It's as though the "wool was being pulled from my eyes". I see the indescribable fallacy most of the population lives under, I want to yell at them "wake up you\", but that dont work either.
I wish I knew how to finish this business and get out of here....or at least, figure out how to live here comfortably.
I know we're here for a good reason, there's too much effort put into us being here for it not to be.
Also, I keep hearing in the background "be careful what you wish for , you might just get it.".
Help us all.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011
Yes, it's difficult to be in the world but not of the world. But the old traditions say to live "as though" you were of the world, that's to avoid being crucified, I guess.
Another way of describing this has come to mind: It's as though the "wool was being pulled from my eyes". I see the indescribable fallacy most of the population lives under, I want to yell at them "wake up you\", but that dont work either.
I wish I knew how to finish this business and get out of here....or at least, figure out how to live here comfortably.
I know we're here for a good reason, there's too much effort put into us being here for it not to be.
Also, I keep hearing in the background "be careful what you wish for , you might just get it.".
Help us all.

The answer is Love.

Sounds cliche I know but seriously, Love really is the answer. Love is accepting things as perfect. When you allow people to be who they are and look for the beauty in that, when you can show Love to the world, you will no longer be so eager to leave.