Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 AM
small.hope.smiles

Unhappy disconnected

I just began on this spiritual path about 8 months ago. I have always had a strong sense of intuition or a gift of knowing and have always had an interest in wanting to learn more. I especially became interested when I learned that my grandmother too had this gift. So my goal was to strengthen it in hopes of developing it to my full potential. While on this path, I have learned that I am empathic and also became attuned to Reiki I/II. After my attunement I was experiencing some unusual physical and mental challenges. Some of them a little frightening that I began to question my mental health. Talking to my friends, some who aren't in agreement with my walk, they thought I was losing it. And I almost believed them. Well by the grace of God, I got through it. I had just concluded that it may have been apart of the Reiki detoxification. Well I noticed that its been about a month and it seems like any gift I had is gone. I don't feel like me and I can't seem to figure it out. I am wondering if I was shielding myself so much during my detoxification that I may have created a spiritual block. I apologize in advance if I am not making any sense. I just hope someone understands. I do still give myself Reiki once a day and my chakras seem balanced. However my meditation has somewhat ceased...can this be apart of it?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Greenslade

Hi Small, welcome to SF

Every once in a while we need to take a break, there's a lot to be said for coffee and a comfy seat, especially when it's in the sunshine. Perhaps this is where you are right now, having a Spiritual coffee break. It sounds as though you've been through a few major changes, so give yourself time to let everything sort itself out. Sometimes we can run down that Spiritual Path and forget that we're still human after all.

We also change day-by-day and moment-to moment, often so imperceptibly that we don't even notice it. Then we go through major changes and while catching our breath we think 'Whoa there. Where have I gone?' Time for another coffee break, so while you're waiting for the caffeine hit to subside take the time to discover who's 'in there'.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Hi Small

Greenslade said some useful things. Also, it struck me what you said about meditation ceasing because my psychic development really began once I started getting into meditation more consistently and deeply. It might be that because you're not meditating you're not as open as you were. This is just speculation based on my experience. Even if that is the case please don't worry or beat yourself up, we all needs breaks and if you don't feel able to meditate right now that's simply fine. You may well find your psychic skills begin to open up when you feel ready to get back into meditation again.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:31 AM
bbr

Hi shs. A your post reminded me of myself in my late 30s. That time period was smack-dab in the worst 10 years of my life. There are spiritual philosophies that speak of your angels/higher self receding into the background from your late 20s until your early 40s. The idea being that you're left to your own devices in order to discover your soul path in freedom. Don't know how true that is, but my 30s and early 40s sure felt that way. It was a very barren time for me spiritually speaking. All the best.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by small.hope.smiles
I was shielding myself so much during my detoxification that I may have created a spiritual block.
I think you diagnosed it. Energy isn't energy unless it moves. "Resistance" is futile!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
Energy isn't energy unless it moves.
All life is energy, including stillness. Energy comes in various forms -- active and reflective to name two energy poles. There's an appropriate time for one or the other, depending on the circumstances.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
small.hope.smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
You may well find your psychic skills begin to open up when you feel ready to get back into meditation again.

I suppose you might be right Starbuck. I mean I do realize how important it is to meditate, I suppose I should start making it a priority again. Thanks

love and light
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 PM
blackfellawhitefella

Quote:
I just began on this spiritual path about 8 months ago. I have always had a strong sense of intuition or a gift of knowing and have always had an interest in wanting to learn more.

i never got past this bit.

statement one is repudiated by statement two.

hahahahaha ..love it.

anyways , gotta splitski

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...whatever did follow, would /could /should appreciate a little 'focus'.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Experiencer

small hopes:
I too have stopped my meditation and then started it again. It is because I need time to assimilate what I 'get'. And ego needs time to adjust and get comfortable again. It seems to me that when I receive knowledge from spirit, it frightens ego and we need time together to 'take it all in' as it were.
I have seen that there is no going back, and even get fearful of going forward too fast, but that is not possible. Those who help us in the spiritual realm are able to protect us from ourselves as well.
It will be a new thread for me to start when I can get the right words, but there is a problem with breaking our selves out of the Earth-only mindset. I don't know if it's the way it's supposed to be or not, but I read alot of people haveing the same dillema on this site, so its' not that we're doing anything wrong, it's that there is a severe lack of bonifide instruction along this course of action. I think.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 PM
small.hope.smiles

It was recently brought up to my attention that I should be a little more considerate when responding to those who are offering advice. With that being said I do apologize. My intentions are good so again I apologize to those who may thought otherwise.